EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm probably going to regret this but what makes people think he's unvaccinated?

Not that I think this. But it’s because he is wearing a mask. 99% of the people I know who are vaccinated don’t wear a mask anymore. It’s also required for non vaccinated players to wear one. It’s the reason, doesn’t make it true though.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went on the Colts message board and someone posted this. Apparently that's some Colts podcast

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What even is his question?  If a doens't play at least 75% of the snaps under any condition then that's it unless he plays 70% and they still make the playoffs.  COVID or not COVID.  That said he would have to miss 5 games with COVID for him to not hit that 75% threshhold.  Cam Newton got COVID last year and only missed one game for reference.  

The question is if there is a clause in the trade to account for COVID. Media gets the general parameters of the trade but they don’t see everything. Just like how no one knew or reported there was a clause in the Goodwin trade that the trade would revert if he opted out. No one knew anything about it until a year later when they got a 7th round pick from the 49ers.

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Went on the Colts message board and someone posted this. Apparently that's some Colts podcast

Was just coming to post the same tweet.

Here you go @EazyEaglez.  Apparently you don’t know him like you thought.

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm probably going to regret this but what makes people think he's unvaccinated?

The mask. Wentz said he hates wearing masks so people are kind of assuming he’s not. But his wife is pregnant with her second kid so he might just be wearing one for that reason.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But his wife is pregnant with her second kid so he might just be wearing one for that reason.

I dunno man.  Apparently Christian conservatives who like guns don’t get vaccinated.

8BF53B5E-F27E-4D32-B1B0-1227FD31135F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The mask. Wentz said he hates wearing masks so people are kind of assuming he’s not. But his wife is pregnant with her second kid so he might just be wearing one for that reason.

I was coming to post that as well and he might’ve been more inclined to get vaccinated because of that reason

33 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Presuppositions and their own imagination.

Wentz just wearing a mask because he cares a lot about his public image while he is a complete dope behind scenes.  

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I dunno man.  Apparently Christian conservatives who like guns don’t get vaccinated.

8BF53B5E-F27E-4D32-B1B0-1227FD31135F.jpeg

As I told Easy... I am both... and I am vaccinated.  Got vaccinated on the 2nd day that I could... Because I preferred getting the vax on Friday than Thursday, because of side effects from the vaccine.  And I am glad I did.  It put me on my butt for 2 days.   Went back to work on Monday, 0 days of work missed.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

As I told Easy... I am both... and I am vaccinated.  Got vaccinated on the 2nd day that I could... Because I preferred getting the vax on Friday than Thursday, because of side effects from the vaccine.  And I am glad I did.  It put me on my butt for 2 days.   Went back to work on Monday, 0 days of work missed.  

Really hit or miss. My wife was on her ass for about 36 hours. I worked the next day with no issue. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wentz just wearing a mask because he cares a lot about his public image while he is a complete dope behind scenes.  

It takes a dog to know a dog.  Yes, I'm saying you and Wentz share the same dog bed

20 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

LOL

🤣🤣🤣

Almost spit out my mixed drink.

Almost.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Really hit or miss. My wife was on her ass for about 36 hours. I worked the next day with no issue. 

Yup.  My parents got the Moderna - no effect from either shot.  I got the J&J and it kicked my butt.   I had heard from different people about the effects, so since I had a choice between Thursday and Friday.  I chose Friday for precautionary reasons and it worked out well, because I had trouble.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yup.  My parents got the Moderna - no effect from either shot.  I got the J&J and it kicked my butt.   I had heard from different people about the effects, so since I had a choice between Thursday and Friday.  I chose Friday for precautionary reasons and it worked out well, because I had trouble.

I assume NFL players are like us that ask a bunch of friends and strangers about the side effects and choose one of the 3 lol

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I assume NFL players are like us that ask a bunch of friends and strangers about the side effects and choose one of the 3 lol

Oh, I didn't get a chance to choose a vaccine, just the day.  I was locked in to J&J due to my profession.  

• Week 1: 9/12 at Falcons, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 2: 9/19 vs. 49ers, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 3: 9/27 at Cowboys, 8:15 PM WIN
  • Week 4: 10/3 vs. Chiefs LOSS
  • Week 5: 10/10 at Panthers, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 6: 10/14 vs. Buccaneers, 8:20 PM LOSS
  • Week 7: 10/24 at Raiders, 4:05 PM LOSS
  • Week 8: 10/31 at Lions, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 9: 11/7 vs. Chargers, 4:05 PM LOSS
  • Week 10: 11/14 at Broncos, 4:25 PM LOSS
  • Week 11: 11/21 vs. Saints, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 12: 11/28 at Giants, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 13: 12/5 at Jets, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 14: BYE
  • Week 15: 12/19 vs. Washington Football Team LOSS
  • Week 16: 12/26 vs. Giants, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 17: 1/2 at Washington Football Team, 1 PM WIN
  • Week 18: 1/9 vs. Cowboys, 1 PM WIN

11-6

4 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle Anyway we can get a mod to weed out the NFL Vaccine topic and those who are debating between getting /not getting the Vac? Even move the Vac talk some other forum?Thanks

I haven't really been able to follow much for a few months, but @Moderator12 or @Moderator6  would be best suited to address that issue. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

According to @EazyEaglez, because he is a Christian that likes guns, and he "knows the player”, he is not.  There is a whole thread about it.

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic/3420-did-the-eagles-chances-of-getting-the-colts-first-take-a-hit/

46AC4E03-9750-4D28-B375-9D2E06D7A60A.jpeg

I’ll have to go back through that thread and figure out which post is actually Kempski 

I have to say…I cannot remember a time when all four Philly sports teams were so collectively unappealing.  There have been times when they have been worse, but I’m talking uninteresting and directionless.  

Sixers are by far the best team, also the most depressing and frustrating.  Eagles are the worst team…maybe the most compelling…but that’s a low bar and some of that is just intrinsic to the parity of the nfl.

Phillies are officially in mediocre purgatory.  And the Flyers…nothing to say there.  

26 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have to say…I cannot remember a time when all four Philly sports teams were so collectively unappealing.  There have been times when they have been worse, but I’m talking uninteresting and directionless.  

Sixers are by far the best team, also the most depressing and frustrating.  Eagles are the worst team…maybe the most compelling…but that’s a low bar and some of that is just intrinsic to the parity of the nfl.

Phillies are officially in mediocre purgatory.  And the Flyers…nothing to say there.  

Probably 2012 - 2013. All 4 were winning percentages of around .400 or lower and seemed pretty hopeless/end of an era feeling for some

I'm actually kind of excited about the team this year. I don't have high expectations at all, but they really needed some change after the last two years. DeVonta Smith helps.

Archived