Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

26 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Nick had a smart plan to not rush his young QB in a new scheme into throwing downfield for no reason, especially when they were winning.  They ultimately won 32-6!  And he did have some longer throws, his longest was 28 yards.  If short methodical passes leads to 30+ points I'll take that every week.  Some of the great QBs in the league have made a career out of that.  I'm sure there will be some deeper passes as they progress.  They barely had a preseason and I expected a lot of rust and they actually executed on offense really well and got into a rhythm. 

First- I have no problem with taking what the defenses will give you, however, they wont always give you the underneath, especially if they think you cant pass down field.

For reference two Of Hurts's farthest throws on Sunday were short and the WR/TE had to wait on them.  The other of the three passes 15+ yards or more was the TD to Smith, which was beautifully thrown, as stated, I am not saying he cant throw downfield, we just need to see it before we crown him king of all QB's and make him the MVP.

WHat we saw was him managing the game, he did great doing that. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

First- I have no problem with taking what the defenses will give you, however, they wont always give you the underneath, especially if they think you cant pass down field.

For reference two Of Hurts's farthest throws on Sunday were short and the WR/TE had to wait on them.  The other of the three passes 15+ yards or more was the TD to Smith, which was beautifully thrown, as stated, I am not saying he cant throw downfield, we just need to see it before we crown him king of all QB's and make him the MVP.

But, I don't really see anyone crowning him.  Some are just acknowledging that he he had a good game, instead of nitpicking for potential flaws. 

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I'm 100% on the Hurts bandwagon now, but can't agree with neither of you. 

Wentz at times in his career looked like a superstar. He did play well for the colts too.

Hurts, especially in his first game against the saints and now against the Falcons played like a champ.

No denying there was a time Wentz looked like he could have been one of the best if not best player in the NFL, but to act like that guy is the end all is foolish. Wentz encompasses the good and the bad. That's why it's good he is gone because the player doesn't think he needs to change or improve. He wants to keep going out there and taking big shots well that is the Colts problem now. I'm glad you are confidently on the Hurts bandwagon. I can't say I am there just yet, but I do believe in his work ethic and his potential. Unlike Carson and all of his issues, Hurts is a guy who is willing to work and develop to get better. I thought Philly was a hardworking town? I was when I lived there back in the day at least. Now we have people crying over a stubborn QB that turned his back on them, but they have no love for the hardworking guy.   

6 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Well we played them twice at the Linc in the 2019 - 20 season and put up a combined total of 18 points, the first game was arguably Wentz worst game of the season (toss up between that and New England) in a windy stadium, the second game was the play off game and he was one for four when he got his bell rung and left the game.

I think it was a Hasslleback game from back in the day, but didn't they drop like 50 on the Eagles once? 

55 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

It's gonna be a long season, I'm not going to label Hurts one way or the other after 1 game considering new scheme, no preseason, winning most of the game with no reason to risk or force anything downfield.

We criticized Wentz for hero ball and forcing it downfield causing incompletions and turnovers.  Hurts played smart and looked confident.  Last year he had some longer passes, the longest being 81 yards.  So let's see how the season goes.

QBs like Wentz that hold the ball forever always make offensive lines look bad. It's difficult to evaluate an O-line when they're expected to hold their blocks for 4-5 seconds. I'll bet if Indy winds up playing their backup, all of a sudden the o-line will look a lot better.

Bottom line, F Wentz.

57 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I thought I was watching a blue version of the Eagles there. 

Literally it sort of is that uncanny. From the OL not holding up to Wentz holding on too long, making guys miss and then still nothing there. That's the difference between Wentz in 2017 and most other years. 

22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think it was a Hasslleback game from back in the day, but didn't they drop like 50 on the Eagles once? 

Monday night in 05 for Reggie jersey retirement 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I thought I was watching a blue version of the Eagles there. 

Those clips are just painful to watch. 

The guy simply just DOES.NOT.LEARN. I feel ridiculous wasting anymore energy on him, but I just don't see him finishing this year and us getting that 1st rounder...

On 9/13/2021 at 10:21 AM, MF POON said:

Eh, winning MVP doesn't mean much.  Everyone knows that QB is the single most important position on any team, so it simply boils down to each QB's record, and stats.  Hurts wouldn't need to throw over 40 TDs if he somehow managed to lead us to 15-2, or 14-3 with the number one seed. He couldn't go out and throw a ton of INTs either, but like 37TDs with maybe 8 INTs could do the trick. 

Anyway, I don't expect him to be in any MVP talk. 

He wouldn't need to throw 1 t.d. if he could somehow manage to lead us to 15-2 or 14-3 without throwing 1. What a ridiculous statement.

1 hour ago, Birdman said:

The guy simply just DOES.NOT.LEARN. I feel ridiculous wasting anymore energy on him, but I just don't see him finishing this year and us getting that 1st rounder...

His "I’m not going to change” hero ball going to get himself, his o-line, and his wr’s beat up and looking bad just like last year and the year before.  It’s who he is now and it’s selfish and stubborn and hurts his team in the locker room and on the field.  

10 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

His "I’m not going to change” hero ball going to get himself, his o-line, and his wr’s beat up and looking bad just like last year and the year before.  It’s who he is now and it’s selfish and stubborn and hurts his team in the locker room and on the field.  

The irony is you see some people complaining how Hurts just "dink and dunked” the ball all game. I guess the missed the big shots, injuries, and letdown years of the years before.

5 hours ago, Birdman said:

After this season it’s no longer our problem. In all likelihood the Eagles aren’t getting that first so expect the second. That way if the 1st comes it will be a pleasant surprise. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is that a joke or is that genuine?

It's real. First they distract the Cowboys, now the Colts. Big thumbs up! I'll be watching for sure.

Good.  Now haters can tune in to hear Carson's greatest hits and get triggered all over again:

• Faith in Jesus
  • AO1
  • hunting
  • guns
  • personal choice to not get vaxxed
  • not changing the type of player he is and will always be aggressive

:lol:

On 9/15/2021 at 11:50 AM, Jeep_man said:

Ballard would get fired if he surrenders the Colts 1st pick to the Eagles and would never get another JOB as a GM EVER..

Just for grins, let's imagine the Colts go 12-5 on the season, are a Wild Card.  We would get the Colts 1st rounder and Carson plays 70% of the snaps. Do you think Ballard would be fired? Think before you type.

4 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Just for grins, let's imagine the Colts go 12-5 on the season, are a Wild Card.  We would get the Colts 1st rounder and Carson plays 70% of the snaps. Do you think Ballard would be fired? Think before you type.

It was a little of exaggeration from my end however, it would be so flat out Dumb to surrender a 1st round pick when Ballard can find creative ways to make sure Wentz plays slightly below 70%. 

If Colts don't make the playoffs, Eagles ain't getting the 1st round pick,

If the Colts make the playoffs it would make too much sense to make sure they keep the 1st round pick also.

Eagles will only get a 2nd round pick either way, BOOK IT..

Just now, Jeep_man said:

It was a little of exaggeration from my end however, it would be so flat out Dumb to surrender a 1st round pick when Ballard can find creative ways to make sure Wentz plays slightly below 70%. 

If Colts don't make the playoffs, Eagles ain't getting the 1st round pick,

If the Colts make the playoffs it would make too much sense to make sure they keep the 1st round pick also.

Eagles will only get a 2nd round pick either way, BOOK IT..

If the Colts are focused on how to avoid the 1st with counting snaps, they're focused on the wrong thing for their football team.  It sends a bad message to their locker room, that they're not worried about developing players, investing in them or winning they care about a draft pick.  Reich & Wentz have prior relationship and are trying to get him back to strong QB play.  Coaches are hired to try to win, not look for ways to get a higher draft pick.  

38 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Good.  Now haters can tune in to hear Carson's greatest hits and get triggered all over again:

• Faith in Jesus
  • AO1
  • hunting
  • guns
  • personal choice to not get vaxxed
  • not changing the type of player he is and will always be aggressive

:lol:

What's funny, is only haters will tune in.  Eagles fans who have moved on will not care.

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

If the Colts are focused on how to avoid the 1st with counting snaps, they're focused on the wrong thing for their football team.  It sends a bad message to their locker room, that they're not worried about developing players, investing in them or winning they care about a draft pick.  Reich & Wentz have prior relationship and are trying to get him back to strong QB play.  Coaches are hired to try to win, not look for ways to get a higher draft pick.  

Week 17 of the 2020 Eagles season disagrees with this statement.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What's funny, is only haters will tune in.  Eagles fans who have moved on will not care.

I disagree with that.  The idea that the Colts would focus over the course of the season on keeping that number under 70% if ridiculous.  Once eliminated from the playoffs most teams turn their attention to giving younger guys more reps and letting veterans with nagging injuries rest.  Nothing to play for at that point, but still trying to win the games with the younger players.  (And that includes putting Sudfeld in when they did.  Hurts was really bad in that game.)   

If the Colts were counting snaps, they would have pulled Wentz about midway through the 4th quarter (when Seattle went up 28-10) when the game was no longer winnable.  Instead, he took every single snap.  

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The thing about week 17 2020 is that Hurts was not exactly setting the world on fire in the 1st half of that game. He ended the first half 7 of 20 for 72 yards and an interception. How did Hurts play last year in the 2nd half vs. the 1st half? Playing Hurts the 2nd half was no guarantee of winning. Did Hurts give the Eagles a better chance than Sudfeld? Probably, but neither Hurts or Sudfeld were gems last year excepting the New Orleans game. I can believe that Doug gave Sudfeld some snaps just for being a good soldier, Doug most likely knew he was gone, win or lose. Was Doug told to play Sudfeld? I've never seen or heard anything conclusive either way.

Archived