Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

3 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Lets hope that is the case. I just don't see Colts surrendering a 1st round pick....

The Colts aren’t risking benching their "franchise quarterback” just for the sake of a first. They know Carson is not mentally tough enough for that. If they’re benching Carson to preserve that pick it means they’re benching Carson, because they don’t believe he’s the guy. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Colts aren’t risking benching their "franchise quarterback” just for the sake of a first. They know Carson is not mentally tough enough for that. If they’re benching Carson to preserve that pick it means they’re benching Carson, because they don’t believe he’s the guy. 

That's my thoughts too. I just don't see how it plays out well unless they already had the conversation with him and he bought in to the idea under certain circumstances. Which by the way I very much doubt. 

57 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's my thoughts too. I just don't see how it plays out well unless they already had the conversation with him and he bought in to the idea under certain circumstances. Which by the way I very much doubt. 

No true competitive player would be down to be benched. Besides we don’t even know what type of incentives are written in Carson’s contract. It’s possible him not playing in those games could cost him money too. It’s in Carson and the Colts best interest to keep playing Carson (as long as he’s playing well enough) regardless of the record of the Colts unless they’re holding him out of the last game or two, because they have wrapped up home field for the playoffs which is highly unlikely. 

On 9/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, SwingOnThis said:

QBs like Wentz that hold the ball forever always make offensive lines look bad. It's difficult to evaluate an O-line when they're expected to hold their blocks for 4-5 seconds. I'll bet if Indy winds up playing their backup, all of a sudden the o-line will look a lot better.

Bottom line, F Wentz.

I do find it funny how the narrative has flipped though. First the Eagles have not talent, and all of Carson supporters didn’t blame him for wanting out cause the Eagles have "no talent.” Now all of a sudden the Colts are the talentless team, but the Eagles suddenly filled with it. Yeah I’m sure the play of Wentz has nothing to do with it. :whistle:

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No true competitive player would be down to be benched. Besides we don’t even know what type of incentives are written in Carson’s contract. It’s possible him not playing in those games could cost him money too. It’s in Carson and the Colts best interest to keep playing Carson (as long as he’s playing well enough) regardless of the record of the Colts unless they’re holding him out of the last game or two, because they have wrapped up home field for the playoffs which is highly unlikely. 

And the thing is... They were willing to give up a first to get him so they may as well just accept that and move on. Long term it would probably be better if they just kept Wentz in the game. Unless of course he's as bad as he was last year. 

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And the thing is... They were willing to give up a first to get him so they may as well just accept that and move on. Long term it would probably be better if they just kept Wentz in the game. Unless of course he's as bad as he was last year. 

That’s really the only way I see he gets benched. 

5 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Son of an a hole

He is supposedly still in the game and it's tied. 

Eason coming in for Wentz.

Probably to for too many plays.  It's late in the game.  But still.

14 minutes ago, Prime said:

Make yourself useful for a change you f'n n00b. Keep track of the percentages.

Post them after every single game and keep us posted in a separate thread. 

Clown.

I think you better get out of retail man. It's making you angry lol. 

Everyone on these boards is so focused on the Colts pick.  The pick from Miami looks to have the potential to be highly slotted with the injury to Tua, and there are no conditions attached.

21 minutes ago, Procus said:

Everyone on these boards is so focused on the Colts pick.  The pick from Miami looks to have the potential to be highly slotted with the injury to Tua, and there are no conditions attached.

I think it's because of the conditions people are focusing on it. The Miami pick should be top 10. the Eagles' own pick could be top 5-10 and if the Wentz conditions are met, it'll probably be 3 really good picks. Even if the Colts pick is a 2nd rounder, that's not so bad.

31 minutes ago, Procus said:

I think that's natural though because that pick saw our QB go the other way. So for a start there's more interest in how he does and how that trade works out. If he's good and the Eagles get a first did the Eagles still win that trade overall? Probably not if he's a contender with the Colts. The Miami pick is what it is. It's straight forwards and it'll be wherever it'll be.

35 minutes ago, Procus said:

Am focused on that too. Was pissed they pulled it out last week.

12 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I think it's because of the conditions people are focusing on it. The Miami pick should be top 10. the Eagles' own pick could be top 5-10 and if the Wentz conditions are met, it'll probably be 3 really good picks. Even if the Colts pick is a 2nd rounder, that's not so bad.

Either way the Colts pick could be used in ammo to trade up.

It was always a 2nd...with condition...for a reason. 

57 minutes ago, Procus said:

Oh no bud I’m all in on that pick. We need them to keep losing too. Unfortunately if Tua is down for a long period of time that could mean the Dolphins might expedite their move to try and get Watson. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Oh no bud I’m all in on that pick. We need them to keep losing too. Unfortunately if Tua is down for a long period of time that could mean the Dolphins might expedite their move to try and get Watson. 

But with no first next year that's a tricky move to have to make...

Archived