1 hour ago, metal said:

7 times, in fact.

I can't believe people used to argue he was good

16 minutes ago, devpool said:

I can't believe people used to argue he was good

He was pretty good for a couple years then that was it 

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

He was pretty good for a couple years then that was it 

not even. He was all we had for a couple years. But that didnt mean he was good.

Training camp sure has changed.  All these rules about when they can wear pads and such and how much they can practice.  Not sure I understand the point of "veteran days".  It's the 3rd day of TC, you haven't even put shells on yet and have practiced for maybe 4 hours total so you give certain vets the 3rd day off?  What's the point?

I'm excited to hear that Sweat is showing up.  I'm also excited about Tyree Jackson.  I know the hype will get overblown, but he's been one of my dark horse guys I've talked about the last few months.  

Interesting note that JaCoby Stevens calling the plays with first team red zone defense today.  

Just now, bpac55 said:

Training camp sure has changed.  All these rules about when they can wear pads and such and how much they can practice.  Not sure I understand the point of "veteran days".  It's the 3rd day of TC, you haven't even put shells on yet and have practiced for maybe 4 hours total so you give certain vets the 3rd day off?  What's the point?

I'm excited to hear that Sweat is showing up.  I'm also excited about Tyree Jackson.  I know the hype will get overblown, but he's been one of my dark horse guys I've talked about the last few months.  

Interesting note that JaCoby Stevens calling the plays with first team red zone defense today.  

More reps for younger players.  Do you really think Kelce, Johnson, Cox and Graham need all those reps?  

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

More reps for younger players.  Do you really think Kelce, Johnson, Cox and Graham need all those reps?  

Honestly, I'm in the school of thought that every rep counts.  Brand new offense, brand new plays.  As many reps as they can get will only help this team be better.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Makes no sense to me either.  

Johnson and Howard running with the twos and are said to look good.  Maybe like a back in flag football.  I think they put on pads Monday.  That should tell us something more about performances.  

Tomorrow’s practice is at 5:30.  Not sure I get the point of that. 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Do they know the new schemes already?  

I think this training camp has been pretty odd for two reasons.

1. The practices so far have been far shorter than the CBA permits. Each day has been from 70 to 80ish mins max. Adam Caplan said today was by far the shortest TC practice he’s been to in 21 years. Not sure why they aren’t taking advantage of as much on field time as they can being a young, new coaching staff. Hopefully they ramp it up a bit.

2. Gannon admitted that the practices have been more physical than most offensive coaches want them to be, but Sirianni likes it. Gannon even admitted they need to tone it down and scale it back some to avoid unnecessary injuries. I personally like they are being more physical, but it does seem like they are flirting with disaster as they are only in shorts and bare minimum shells. Even some beat reporters are noticing there’s more guys laying on the ground than usual for this time of year. It will be interesting to see if this approach helps the players prepare for real game and avoid injuries or if it blows up in their face at some point.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Do they know the new schemes already?  

They are out there during the practice.  The schemes are in the playbook, so I hope so.  On OL, I suspect the blocking is similar.  I do like how Sirianni is rotating around players so they get used to each other.  

Interesting that Juriga was the C with Kelce out today.  He got some reps as the 6th OL at the end of the year.  Real short arms but a priority UDFA.   Like Dickerson ( and like Kelce and Brooks a bit) excels at second level blocking.  

29 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm also not a fan of it. They need the work.

28 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Johnson and Howard running with the twos and are said to look good.  Maybe like a back in flag football.  I think they put on pads Monday.  That should tell us something more about performances.  

Tomorrow’s practice is at 5:30.  Not sure I get the point of that. 

I think I heard that it's a league wide thing.

7 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

200.gif

4AC6DF9D-5B78-4ACD-BB12-8B803BC59043.jpeg

7 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Good news about our QB who is on the roster. 

I honestly don't remember them keeping track of camp days like that before

Only remember whether they threw picks or not

Probably just horrible memory though lol

16 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That’s his thing. Listening to some daily pods today was mostly dink and dunk or RZ drills. 

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

ESP has done it for years. 

Welp at least we got rid of Wentz in time to get something for him. 

5 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Welp at least we got rid of Wentz in time to get something for him. 

Just hope he plays enough to get that 1st rounder.

Talk coming out of Indy is not promising. Not season ending but could miss a chunk of time.

The first rounder was never going to happen anyways.  The Colts aren't stupid and will find a way to keep him under 70%.  Only way it becomes a first is on the off chance he rediscovers his 2017 form (and I'm not sure we can emotionally handle that anyways).

The guy who played here the last three years was barely a starting caliber QB.  Don't let the numbers fool you.

Can you imagine if we had stubbornly kept him and he got injured like this? Not only would we be kicking ourselves, any and all trade value would have been gone and we would have been stuck with him and his contract.

Archived