Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

2 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

I think they're tied to him for 2 seasons due to his big contract. 

I know he has guaranteed money tied to his contract, but is there dead money involved, because that kind of different. I don’t know I’m asking. I mean they might be due to pay him say 27mil guaranteed next year, but if he’s cut does that count against the cap? I thought the Eagles have already eaten his dead cap is why I’m asking. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I only want Wentz to play well enough for them to keep playing, but lose.

If they lose, they will bench him to keep the first.  They need to have a winning record for the 1st to happen.

Just now, downundermike said:

If they lose, they will bench him to keep the first.  They need to have a winning record for the 1st to happen.

They’re not going to bench him if they’re in the playoff picture. If they’re not and he stinks or even if he’s playing well there’s a possibility they do, but I don’t see any chance they would risk that. I mean they would have to be so far out of the playoff for that to happen and frankly few teams are that far out. We are talking about him needed to miss 3-4 games. Do you really think the Colts will be that far out of the division or a wild card by week 13 or 14 cause I don’t. The issue that could complicate that is if Wentz loses time due to Covid or injury. Frankly both are possibilities. 

If he keeps diving head 1st like he did 10,000 times yesterday and not slide feet 1st, he won't make it to the 3rd or 4th quarter of the season. Dude never learns and always plays...

"HERO BAAAAALLLLL!!!!!"

giphy-2.gif

7 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

If he keeps diving head 1st like he did 10,000 times yesterday and not slide feet 1st, he won't make it to the 3rd or 4th quarter of the season. Dude never learns and always plays...

"HERO BAAAAALLLLL!!!!!"

giphy-2.gif

We know that’s not changing. He’s 29, in his 6th season, and has had numerous injuries. One kept him from going to the super bowl. Last year he told us over and over again he’s not changing. He is what he is. All we can do is hope he lasts long enough to get us that first, but I know the odds aren’t likely with him getting hit as much as he does and with his reckless play.

I'll tell you what, I'm enjoying the fresh air of the team not having the drama that seems to follow him around.

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

"HERO BAAAAALLLLL!!!!!"

giphy-2.gif

8 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Lots of blocked video's- good job there.

200w.gif

I was going to tell him to post the Aikman play when he tried to play hero ball and his career was ended after Lavar Arrington leveled him, but I didn’t want to see six more black screens. 😂

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I was going to tell him to post the Aikman play when he tried to play hero ball and his career was ended after Lavar Arrington leveled him, but I didn’t want to see six more black screens. 😂

Youtube isnt allowing a lot of videos to be embedded anymore. 

Seeing that you would think you would stop posting them tho lol

4 hours ago, Procus said:

I'll tell you what, I'm enjoying the fresh air of the team not having the drama that seems to follow him around.

Carson is a cancer. 

So glad to be rid of him. 

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Lots of blocked video's- good job there.

200w.gif

Yep --- it's pretty hard to click on the link where it says "watch on Youtube."

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Youtube isnt allowing a lot of videos to be embedded anymore. 

Seeing that you would think you would stop posting them tho lol

The videos still work. You only have to move your mouse and click.

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The videos still work. You only have to move your mouse and click.

Don't tell me I know what to do. The other 2 are saying they don't work 

45 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Don't tell me I know what to do. The other 2 are saying they don't work 

Actually I said I didn’t want to see six more black screens. Either way my man is trying to crash the website with all those uplinks. 😂🤣😂

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Yep --- it's pretty hard to click on the link where it says "watch on Youtube."

You did all that just to be "right." Screw that kind of mentality. You should know better and should know they are getting blocked. You just HAVE to prove yourself right. I would rather be wrong than act like you do. Freakin head case. 🤣

12 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Colts are in serious danger of starting 0-2 since they play the Rams next week. 

I just looked at the Colts schedule. It looks possible that they'll be a below .500 team this year. It depends in part on how the Titans' season goes, Titans didn't start out great.

6 hours ago, Talonblood said:

You did all that just to be "right." Screw that kind of mentality. You should know better and should know they are getting blocked. You just HAVE to prove yourself right. I would rather be wrong than act like you do. Freakin head case. 🤣

1) almost every youtube video containing NFL footage will have been flagged and will require watching it on youtube

2) I tried to find a "how to click a link - for dummies" tutorial video for you, but I guess nobody thought such a thing would ever be necessary. 

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know he has guaranteed money tied to his contract, but is there dead money involved, because that kind of different. I don’t know I’m asking. I mean they might be due to pay him say 27mil guaranteed next year, but if he’s cut does that count against the cap? I thought the Eagles have already eaten his dead cap is why I’m asking. 

Astonishingly if the Colt's cut him now they'd eat $35mill in dead cap as well, but if they cut bait next year it'll only cost them $15million and clear $13.3mill of cap room. 

All around the Wentz deal is actually not a bad deal for the Colts if they didn't see anybody they liked at QB lower down the draft this year, if Wentz works out they know how much he costs and the cap is about to shoot up in '23, if he doesn't work out cutting him loose isn't going to be ruinous after this year, assuming the season doesn't get so bad that Reich is suddenly on a hot seat.

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

1) almost every youtube video containing NFL footage will have been flagged and will require watching it on youtube

2) I tried to find a "how to click a link - for dummies" tutorial video for you, but I guess nobody thought such a thing would ever be necessary. 

I see you did find "An Idiots Guide To Posting Blank YouTube Video's On Internet Forums", though.

17 hours ago, Procus said:

Exactly. Sometimes you don't know how stale the air is in a room until someone opens a window. The energy, creativity, and focus on Sunday was a refreshing change from the plodding of last season which sadly, I had become acclimated and accustomed to.  

I think the thing is... People can dismiss the reports about Carson not being a good team mate but those reports kept coming. Hell I was one of those who at first was very dismissive of those reports. But there does come a time when you have to say perhaps there was some truth. 

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Astonishingly if the Colt's cut him now they'd eat $35mill in dead cap as well, but if they cut bait next year it'll only cost them $15million and clear $13.3mill of cap room. 

All around the Wentz deal is actually not a bad deal for the Colts if they didn't see anybody they liked at QB lower down the draft this year, if Wentz works out they know how much he costs and the cap is about to shoot up in '23, if he doesn't work out cutting him loose isn't going to be ruinous after this year, assuming the season doesn't get so bad that Reich is suddenly on a hot seat.

Wentz played well considering all the talk about his injuries. But the rest of Colts team did not look so great. I am not sure how this will end for the Colts, but if the team does not pick up, both Wentz and Reich could be on the hot seat.

Archived