EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He annoys the crap out of me, but that's impressive.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Super Bowl...

will be played this year in Inglewood, CA.  First time ever.   Congrats to those that put that crazy stadium together.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He annoys the crap out of me, but that's impressive.

Yeah Tom Brady is a D but the dude can spin it 

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yeah Tom Brady is a D but the dude can spin it 

That video is fake. 

41 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Wonder what the numbers are, seems Howie is going to have to do more than cut Willie Henry to get everyone signed.

You already know there’s 4 or 5 dead years on the deal 

35 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I wonder how this works with the Eagles cap situation to pay Nelson $4M+ when we still need to sign Dickerson.  Further reason to not by Howard's report that Ertz will play this season on the Eagles.  

To sign Dickerson and include player 52 and 53 would have the Eagles over the cap.  Now they are 4.5 million over.

Just now, downundermike said:

To sign Dickerson and include player 52 and 53 would have the Eagles over the cap.  Now they are 4.5 million over.

You know it’s a four year deal with three of them voidable. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Apparently not.  This contract was another Howie special of voidable years so this signing will be effecting the cap long after Nelson is gone. 

22 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It depends on how you sold the job to the HC and his assistants. It’s not a middle finger if you tell the guy upfront that 2021 is a rebuilding year and that we’re going to take our salary cap medicine this year in hopes kickstarting the roster next year. 

Fair point. But to still remain competitive on a bunch of 1 year deals during a rebuilding year without giving up any future draft assets and hurting cap in long term seems like a sound strategy going into this season. 

"like having a soda you enjoy but it’s warm” lmao that’s hilarious

50 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Unless another team is running away with the division instead of every one in the division tripping over themselves like they usually do then I don't think Howie has it in him to be a seller at the trade deadline instead of using one of those 1st round picks to try and be a buyer at the trade deadline for some player on the final year of their contract.  

Howie tanked a game in prime time. If we start 1-6, he'll sell.

17 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

You know it’s a four year deal with three of them voidable. 

Still 2 million over the cap week 1

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

Howie tanked a game in prime time. If we start 1-6, he'll sell.

Then proceeded to not sell at all during the offseason.  If the rest of the division is 2-5 and also miserable he won't be selling.  

Just now, UK Eagle said:

Whose contract will get the biz next to get the team cap compliant by week 1?

Ertz is gone or a Barnett extension to lower his cap number.

Just now, downundermike said:

I'd assume the former is more likely, but as he is still here, no guarantees...  Does a Barnett extension allow an element of cap relief in it for this year?

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Imagine Ertz is more likely one here

I think Maddox could be a surprise trade or cut. Depending how the coaching staff feels about a midget corner, he has minimal dead money and saves $2M in space they could use, especially if they don’t like him and don’t plan on re-signing him. 

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Then proceeded to not sell at all during the offseason.  If the rest of the division is 2-5 and also miserable he won't be selling.  

Howie is keeping his options open. I'd prefer he'd commit to the rebuild, but he'll pivot if it makes sense.

8 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Whose contract will get the biz next to get the team cap compliant by week 1?

Lane Johnson is a possible restructure. He was open to it a few months ago before Howie changed his mind and felt they didn’t need to anymore.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think Maddox could be a surprise trade or cut. Depending how the coaching staff feels about a midget corner, he has minimal dead money and saves $2M in space they could use, especially if they don’t like him and don’t plan on re-signing him. 

Didn’t think about that possibility but I think you’re onto something there

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Lane Johnson is a possible restructure. He was open to it a few months ago before Howie changed his mind and felt they didn’t need to anymore.

I guess it will depend on his health which looks to be in a good place at the moment  - not intentionally jinxing him.

I’m sure they will sell if they start off poorly, which they very well could. Not a lot of teams they’re better than to start the season. Could get more ammo to trade for Watson and clear some cap room to add players around him if they get him.

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I could see that, I think Maddox best spot is at FS he wasn't much better at nickel than he was on the outside.

At FS he's nothing special but he didn't seem to be a liability like he was at outside or in the slot.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think we win, week 1.  

That’s one game I feel confident in Eagles win. After that, not so much 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think we win, week 1.  

Possible. Really hard to gauge how good or bad the Eagles will be until there’s some grasp on what kind of coach Sirianni is. I don’t think anyone has the slightest clue what he’s going to be. Much less of a clue than any other hire in recent Eagles memory.

Also Hurts had some stretches where he looked pretty impressive last season and then some where he looked awful.

I think Arthur Smith has a chance to be a really good coach though. It’s possible the Eagles may not be favored until the Lions game.

Im not sure it’s the worst thing in the world for the Eagles to suck, I actually think it could be beneficial as long as several key young players perform well and they lose very close games.

Archived