EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don't mind the back and forth. Hell I’ve done that before. I tend to agree that they would likely pull the trigger on a deal if all they believed would happen in this scenario is the nfl suspending him for 6-8 weeks and no criminal charges were going to hold up in court. 

tbh I’m not sure you, i or anyone besides watson and the massage therapists will ever know the complete truth. I tend to think the civil cases get settled and the criminal ones are likely going to be a he said she said and hard to ultimately prove one way or the other. 

Yea nobody really knows the truth outside of like you said Watson and the massage therapists. It’s tough pill to swallow and weird line to walk because I’ve followed Watson since early days at Clemson, always believed he was a really good guy. But once you hit 22 accusations, I just can’t believe it’s a money grab at all or misinterpretations from a situation. I don’t support the move, and I think it’s best to just stay out of the situation completely no matter how talented he is. See what you got with Hurts or look to the 2022 NFL draft instead 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I don't think that's possible in this case. The criminal investigation is months away from being completed, but the season starts in 30 days, and as I noted, the Texans probably don't want to start handing him game checks. 

I tend to think the texans were hoping the nfl putting him on the commissioners exempt list so they wouldn’t have to deal with this until next offseason when things in the case possibly somewhat more clear or at least settled in the civil cases. By not doing i think it hurts the Texans because they definitely don’t want him there and potentially getting hurt and he doesn’t want to be there either 

49 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Quit talking like you know what you’re saying & actually pay attention to the events that are transpiring. For someone so old Your insults sure are pathetic and juvenile.  

Well, that's the thing homeboy, I do. No team is going to blindly trade for Watson without doing extreme due diligence and investigative work. You seem to be far more concerned with winning some pissing contest you've created in your head rather than using common sense and reason. Stop embarrassing yourself and just admit you were wrong and said something stupid.

33 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Yea nobody really knows the truth outside of like you said Watson and the massage therapists. It’s tough pill to swallow and weird line to walk because I’ve followed Watson since early days at Clemson, always believed he was a really good guy. But once you hit 22 accusations, I just can’t believe it’s a money grab at all or misinterpretations from a situation. I don’t support the move, and I think it’s best to just stay out of the situation completely no matter how talented he is. See what you got with Hurts or look to the 2022 NFL draft instead 

I’ve liked deshaun watson since college as well. Like you also thought he was a good guy. He’s done a bunch of charity work and good things off the field and then you have this bombshell. I’m actually curious to see when the civil suit gets settled how many of the women keep the criminal charges. I do think it’s also weird the plaintiffs want a non disclosure agreement but watson doesn’t. Usually it’s the opposite way around. Haven’t heard why the women want one from their lawyer. 

Nevertheless i can respect not wanting to do it cause of the off the field incidents. However i just believe if the eagles feel like the criminal charges would be dropped and he’d only be suspended for 6-8 weeks that they’d definitely be in on it. i truly believe the eagles have serious interest in him. At this point the people who don’t believe they have interest it’s really just denial. Whether or not they get him or not is a different story. 

5 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Well, that's the thing homeboy, I do. No team is going to blindly trade for Watson without doing extreme due diligence and investigative work. You seem to be far more concerned with winning some pissing contest you've created in your head rather than using common sense and reason. Stop embarrassing yourself and just admit you were wrong and said something stupid.

I don’t care to keep doing this. Refer to this post but that’s where I stop this conversation. 

41 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Yeah I’ll quit the back and forth. I don’t like to get like this in the blog. I understand teams would be doing their own homework/investigations on him. My point was, that if the Eagles discovered there wouldn’t be any legal consequences for Watson, and would result in just an NFL suspension even if it actually is true that Watson has done these things but can’t be proven, they’d probably still go thru with the trade. 
I’ll admit I could of worded this better initially but didn’t care to clarify once the insults started

8 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I don’t care to keep doing this. Refer to this post but that’s where I stop this conversation. 

So you admit you were wrong and embarrassed yourself by keeping it going, got it. No problem man.

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ve liked deshaun watson since college as well. Like you also thought he was a good guy. He’s done a bunch of charity work and good things off the field and then you have this bombshell. I’m actually curious to see when the civil suit gets settled how many of the women keep the criminal charges. I do think it’s also weird the plaintiffs want a non disclosure agreement but watson doesn’t. Usually it’s the opposite way around. Haven’t heard why the women want one from their lawyer. 

Nevertheless i can respect not wanting to do it cause of the off the field incident. However i just believe if the eagles feel like the criminal charges would be dropped and he’d only be suspended for 6-8 weeks that they’d definitely be in on it. i truly believe the eagles have serious interest in him. At this point the people who don’t believe they have interest it’s really just denial. Whether or not they get him or not is a different story. 

Yea the women’s side of thing, mainly the lawyer, have some dicey things going on with them. If they do in fact trade him, it’s best just to wait until after this season when the situation has more clarity and closer to being resolved. Putting my stance on things aside, I think it’d be a really bad PR move to make the trade now but also probably the best business move. 

Chris Simms says his connections around the league and with the Colts aren't overly concerned with Carson Wentz missing that much time. Week 1 is very possible, and if not Week 2-3 is definite. FWIW.

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Quit talking like you know what you’re saying & actually pay attention to the events that are transpiring. For someone so old Your insults sure are pathetic and juvenile.  

good morning you ****, I was reading your little back and forth banter with that other poster, seems like he feeds you his table scraps and you like it, he's your daddy  now, call him papa from now on

4 hours ago, T-1000 said:

You're the one who thinks Lurie is going to sign off on trading for a guy you claim he would know is a sexual deviant and not care about it. Perhaps you should focus on your clear lack of common sense and ability to use any level of critical thinking.

Good morning loser boy, I think you've had your butt handed to you by that basement boy you've been going back and forth with so much, believe his last name is schude or lube, well what I gather is he is your mom, he birthed you, now leave us

AF: Howie simply had bad luck. Fans would have cut him more slack with 10 and 11 win seasons and a playoff run. 

AF: Doug is an idiot who apparently was unaffected by the same bad luck as Howie and should not have any slack cut for him.

I’ve said it a bunch of times (and so have others) that I cannot see the Eagles trading for Watson until his legal issues are resolved and until they know what his punishment is from the NFL.

The timeline makes no sense. 

13 hours ago, metal said:

Also according to Mike Kaye, Jason Peters is the only Eagles UFA left on the market which shouldn't really surprise anyone. 

Oh and NRC is out there too. Again, no surprise there. 

Did Alshon sign somewhere?

8 hours ago, MillerTime said:

So if you had all the access do you believe that you would draft better than Howie?

I'll be glad to say I wouldn't , that doesn't mean that I can't see the current guy isn't doing a good job.

6 hours ago, T-1000 said:

One thing people need to understand. They aren't making this move unless they have indisputable evidence that the allegations against Watson are false. Twitter is freaking out right now about how he is this and he is that and how could the Eagles trade for him. I think people need to use common sense. They aren't going to sell the farm in terms of draft picks and hitch their entire franchise to a scumbag who could be suspended in the metoo era. 

Yup

If Watson became an Eagle my whole outlook and attitude would change about this season. I do doubt there is an validity to the allegations but I wouldn't be happy if they were correct and we traded for him anyways.

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nevertheless i can respect not wanting to do it cause of the off the field incidents. However i just believe if the eagles feel like the criminal charges would be dropped and he’d only be suspended for 6-8 weeks that they’d definitely be in on it. i truly believe the eagles have serious interest in him. At this point the people who don’t believe they have interest it’s really just denial. Whether or not they get him or not is a different story. 

It's not weird at all that the women want a non disclosure, those women settle with their identities available and they are going to get a tidal wave of the worst personal abuse from every horses ass troll on social media, the risk of actual physical assault from certain people who realise who they are in public and old boyfriends hawking old booby pictures they were sent to tabloids.

The biggest problem for Watson is the two women who've solely filed criminal complaints, they can't be dismissed as just out for a pay day.

Also struggle to understand how teams PI's could get meaningful access to an ongoing criminal investigation beyond conjecture from low level investigating officers for money, that would be a huge risk and one I don't see a billion dollar business taking this year.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's not weird at all that the women want a non disclosure, those women settle with their identities available and they are going to get a tidal wave of the worst personal abuse from every horses ass troll on social media, the risk of actual physical assault from certain people who realise who they are in public and old boyfriends hawking old booby pictures they were sent to tabloids.

The biggest problem for Watson is the two women who've solely filed criminal complaints, they can't be dismissed as just out for a pay day.

Also struggle to understand how teams PI's could get meaningful access to an ongoing criminal investigation beyond conjecture from low level investigating officers for money, that would be a huge risk and one I don't see a billion dollar business taking this year.

First two of the women in this case who’ve put themselves out there and stated their name and put specifics of what happened. Do i think some of them are in the position you’ve mentioned? Yes. But the ones who’ve stated their name and whats happened have had people in their corner and defending them. And rightfully so. I’m guessing they also probably had some of that stuff you talked about happen to them. Which brings me to the opposite side of this where they want their story out there to show the horrors of sexual assault that prevents it happening from watson or anybody again regardless of how big a profile you are. Once they sign the non disclosure they can’t legally talk about it anymore. also helps other sexual assault victims come forward because they put their name behind it and aren’t afraid to stand up and have their story out there like the two women that have come public have done. As someone who’s had a family member and friend go through something like this (sexual assault) it very much helps seeing other women come forth, putting it all out there and being brave enough to do it. It really does help more than I think people realize. Your point is valid however it’s still very much more unusual for the defendant to not want one (usually they do want a non disclosure) and the plaintiff to require one in a settlement even in a high profile case. It’s usually the opposite way around or mutual. 

second that is true. Still if all go away besides the two after he settles in civil court that still the majority of them going away and are dismissed. and then they have to figure out through the investigation if there’s enough evidence provided by just those two to take it to court so they can get a conviction, which there’s a possibility they don’t. To get a conviction in criminal court isn’t the same as in civil court. In civil court the plaintiff only has to prove more than likely he did it. It’s easier to try and prove guilt. Meanwhile in criminal court you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt he did so. In a case where it’s going to be a lot of she said he did this and he says he’s innocent so losing all but two criminal cases in Watson’s benefit when it goes to a jury that has to negate the other ones who dropped the charges. That’s why I said all curious to see how many of those plaintiffs  in the civil case stay with the criminal case after it is likely settled in a civil court case

Listen to Adam caplan in his podcast and interview on 973 from the end of April/beginning Of May. He details how they do so. Additionally you mention multibillion dollar industry, so you telling me a business with very very deep pockets aren’t figuring out a way to get more info or have their own investigators who are hired to do background checks and this type of thing for a living constantly aren’t able to get more info then the normal person? I also believe even if this all went away teams would still be spending a ton of money to investigate to get even more information than what was provided publicly.  

I tend to agree i don’t think anything gets done until legally this plays itself out because I’m betting they have info they have from their investigation doesn’t reasonably conclude it won’t go to trial. 

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

There’s a football game tonight, you guys!

Ok, it’s the Cowboys, but still…

Cowboys and Steelers. Rooting for a meteor

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

I’ve said it a bunch of times (and so have others) that I cannot see the Eagles trading for Watson until his legal issues are resolved and until they know what his punishment is from the NFL.

The timeline makes no sense. 

The only way it makes sense is if the Texans are willing to give him away at a very heavy discount. Otherwise, yeah, why the hell would you trade for him now?

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

The only way it makes sense is if the Texans are willing to give him away at a very heavy discount. Otherwise, yeah, why the hell would you trade for him now?

It makes no sense for the Texans. Just wait until it clears up and trade him for a lot more. 

Unless they don’t think it’ll clear up…

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It makes no sense for the Texans. Just wait until it clears up and trade him for a lot more. 

Unless they don’t think it’ll clear up…

This is it. If it's really bad, they may feel today would offer the best package. Of course, the acquiring team would want a deal. It's why a trade is so hard to make.

Not sure if this was previously reported, but Kempski that McPhearson was a pick, like Miles Sanders, where the front office, scouts and coaching staff were all in agreement with selecting. 

Archived