Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

If you look at your post 39 minutes ago, it was the first post in this thread since yesterday.  We are talking about the Eagles win, you chose to bring up Wentz.

203806B9-52C5-4BD1-A72A-9997512103B1.jpeg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If you look at your post 39 minutes ago, it was the first post in this thread since yesterday.  We are talking about the Eagles win, you chose to bring up Wentz.

203806B9-52C5-4BD1-A72A-9997512103B1.jpeg

I’ve been all over the place. Talking about the Eagles win, but I see you would rather defend Wentz. The running thing is I didn’t even trash him here, but you’re Wentz sensitivity in on over drive one. Two I’m not even the only person around here who discussed Wentz. DEFEND HURTS. He’s our quarterback. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve been all over the place. Talking about the Eagles win, but I see you would rather defend Wentz. The running thing is I didn’t even trash him here, but you’re Wentz sensitivity in on over drive one. Two I’m not even the only person around here who discussed Wentz. DEFEND HURTS. He’s our quarterback. 

Not one of my posts was defending Wentz.

Just now, downundermike said:

Not one of my posts was defending Wentz.

Then why do you care what I post? I’m pretty sure if wrote something critical about Hurts you wouldn’t have written anything. Heck I’ve been critical about things the Eagles did today and not a peep from you. Soon as you see something about Wentz, you suddenly are all defensive. I’ve noticed you have no desire to defend Hurts though. I see right through you. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then why do you care what I post? I’m pretty sure if wrote something critical about Hurts you wouldn’t have written anything. Heck I’ve been critical about things the Eagles did today and not a peep from you. Soon as you see something about Wentz, you suddenly are all defensive. I’ve noticed you have no desire to defend Hurts though. I see right through you. 

I’m not defensive, just pointed out the Eagles won, Colts lost and Wentz played 100% of the snaps.  That is 3 wins for the Eagles today, yet Wentz is still living rent free in your head.  

Go to the blog or GDT thread and celebrate the Eagle win, you are looking pathetic.

I ate my crow on Hurts lol. He did what I wanted to see him do. Make plays from the Pocket. It's a great game to build off of. 

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I’m not defensive, just pointed out the Eagles won, Colts lost and Wentz played 100% of the snaps.  That is 3 wins for the Eagles today, yet Wentz is still living rent free in your head.  

Go to the blog or GDT thread and celebrate the Eagle win, you are looking pathetic.

You don’t need to point out any of those things. I know all of them. Just like I know you are way more likely to defend Wentz than Hurts. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You don’t need to point out any of those things. I know all of them. Just like I know you are way more likely to defend Wentz than Hurts. 

Have not once defended him today, you brought him up.  Move on, everyone else has.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Have not once defended him today, you brought him up.  Move on, everyone else has.

Yeah I’m pretty sure if Hurts had a bad game and Wentz had a great one all of you apologists would go on and on and on about it, but I’ll be sure to write you if that happens to let it go. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure if Hurts had a bad game and Wentz had a great one all of you apologists would go on and on and on about it, but I’ll be sure to write you if that happens to let it go. 

You started this bringing it up. I am over Wentz, he plays for another team.  Eagles have hope. Enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You started this bringing it up. I am over Wentz, he plays for another team.  Eagles have hope. Enjoy it.

You’re not over Wentz. You think he’s gonna be MVP. 😂

While Wentz was here, he was one of my favorite players. He wasn't perfect and still had growing and maturing to do. He had some bad luck with injuries and I was hoping he'd get a chance to win a Championship game with us (as a starter). He had a really bad year last year. He made mistakes that hurt the team and nobody else on offense was really doing anything to bail him out which led to frustrating losses. I would not have benched him last year, simply because there were so many other guys on the team underperforming. I made my thoughts known here:

and here:

Now, while I was against "benching" him, it still happened. But what is supposed to happen after a benching is a chance to redeem oneself. Last year, Wentz wasn't benched, he was replaced. In the end, the team didn't fare any better without him. So the team had a huge makeover in the offseason. Now Hurts is my QB. It looks like he will soon by one of my favorite players. Wentz is no longer here and won't be returning anytime soon. I'm not going to dwell on what I can't change, nor am I going to rip into the person's character just to rationalize what happened in 2020. I'm not sure why fans want to sit and bicker about which guy is better. It no longer matters since only one guy is still here. 

The guy that is here, so far, has done everything you could ask him to do. 

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I never said that, somebody said that in a reply to my post which had nothing to do with him being MVP. Maybe you should actually read the conversations before you spout off nonsense.

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wrong Mike bruh 

23 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That Oline was trash. I'm sure people are reveling in that loss because they just don't like him

I’m happy in that loss, because the more losses they get, the better first the Eagles get. What’s more important to you Wentz getting that MVP so you can gloat or the Eagles getting a higher first? 

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I never said that, somebody said that in a reply to my post which had nothing to do with him being MVP. Maybe you should actually read the conversations before you spout off nonsense.

So you’re telling me if someone posted Hurts will have an MVP season you’re just going to ignore it and write nothing about it, because you disagree? 😂🤣😂 Please go somewhere else with that nonsense. 

I’m happy in that loss, because the more losses they get, the better first the Eagles get. What’s more important to you Wentz getting that MVP so you can gloat or the Eagles getting a higher first? 

The Eagles winning games right now.

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The Eagles winning games right now.

Yeah and I’m rooting for the Colts and Dolphins to lose as well. In case you didn’t know those teams losing are in the best interest of the Eagles ESPECIALLY if the Eagles continue to win games. Meanwhile the guy you’re defending wants Wentz to win an MVP so he can gloat. I’m the bad guy though. 😂

30 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah and I’m rooting for the Colts and Dolphins to lose as well. In case you didn’t know those teams losing are in the best interest of the Eagles ESPECIALLY if the Eagles continue to win games. Meanwhile the guy you’re defending wants Wentz to win an MVP so he can gloat. I’m the bad guy though. 😂

Yes and No, Colts keep losing there going to bench Wentz aka not reach 75% of the snaps and there 1 to us becomes a 2. So there's a line there to them losing. We almost need them to go around .500 and play Wentz all season. I'd like a mid round 1st rather than a top 5 in the 2nd.

Now Miami on the other hand, i want them to lose out.

We want 2 things out of Wentz. 

1. Meet condition for the 1st.

2. Lose games so the 1st (or 2nd) is higher.

Both happened today, and Hurts led the Eagles to a win.

Cowboys, Giants & WTF lost. Be happy. 

Just now, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Yes and No, Colts keep losing there going to bench Wentz aka not reach 75% of the snaps and there 1 to us becomes a 2. So there's a line there to them losing. We almost need them to go around .500 and play Wentz all season. I'd like a mid round 1st rather than a top 5 in the 2nd.

If they get some of those losses early it could hurt, but as long as they’re still in it they will keep playing Wentz. Maybe that division isn’t going to be as good this year. Right now the Texans look the best and we know they stink. As long as the Colts have a chance for the playoffs Wentz will play. I’m less concerned about Wentz being benched than I am that Covid or injuries will sideline him especially if he’s getting blasted 15 times a game. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

If they get some of those losses early it could hurt, but as long as they’re still in it they will keep playing Wentz. Maybe that division isn’t going to be as good this year. Right now the Texans look the best and we know they stink. As long as the Colts have a chance for the playoffs Wentz will play. I’m less concerned about Wentz being benched than I am that Covid or injuries will sideline him especially if he’s getting blasted 15 times a game. 

Good point, i didn't even consider his injury history.

Archived