EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Honestly, it's inexcusable for either one.   These guys don't have side jobs like in the 50s and 60s.  

tenor.gif?itemid=11509538

Come to camp in shape.

Bro, they need time to prioritize their mental health. We are past the time when athletes like Raegor are valued simply for their athletic prowess. He has earned a place in football history, and has proven himself to be an amazing spokesperson and influencer who has much to offer brands even without competing and eventually in retirement.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

That's a great point.  Shoot, I got one day off for my grandfather passing.  One more area where it looks like we coddle athletes.  Not diminishing the fact that he lost a buddy, it sucks. 

Your grandfather dies and you get a day.  Would likely have had to use PTO if you wanted more time with family to both celebrate and mourn.  The issue isn't coddling people around loss, the issue is our employers not giving a crap about our loss.  Person close to you dies, is diagnosed with a terminal illness, etc?  Hey, one day ought to do it!  Man up, b-i-t-c-h!

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

For the record, I've always called him a decent depth player, but not a guy you want to be starting all 16 games unless there's an injury in TC/PS.   I just don't see Herbig as a starter.  That doesn't make him trash, it just makes him limited.   If we are going for blasts from the past, I'd liken him more to Nick Cole than Hank Fraley.

Yea, there are some in your boat who think he's better for depth.  We'll see.  The good news is that he seems to want to be better.  He's putting in work.

Oh I wasn't a Nick Cole fan.  All 3 are shaped the same but I think Hank was an underrated center.

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I haven't been able to find the information.  When do padded or at least shell practices start?

Sometime next week. CBA says first week is all shorts and helmets 

7 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Your grandfather dies and you get a day.  Would likely have had to use PTO if you wanted more time with family to both celebrate and mourn.  The issue isn't coddling people around loss, the issue is our employers not giving a crap about our loss.  Person close to you dies, is diagnosed with a terminal illness, etc?  Hey, one day ought to do it!  Man up, b-i-t-c-h!

True.

19 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Not gonna argue that.

42 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brother, and a niece all passed away. For some I got a day and for some I got 3 days and I was able to go back to work and function just fine afterwards, I'm not sure why you would need to miss work for more than that. If somehow that triggers a true mental health crisis go and talk to a shrink, or your pastor, or someone else that you respect. I doubt dwelling on the loss 24 hours a day is good for you either. Life goes on.

37 minutes ago, greend said:

My parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brother, and a niece all passed away. For some I got a day and for some I got 3 days and I was able to go back to work and function just fine afterwards, I'm not sure why you would need to miss work for more than that. If somehow that triggers a true mental health crisis go and talk to a shrink, or your pastor, or someone else that you respect. I doubt dwelling on the loss 24 hours a day is good for you either. Life goes on.

When my mom passed a year and a half ago, I probably would have had a full meltdown if it wasn't for work.  I don't know how people can go sit for days and dwell on it constantly.  I had plenty of bad moments, but when I had to work I put my big boy pants on and dealt with it.

6 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Keep this man out until he is a week beyond 100%. No sense in pushing it

2 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Keep this man out until he is a week beyond 100%. No sense in pushing it

Sooooooo, he's done here then?

Watching practice live on FB. Mailata is going to be a beast. 0 chance Dillard outright beats him for the position. 

Just now, Thrive said:

So apparently Carson is hurt again. You have to feel for the guy.

Palmer?

1 minute ago, Thrive said:

Is it going to hurt the Eagles chances of getting a better draft pick? Then NO!

10 hours ago, Utebird said:

I was one of those that said he was just a slot, I was mistaken and I said so at the end of last year.

I'm not going to take much from a 7- on 7 clip but that was a really good route on the outside.

Will be Interesting to see if he can continue to do well on the inside and the outside and establish himself as a top notch WR, if he runs routes like that in games and produces like he did last year reagor and Howie are gonna get a lot more heat 

Howie should get the brunt of it, reagor has zero control over where he was drafted all he can do is go out on the field and try to prove his doubters wrong, to date he's off to a Shakey start.

I hope he can turn it around, I think there are still a group of fans that want to see reagor utterly fail so they can say I told you so.👎

Even if Jefferson continues his torrid pace it would be nice if reagor could show something.

Coincidentally reagor is looking more like just a slot receiver ☹️

Lots of people on here didn't want him. I remember going back through the draft thread and quoting a bunch of them

2 hours ago, greend said:

Starting to look like Reagor and Dillard are indeed "busts". I usually try to stick up for younguns until I have to finally admit it but I'm going with suck on these two. I sure hope Smith utrns out to be super man cause man we suck at drafting

I'll be the last one off the hype train on these guys.  I still believe both can and will make contributions; in the end both will be given more than adequate opportunity to show what they can do.  In Reagor's case it's up to him as a professional athlete to channel adversity into motivation -- dedicate the season to his lost friend and dedicate himself to be better.  Dillard should win the starting job at LT through merit; if he can't do it then he needs to contribute in whatever role he's asked.

5 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Foot injury

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Vachina injury

figures

2 minutes ago, greend said:

Funny thing I found nothing out there about it so..................................................trolling?

"foot"

9 minutes ago, greend said:

Sooooooo, he's done here then?

Lol, touche

Just now, dawkdaballhawk said:

"feelings"

fyp

33 minutes ago, greend said:

Lesson of the day: greend is the torch bearer for everything.  Just be like greend.

Archived