EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

18 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Looking like a franchise QB

His follow up tweet is why I think so many like Hurts so much.  Can you imagine if he still had his dreads, people would be losing their minds over his what the kids these days call drip.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Whatever it is it’s annoying AF. 

That was a pretty big bombshell the NFL dropped. Its obviously going to be discussed. Nothing annoying about it. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

That was a pretty big bombshell the NFL dropped. Its obviously going to be discussed. Nothing annoying about it. 

Very relevant to football, and it’s impact on games.

Wait, no one told me Jalen Hurts wears a wristband and towel.

absolute game changer, QB1 for sure 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wait, no one told me Jalen Hurts wears a wristband and towel.

absolute game changer, QB1 for sure 

Don’t forget the elite pointing down the field while wearing all that 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t forget the elite pointing down the field while wearing all that 

His natural instincts of tucking it and run are at the end too 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

His natural instincts of tucking it and run are at the end too 

Also knew when to give up on the video at the end. So likely translates to living to play another down and not trying to do to much. 

I have a feeling a lot of folks will be eating crow about Hurts and this team come next season.  We shall see. :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I have a feeling a lot of folks will be eating crow about Hurts and this team come next season.  We shall see. :whistle:

All depends what the expectations are for him.  I’ve tried to be very consistent with mine:

62% completion 

2:1 TD/INT

15% run to pass attempt ratio

Fourth quarter play helps win games rather than cost games 

8 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Like the crow you thought people would eat when they brought back Djax?

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

All depends what the expectations are for him.  I’ve tried to be very consistent with mine:

62% completion 

2:1 TD/INT

15% run to pass attempt ratio

Fourth quarter play helps win games rather than cost games 

I'm thinking 3,500 passing yards 25 TDs and 13 ints. Similar to what Baker put up last year

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

His follow up tweet is why I think so many like Hurts so much.  Can you imagine if he still had his dreads, people would be losing their minds over his what the kids these days call drip.

I'm so out of touch and not hip. Can I get a definition?

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I'm thinking 3,500 passing yards 25 TDs and 13 ints. Similar to what Baker put up last year

Reasonable.  I’m trying to downplay yardage totals because if the Eagles are behind in most games as people think, then the passing yardage numbers can blow up without accomplishing anything.  There are lots of weeks in the NFL where the QBs who lead in passing yards are all from teams that lost games 

Been thinking of trade scenarios in my head.

One potential scenario that could play out, although pretty much everything would have to break a certain way for this to be possible.

Watson's legal issue reaches a conclusion, he gets a lengthy suspension, but not for more than a full season.

Miami and Indy both have mediocre seasons. Not terrible, but both pick in the teens.

Wentz plays the required snaps to give the Eagles a 1st rounder.

The Eagles suck badly in 2021. Pick in the top 5.

Watson being suspended drops his value enough to be able to just trade the Dolphins and Colts 1st round picks(plus whatever else needed) to get Watson. Then you trade down in the draft from your own pick, to a QB needy team that wants to move up in the draft, recouping some value lost in the trade for Watson. So, say Colts 1st, Dolphins 1st, 2023 2nd rounder + Hurts, for a suspended Watson. Then you turn around and flip your pick next offseason to a team wanting to move up for their 2022 1st 2022 3rd, plus a 2023 1st rounder.

Why am I thinking about elaborate scenarios like this way before anything has even reached the negotiating stages yet? Good question. Boredom and need to pass the time when taking a smash.

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Reasonable.  I’m trying to downplay yardage totals because if the Eagles are behind in most games as people think, then the passing yardage numbers can blow up without accomplishing anything.  There are lots of weeks in the NFL where the QBs who lead in passing yards are all from teams that lost games 

That's why I think he'll throw for 3,500. Could be a little more but I went with something reasonable. Not sure how much he'll use his legs so that kinda factored in as well

Eagles Twitter when they find out Hurts wears his hand warmer on his back 

image.gif.6bbaa4ad18c3982222bfdf8690fc994a.gif

3 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Players are getting fined?

I read it on the internet so it’s true 

35 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Been thinking of trade scenarios in my head.

One potential scenario that could play out, although pretty much everything would have to break a certain way for this to be possible.

Watson's legal issue reaches a conclusion, he gets a lengthy suspension, but not for more than a full season.

Miami and Indy both have mediocre seasons. Not terrible, but both pick in the teens.

Wentz plays the required snaps to give the Eagles a 1st rounder.

The Eagles suck badly in 2021. Pick in the top 5.

Watson being suspended drops his value enough to be able to just trade the Dolphins and Colts 1st round picks(plus whatever else needed) to get Watson. Then you trade down in the draft from your own pick, to a QB needy team that wants to move up in the draft, recouping some value lost in the trade for Watson. So, say Colts 1st, Dolphins 1st, 2023 2nd rounder + Hurts, for a suspended Watson. Then you turn around and flip your pick next offseason to a team wanting to move up for their 2022 1st 2022 3rd, plus a 2023 1st rounder.

Why am I thinking about elaborate scenarios like this way before anything has even reached the negotiating stages yet? Good question. Boredom and need to pass the time when taking a smash.

So they trade for Watson, he isn't suspended a full season yet the Eagles still end up with a top 5 pick.  Jeez, that's a good omen for things to come of Watson on a bad Eagles team.

Best case scenario is that Watson doesn't want to come to another dysfunctional franchise and uses his no trade clause to block any trade to the Eagles and instead forces his way to either the Broncos or Dolphins.  

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm probably going to regret this but what makes people think he's unvaccinated?

52 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Like the crow you thought people would eat when they brought back Djax?

His first game back with us was amazing, but then the injuries came. 

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm probably going to regret this but what makes people think he's unvaccinated?

According to @EazyEaglez, because he is a Christian that likes guns, and he "knows the player”, he is not.  There is a whole thread about it.

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic/3420-did-the-eagles-chances-of-getting-the-colts-first-take-a-hit/

46AC4E03-9750-4D28-B375-9D2E06D7A60A.jpeg

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What even is his question?  If a doens't play at least 75% of the snaps under any condition then that's it unless he plays 70% and they still make the playoffs.  COVID or not COVID.  That said he would have to miss 5 games with COVID for him to not hit that 75% threshhold.  Cam Newton got COVID last year and only missed one game for reference.  

Archived