EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Interesting note about Kenny Gainwell.  I think we need to have low expectations for him this year.  He only played one year of college football and now hasn't played in 2 years due to sitting out last year.  

I thought hands down he would be RB2 but now I'm not so sure after seeing that note about him this morning.  On one hand it's great, super low mileage and not a lot of wear and tear.  On the other hand, the last time he was on the field he was a 19 year old kid. 

The RB room could potentially be stacked but it could also be very disappointing. 

I suspect he will have a slow start to the year. His ideal role is the Hines role, which means pass blocking, flexing outside, playing the slot, etc. That’s a lot to ask for a rookie. Couple that with Kerryon Johnson being a good pass blocker, it’ll be tough to pass him initially.  

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m really surprised he’s not on the Commissioners Exempt list. I assume that’s still a thing. 

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

I’m really surprised he’s not on the Commissioners Exempt list. I assume that’s still a thing. 

Cause he didn’t do anything. Ho’s be lyin

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Interesting note about Kenny Gainwell.  I think we need to have low expectations for him this year.  He only played one year of college football and now hasn't played in 2 years due to sitting out last year.  

I thought hands down he would be RB2 but now I'm not so sure after seeing that note about him this morning.  On one hand it's great, super low mileage and not a lot of wear and tear.  On the other hand, the last time he was on the field he was a 19 year old kid. 

The RB room could potentially be stacked but it could also be very disappointing. 

What did the note say???

47 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Came straight from alshon 

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Yeah, I love the skill but hate the body type. Getting a suspicion he's gonna get obliterated often in the NFL.

58 minutes ago, Utebird said:

What did the note say???

I think he was saying someone noted he played 1 year of college football and has t played in two years.

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

This is getting crazy. At this point, the NFL should just mandate it.  No matter what, it will get sued regardless. So, if teams are going to do this based on the NFL's pressure, then just mandate it and stop these manipulative pressure tactics.  Either mandate it or educate, but resorting to the scarlet letter tactic is dumb.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

This is getting crazy. At this point, the NFL should just mandate it.  No matter what, it will get sued regardless. So, if teams are going to do this based on the NFL's pressure, then just mandate it and stop these manipulative pressure tactics.  Either mandate it or educate, but resorting to the scarlet letter tactic is dumb.

Players work for the teams, not the NFL

Just now, downundermike said:

Players work for the teams, not the NFL

Yeah, but the NFL creates policy.  If a team does something that the NFL doesn't agree with it, the NFL controls it or the NFL sues the team.

Private business , they can do as they wish ,  suing them would be a waste of time .

He’s had 6, 8 and 2 sacks over his first three years. Last year those two sacks came in 13 starts. He also had 11 QB hits. 

For comparison’s sake, Barnett is coming off a year where he played 13 games and had 5.5 sacks and 16 QB hits. 

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He’s had 6, 8 and 2 sacks over his first three years. Last year those two sacks came in 13 starts. He also had 11 QB hits. 

If he played for the Eagles, we’d talk about how he was a complete DE who did much more than sack the qb.

Damn, Rob Maaddi's last show on 97.5 right now.  Best host on either station.  Huge but to Philly media for him to move to Florida. 

Hubbard has played 44 games totaling 2,025 snaps the past three years. He has 16.5 sacks, 33 QB hits and 22 TFLs. 

Barnett has played 33 games totaling 1,464 snaps the past three years. He has 14.5 sacks, 49 QB hits and 21 TFLs. 

Barnett has been far more productive pass rusher on a per-snap basis. 

16 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

So Barnett is going to make $15M APY easily 

11 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

If he played for the Eagles, we’d talk about how he was a complete DE who did much more than sack the qb.

Maybe so. 

Archived