EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Can you imagine if we had stubbornly kept him and he got injured like this? Not only would we be kicking ourselves, any and all trade value would have been gone and we would have been stuck with him and his contract.

Exactly, the I told ya so’s win the washer’s lose.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Do they know the new schemes already?  

For the offensive players yes especially since it’s the same OL coach and whatever their scheme is now it’s not far off from what they’re used to anyways. As for the defensive guys it would be wise to let those players play to their strengths anyway. Doing anything other than that would be like when the WFT paid Albert Haynesworth a 100 million dollar contract only to say to him we want you to do everything opposite of what got you a 100 million dollar contract. 

Training camps get less physical every year. That's just the nature of it. Guys however do practice more in their own time in the off-season. It explains how Davion Taylor can look better.

Taylor has all the athletic gifts you'd want. If he can figure it out, we're in business.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Training camps get less physical every year. That's just the nature of it. Guys however do practice more in their own time in the off-season. It explains how Davion Taylor can look better.

Taylor has all the athletic gifts you'd want. If he can figure it out, we're in business.

It’s different, but I like how at least early on they’re rotating in the young guys with the first teams. This staff seems to have a solid plan for player development. 

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Tomorrow’s practice is at 5:30.  Not sure I get the point of that. 

It's cooler in the morning?

We can all see it coming. Wentz will be out just enough to knock the pick out of round 1, but will come back and lead the Colts deep in the  playoffs making it a late second rounder. 

51 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s different, but I like how at least early on they’re rotating in the young guys with the first teams. This staff seems to have a solid plan for player development. 

This has been the best news about the Sirianni/Gannon hires. They're coaching. Whether they can lead, scheme, etc is up for debate.

Either they get a 1 for Wentz or we’ll be grateful we even got a 2.

Goff has had a better career than Wentz, wasn’t disgruntled, is on a similar contract, and they gave up draft capital to unload him.

The fact that we got a 2 possible 1 is a miracle.  They ruined Wentz in the first place, but they did well on the trade.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Funny thing about that... early on in Doug's tenure, the young guys got rotated in to games as well rather regularly.  Then it just stopped Seumalo and Vaitai were used as extra TEs in heavy packages frequently.  The WRs would rotate and even Marcus Johnson got some receptions in his extremely limited role.  That all seemed to change after 2017.  It forces one to conclude that Reich was the leading man.   I knew losing him would be a huge loss, which is why to this day any mention of Josh McDaniels makes me furious, and made me even more furious when he was getting interviewed to be the new coach here.  And frankly, he doesn't even seem to be anywhere near a good coach.   McDaniels backing out in Indy caused us to lose Reich a year sooner than we should have, and who knows... maybe he gets passed over again (he really should have gotten interviews in the process after the 2017 season, rather than being the only viable option left for Indy that offered any clout to help them save face).   What happens in 2018 with Reich still here?  Who knows?   Aggravating to think about.

1 hour ago, Nivraga said:

It's cooler in the morning?

Meh.  The weather today is extremely mild.   High of about 80.  Temperatures aren't a consideration.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Either they get a 1 for Wentz or we’ll be grateful we even got a 2.

Goff has had a better career than Wentz, wasn’t disgruntled, is on a similar contract, and they gave up draft capital to unload him.

The fact that we got a 2 possible 1 is a miracle.  They ruined Wentz in the first place, but they did well on the trade.

How did they ruin Wentz? We had a decent O Line (even 2020 the line wasn't near the worst in the NFL), he had 2 good TE's, he's had first and second round receivers, plus decent guys traded for, they even sacked a coach for him. How did the Eagles ruin him? 

5 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

How did they ruin Wentz? We had a decent O Line (even 2020 the line wasn't near the worst in the NFL), he had 2 good TE's, he's had first and second round receivers, plus decent guys traded for, they even sacked a coach for him. How did the Eagles ruin him? 

After 2017... who are you referring too?  JJAW?  Agholor?  Reagor?  Desean?  Tate?  Wallace?

And they sacked the coach for him?   Nah.  They sacked the coach as the fall guy for Howie.

17 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

This effing guy. 

Got so much respect for him.  

Nfl network are doing a full day of training camp coverage which is great and I’ll be watching a lot of it but the name "back together Saturday” seems a bit unnecessary.

Reagor did better with Hurts, Agholor immediately did better elsewhere. Jeffery perked up with other QB's. 

Wentz struggled for chemistry with any receiver the Eagles put out there not called Zach Ertz and last year he couldn't even find him reliably , at some point you have to wonder where the fault lies.

This year it will be interesting to see the WR yardage figures. 

8 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Nfl network are doing a full day of training camp coverage which is great and I’ll be watching a lot of it but the name "back together Saturday” seems a bit unnecessary.

Wonder if they will be at Eagles camp then since I can't imagine too many other camps will still be going on around 5:30 today. 

20 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Reagor did better with Hurts, Agholor immediately did better elsewhere. Jeffery perked up with other QB's. 

Wentz struggled for chemistry with any receiver the Eagles put out there not called Zach Ertz and last year he couldn't even find him reliably , at some point you have to wonder where the fault lies.

This year it will be interesting to see the WR yardage figures. 

Reagor looked lost.  Agholor sucked before Wentz got here, and reverted back to his rookie year.  We'll see what Agholor continues to do, but it seems like the more the light is shown on him, the more he wilts.   It wasn't Wentz' fault when he'd throw the ball to Agholor only for him to drop it.   Jeffery and Wentz had just fine chemistry in 2017.  What happened after that?  Seems it was a combination of things... like Jeffery not really being that interested either.   And did Jeffery 'perk up' with Hurts?   6 receptions on the season, I believe.   That's very perky.   Also a very nice job by you to completely ignore Golden Tate and JJAW, who were both wastes here.   BTW... if you check the stats on Foles vs. Wentz throwing to Alshon in 2018... it was nearly identical.  Same with Ertz.

I'm not saying Wentz was perfect, by no means.  But the surrounding cast of receivers was beyond awful starting sometime in 2018.   And that's on the GM.  But, he's still here.   zippity-doo-dah.

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wonder if they will be at Eagles camp then since I can't imagine too many other camps will still be going on around 5:30 today. 

They said they’ll be at everyone of them.

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

not even. He was all we had for a couple years. But that didnt mean he was good.

Agree to disagree

Archived