Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kevin Kolb 2.0 traded away at the perfect time. 

What would have been perfect would have been not giving him a contract until he proved he could stay healthy a full season.  He could have walked as a free agent this offseason and they wouldn't have to worry about restructures to accommodate the cap.

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kevin Kolb 2.0 traded away at the perfect time. 

You have to admit, Howie saved his job by trading him.  If he was still here, we’d be killing Howie more so than usual.  

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What would have been perfect would have been not giving him a contract until he proved he could stay healthy a full season.  He could have walked as a free agent this offseason and they wouldn't have to worry about restructures to accommodate the cap.

Yeah but, we wouldn't of got that sweet 2nd or 1st round pick and the comedy that goes with the arguing over it. 

Can probably forget about that first round pick for Wentz.  Lucky to get what we did,

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/20/report-carson-wentz-dealing-with-injuries-to-both-ankles/

Report: Carson Wentz dealing with injuries to both ankles

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 20, 2021, 10:59 AM EDT

Quarterback Carson Wentz had to exit Sunday’s loss to the Rams after his right ankle got rolled up on when defensive tackle Aaron Donald hit him in the fourth quarter.

But apparently, Wentz is dealing with another issue.

Per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Wentz suffered sprains to both ankles and is undergoing further testing on Monday to determine the severity of both injuries.

The quarterback said after Sunday’s game that he didn’t think his ankle was broken. Wentz added that he’d look to do everything possible to be available for next week’s game against the Titans.

Backup Jacob Eason played the last two drives on Sunday in Wentz’s absence, throwing an interception to cornerback Jalen Ramsey.

Wentz missed a few weeks of training camp when he had surgery on his left foot. And then he missed a few days of practice while on the COVID-19 list for being a close contact of someone who had tested positive.

But Wentz was able to start in Week One and Week Two. Through two games, he’s completed 65.2 percent of his passes for 498 yards with three touchdowns and one interception. He’s also been sacked six times.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Rub some dirt on it Carson and get back in there!  :P

He reminds me of my fat Aunt. She went into the hospital with broken arm...... Tripped on her way out of the hospital and broke her leg lmao!!! That story brings me to tears 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He reminds me of my fat Aunt. She went into the hospital with broken arm...... Tripped on her way out of the hospital and broke her leg lmao!!! That story brings me to tears 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sounds like you two were really close.

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Been reading everything I could find on him, mostly because of that conditional pick..

And man, first he can‘t practice because of Covid. Then you think: Well his play was fine, but the OL/WR need to play better. And then he is out hurt, followed by news that it‘s worse than initially thought (both ancles now)…

This is just all so familiar. 

And it‘s only been the first two weeks!

Can‘t fathom how any Eagles fan isn‘t reliefed big time that he is gone now!

One thing is for sure, we'll all have to wait until next year for his MVP trophy.

The 1st round pick was never going to happen.

Even the 2nd will end up being an overpay by the Colts for this stunad.

18 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Sounds like you two were really close.

Not as close as when my friend and I stopped to help her fix a flat tire and she tried to loosen the nuts on the wheel and fell over on my friends crotch and then kept putting her hands on his nuts to try and get up lol. 

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The 1st round pick was never going to happen.

Even the 2nd will end up being an overpay by the Colts for this stunad.

Colts fans are blaming everyone but him.  From what I have seen of both games, their offensive line might be playing worse than the Eagles did when he was under center last year.

Somehow Carson has played in both games this season yet that first round pick seems more distant than ever. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

32 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not as close as when my friend and I stopped to help her fix a flat tire and she tried to loosen the nuts on the wheel and fell over on my friends crotch and then kept putting her hands on his nuts to try and get up lol. 

what-the.gif

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Colts fans are blaming everyone but him.  From what I have seen of both games, their offensive line might be playing worse than the Eagles did when he was under center last year.

Just like plenty delusional Eagles fans over the last year-plus. Welcome to hell.

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Just like plenty delusional Eagles fans over the last year-plus. Welcome to hell.

It’s refreshing that it’s no longer our problem. Hey let them blame everyone but Wentz. That way they keep throwing him out there for that 75%. 

4 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I watched parts of both games, Carson looks fine.  Their offensive line is a disaster.

4 hours ago, DBW said:

You have to admit, Howie saved his job by trading him.  If he was still here, we’d be killing Howie more so than usual.  

I don’t even think it mattered for Howie’s job. The owner was keeping Howie regardless of Wentz or not. If anything paying Carson all that money and then being forced to trade him should’ve cost Howie his job. Besides the was Carson’s choice to bail on the Eagles. Howie wanted him back. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

As much as I wanted Wentz to work out, I was not in favor of that contract at that time. For health reasons, plus, I wanted to see him for at least another full season to see how well he played. 

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

As much as I wanted Wentz to work out, I was not in favor of that contract at that time. For health reasons, plus, I wanted to see him for at least another full season to see how well he played. 

Yeah it was weird, give him that big contract supposedly to spend less than you would have to during or after the next season.  Ok, but then drafted Hurts in the 2nd as insurance.  If they wanted the QB factory and to have a backup plan that's fine, just don't pay Carson and tell him you have a prove it year and we have a replacement.  The situation was mishandled.  And they seem to already be preparing with draft picks to get a QB next year if they need to.  I would like a nice stretch of QB play with no controversy and a clear long term starter for once.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Yeah it was weird, give him that big contract supposedly to spend less than you would have to during or after the next season.  Ok, but then drafted Hurts in the 2nd as insurance.  If they wanted the QB factory and to have a backup plan that's fine, just don't pay Carson and tell him you have a prove it year and we have a replacement.  The situation was mishandled.  And they seem to already be preparing with draft picks to get a QB next year if they need to.  I would like a nice stretch of QB play with no controversy and a clear long term starter for once.

They did that one time 

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And then they trade for Minshew.

Archived