Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

We want 2 things out of Wentz. 

1. Meet condition for the 1st.

2. Lose games so the 1st (or 2nd) is higher.

Both happened today, and Hurts led the Eagles to a win.

Cowboys, Giants & WTF lost. Be happy. 

We also want Miami to lose. That didn’t happen today, but they’re definitely a venerable team too. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Good point, i didn't even consider his injury history.

He had over 40 drop backs today. They can’t keep making him do that. 

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

We want 2 things out of Wentz. 

1. Meet condition for the 1st.

2. Lose games so the 1st (or 2nd) is higher.

Both happened today, and Hurts led the Eagles to a win.

Cowboys, Giants & WTF lost. Be happy. 

They are incapable

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We also want Miami to lose. That didn’t happen today, but they’re definitely a venerable team too. 

I keep forgetting about Miami. 

Imagine Howie with 3 picks in the top 20. He will tire himself out negotiating trades. :lol:

Just now, NOTW said:

I keep forgetting about Miami. 

Imagine Howie with 3 picks in the top 20. He will tire himself out negotiating trades. :lol:

Hey Howie’s gonna have two picks in the top 15. One from Miami, and from the Colts. 😂

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

So you’re telling me if someone posted Hurts will have an MVP season you’re just going to ignore it and write nothing about it, because you disagree? 😂🤣😂 Please go somewhere else with that nonsense. 

I never said I wanted Wentz to be MVP.  Jalen Hurts is not in a situation to be MVP, so the conversation is a non starter.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I never said I wanted Wentz to be MVP.  Jalen Hurts is not in a situation to be MVP, so the conversation is a non starter.

Jalen Hurts is the starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles. If he takes a 4 win team to a double digit win team and unlike the other guy stay healthy and plays elite why can’t he win MVP?

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Jalen Hurts is the starting quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles. If he takes a 4 win team to a double digit win team and unlike the other guy stay healthy and plays elite why can’t he win MVP?

MVP is about stats along with wins.  Elite QB’s throw 40-50 TD’s.  Do you really think he can do that ??  As good as he looked today, he played one of the 5 worst defenses in the NFL.

MVP is about stats along with wins.  Elite QB’s throw 40-50 TD’s.  Do you really think he can do that ??  As good as he looked today, he played one of the 5 worst defenses in the NFL.

When Lamar Jackson won the MVP he threw for 36 touchdowns. Wentz only had 33 in 2017 and you still think he was MVP. 🙄 For the record no one expected Wentz to have that kind of season in 2017 either. So again there’s no reason why Hurts can’t do it if he plays at a high enough level. Funny how you’re so vehemently against Hurts winning MVP, but you did NO TYPING WHEN IT CAME  SOMONE WANTING WENTZ TO BE MVP. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz only had 33 in 2017 and you still think he was MVP.

To be fair that was in what 13/14 games? He was very likely going to get to the high 30s that year if not break 40 TDs. Of course we don't know but he was playing at a very high level and had the Giants and Raiders up on the schedule. 

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

When Lamar Jackson won the MVP he threw for 36 touchdowns. Wentz only had 33 in 2017 and you still think he was MVP. 🙄 For the record no one expected Wentz to have that kind of season in 2017 either. So again there’s no reason why Hurts can’t do it if he plays at a high enough level. Funny how you’re so vehemently against Hurts winning MVP, but you did NO TYPING WHEN IT CAME  SOMONE WANTING WENTZ TO BE MVP. 

As others have already pointed out, Wentz had 33 through 13 1/2 games, which was only 1 behind the league leaders total for the year.  He was on pace for 40 TD's, and was the consensus MVP at that point.  Those 33 TD's are still an Eagles single season record.

No one is against Hurts winning MVP, but he would have to throw 40+ TD's.  Mahomes won in 2018, had 50 TD's, Rodgers won it last year, had 48 TD's.  When Lamar Jackson won it in 2019, sure, he only threw 36 TD's, but he also ran for 1200 yards ( the record for rushing yards by a QB ) and another 7 TD's.  

And for the god knows how many times I have had to say it, SOMEONE ELSE POSTED ABOUT WANTING WENTZ TO WIN MVP.  More power to them, it was such an insignificant comment I did not find it worthy of a response.

CARSON WENTZ IS LIVING RENT FREE IN YOUR HEAD.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To be fair that was in what 13/14 games? He was very likely going to get to the high 30s that year if not break 40 TDs. Of course we don't know but he was playing at a very high level and had the Giants and Raiders up on the schedule. 

Those were also bad weather games and in 2019 Wentz played terrible in back to back bad weather games. Also for that year Brady won it and he only threw 32 touchdowns. 

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As others have already pointed out, Wentz had 33 through 13 1/2 games, which was only 1 behind the league leaders total for the year.  He was on pace for 40 TD's, and was the consensus MVP at that point.  Those 33 TD's are still an Eagles single season record.

No one is against Hurts winning MVP, but he would have to throw 40+ TD's.  Mahomes won in 2018, had 50 TD's, Rodgers won it last year, had 48 TD's.  When Lamar Jackson won it in 2019, sure, he only threw 36 TD's, but he also ran for 1200 yards ( the record for rushing yards by a QB ) and another 7 TD's.  

And for the god knows how many times I have had to say it, SOMEONE ELSE POSTED ABOUT WANTING WENTZ TO WIN MVP.  More power to them, it was such an insignificant comment I did not find it worthy of a response.

CARSON WENTZ IS LIVING RENT FREE IN YOUR HEAD.

You wrote Hurts can’t do it. You wrote nothing about Wentz coming off the worst season he’s ever played. You playing captain save a Wentz even when he’s a Colt. It’s really sad how much you defend this dude, 😂🤣😂 As I mentioned the ACTUAL MVP of 2017 threw 32 touchdowns. 

Eh, winning MVP doesn't mean much.  Everyone knows that QB is the single most important position on any team, so it simply boils down to each QB's record, and stats.  Hurts wouldn't need to throw over 40 TDs if he somehow managed to lead us to 15-2, or 14-3 with the number one seed. He couldn't go out and throw a ton of INTs either, but like 37TDs with maybe 8 INTs could do the trick. 

Anyway, I don't expect him to be in any MVP talk. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You wrote Hurts can’t do it. FALSE, I said he is not in a position to do it.

You wrote nothing about Wentz coming off the worst season he’s ever played. When was that become part of the discussion, moving the goal posts as usual

As I mentioned the ACTUAL MVP of 2017 threw 32 touchdowns.  Your point ??  Personally I think Russel Wilson should have been MVP after Wentz was hurt

Carson Wentz is living rent free in your head.  Stop moving the goal posts and bringing stuff not even discussed into you argument.

But, seeing as you are so confident, I will be you a month suspension that Jalen Hurts will not be the MVP, are you up for it ??  

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

Eh, winning MVP doesn't mean much.  Everyone knows that QB is the single most important position on any team, so it simply boils down to each QB's record, and stats.  Hurts wouldn't need to throw over 40 TDs if he somehow managed to lead us to 15-2, or 14-3 with the number one seed. He couldn't go out and throw a ton of INTs either, but like 37TDs with maybe 8 INTs could do the trick. 

Anyway, I don't expect him to be in any MVP talk. 

The point I was making wasn’t even that I was expecting him to be in MVP talk, but this dude wrote nothing about it when someone brings up Wentz, but completely shuts it down on Hurts. The bias is clear with that guy. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Carson Wentz is living rent free in your head.  Stop moving the goal posts and bringing stuff not even discussed into you argument.

But, seeing as you are so confident, I will be you a month suspension that Jalen Hurts will not be the MVP, are you up for it ??  

I’ll bet you a month’s subscription Carson doesn’t win MVP. You up for that? Seeing how you think he has a shot. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The point I was making wasn’t even that I was expecting him to be in MVP talk, but this dude wrote nothing about it when someone brings up Wentz, but completely shuts it down on Hurts. The bias is clear with that guy. 

Yeah, there's a little bias in doubting Hurts' ability when you say this below.  

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

Jalen Hurts is not in a situation to be MVP, so the conversation is a non starter.

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ll bet you a month’s subscription Carson doesn’t win MVP. You up for that? Seeing how you think he has a shot. 

Good god are you dense.  If you notice my screen name, it is downundermike.

If you look at the user who posted that comment that you posted a screen shot yesterday, his screen name is Mike030270.

I never once said Carson Wentz has a shot to be MVP this year.

image.png.5d2df4a72beb39c7a2d106de96bff5ef.png

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Good god are you dense.  If you notice my screen name, it is downundermike.

If you look at the user who posted that comment that you posted a screen shot yesterday, his screen name is Mike030270.

I never once said Carson Wentz has a shot to be MVP this year.

image.png.5d2df4a72beb39c7a2d106de96bff5ef.png

Yeah I wrote you never wrote it. I wrote you didn’t go against it. Now man up and stand by Wentz or just write right now Wentz has no shot to be MVP. 

How about:

if Hurts wins MVP downundermike gets a month suspension.
If Wentz wins MVP EazyEaglez gets a month suspension.

There you go. I don't think either shall win it, but both can do very well. You should both be pretty safe.

8 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Yeah, there's a little bias in doubting Hurts' ability when you say this below.  

Love how he’s jumping around. This whole comment thread started with him coming to Carson’s defense (yet again), like he’s some Carson burner account. 😂🤣😂

1 minute ago, mihailo said:

How about:

if Hurts wins MVP downundermike gets a month suspension.
If Wentz wins MVP EazyEaglez gets a month suspension.
There you go.

I’m good with that. Truth is I don’t think Hurts wins MVP, but I don’t think Carson will either. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I wrote you never wrote it. I wrote you didn’t go against it. Now man up and stand by Wentz or just write right now Wentz has no shot to be MVP. 

Do I have to respond to every insignificant meaningless comment made on this board ??  Unlike you, living in the Carson Wentz world, I have been in the blog talking about the Philadelphia Eagles.

And no, I have no desire to bet on another teams QB winning an MVP.  In Carson Wentz case, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

But as usual, you change the topic when challenged.  So, last time, I will be you a month suspension that Jalen Hurts will not be the MVP, are you up for it ??  

Do I have to respond to every insignificant meaningless comment made on this board ??  Unlike you, living in the Carson Wentz world, I have been in the blog talking about the Philadelphia Eagles.

And no, I have no desire to bet on another teams QB winning an MVP.  In Carson Wentz case, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

But as usual, you change the topic when challenged.  So, last time, I will be you a month suspension that Jalen Hurts will not be the MVP, are you up for it ??  

You don’t. Only when you get butthurt about Carson you do. When you’re ready to actually bet on Carson, I’ll bet on Hurts. For the record I never stated Hurts would be MVP, but you didn’t go against the notion when your boy Mike brought it up. 

Archived