Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

40 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Wentz played well considering all the talk about his injuries. But the rest of Colts team did not look so great. I am not sure how this will end for the Colts, but if the team does not pick up, both Wentz and Reich could be on the hot seat.

The times I switched to it during commercials, their offensive line was horrendous.  It may have been worse than anything the Eagles put on display last year.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think Carson regrets asking for a trade?

Eagles have a better O-line and better skill position players than the Colts.

Both division ****s.

I guess the upside is the comfort level with Reich.

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Both division ****s.

He did us a favor by walking away. Seems like everywhere he goes injuries, excuses, and drama follows. Somehow he walks out smelling like roses to some. It’s in the Eagles best interest that he’s not here anymore. 

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Both division ****s.

He's just not an east coast kind of guy. Indy is probably better for him culturally. When he has freedom to move, I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to get to Minnesota, Green Bay, or Denver. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

It’s only been one game, but so far in the 2021 season Hurts is the better QB. 

Wentz did face a much better team.. 

With that said. Hurts look more comfortable as a rookie than Wentz did as a vet.

5 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

With that said. Hurts look more comfortable as a rookie than Wentz did as a vet.

The Seahawks are like his kryptonite too. I don’t think he’s ever beaten that team.  

So....I didn't see any other QB in the box score.

We are at 6% of the snaps this season.  (I'm rounding up from 5.88%)

42 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Seahawks are like his kryptonite too. I don’t think he’s ever beaten that team.  

Philly is also in a rut vs Seahawks

2 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Philly is also in a rut vs Seahawks

It’s been a long time since we got a good win against them.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s been a long time since we got a good win against them.

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Played them five times and our highest score was 17.

20 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Yeah it’s not fun for the Eagles to play that team. It’s not fun for Wentz either. 

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Feels like we almost always play them on the road though..

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Feels like we almost always play them on the road though..

Well we played them twice at the Linc in the 2019 - 20 season and put up a combined total of 18 points, the first game was arguably Wentz worst game of the season (toss up between that and New England) in a windy stadium, the second game was the play off game and he was one for four when he got his bell rung and left the game.

Ballard would get fired if he surrenders the Colts 1st pick to the Eagles and would never get another JOB as a GM EVER..

14 hours ago, wyote said:

He's just not an east coast kind of guy. Indy is probably better for him culturally. When he has freedom to move, I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to get to Minnesota, Green Bay, or Denver. 

I think this enters into it, how much I'm not sure.  Look at the property he bought and was/is for sale, not exactly typical for a "Philly Guy".

One huge unmentioned factor re the Colts pick is the effect on the organization of the losses of Siranni and Gannon.  The Eagles felt a pinch mightily when Reich left for Indy and when Flip left the same off season.  I would have to believe that this, combined with a new QB who missed most of TC will have to hurt the team in a big way.

40 minutes ago, Procus said:

One huge unmentioned factor re the Colts pick is the effect on the organization of the losses of Siranni and Gannon.  The Eagles felt a pinch mightily when Reich left for Indy and when Flip left the same off season.  I would have to believe that this, combined with a new QB who missed most of TC will have to hurt the team in a big way.

I think this is over analysis.  They played their 3rd string LT, Julie'n Davenport, who got whipped like a government mule, and their RT Braden Smith played hurt.  Their best offensive lineman Quentin Nelson is coming off an injury and had two practices to get ready for week 1.  Once the Colts get their line in order and get the running game going, should be fine.

I did check out the Colts board on Monday, the #1 complaint was Reich's play calling.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

I stated at the time when it happened, Reich was our biggest loss and we would regret losing him. 

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

I think this enters into it, how much I'm not sure.  Look at the property he bought and was/is for sale, not exactly typical for a "Philly Guy".

Definitely.  He's a straight up country bumpkin and obviously can't handle the bright lights and the big city.

A backwater like Indianapolis is a much better fit for him.

16 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

yeah if you completely overlook the first 3 seasons of Wentz. Yeah ok sure. 

I kinda remember Wentz playing like an MVP, so far Hurts is capt checkdown, not saying he cant throw downfield, we just haven't seen it yet. 

5 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I kinda remember Wentz playing like an MVP, so far Hurts is capt checkdown, not saying he cant throw downfield, we just haven't seen it yet. 

I'm 100% on the Hurts bandwagon now, but can't agree with neither of you. 

Wentz at times in his career looked like a superstar. He did play well for the colts too.

Hurts, especially in his first game against the saints and now against the Falcons played like a champ.

8 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Nick had a smart plan to not rush his young QB in a new scheme into throwing downfield for no reason, especially when they were winning.  They ultimately won 32-6!  And he did have some longer throws, his longest was 28 yards.  If short methodical passes leads to 30+ points I'll take that every week.  Some of the great QBs in the league have made a career out of that.  I'm sure there will be some deeper passes as they progress.  They barely had a preseason and I expected a lot of rust and they actually executed on offense really well and got into a rhythm. 

Archived