Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yeah it was weird, give him that big contract supposedly to spend less than you would have to during or after the next season.  Ok, but then drafted Hurts in the 2nd as insurance.  If they wanted the QB factory and to have a backup plan that's fine, just don't pay Carson and tell him you have a prove it year and we have a replacement.  The situation was mishandled.  And they seem to already be preparing with draft picks to get a QB next year if they need to.  I would like a nice stretch of QB play with no controversy and a clear long term starter for once.

Don't try to follow the logic of the front office.  It is ridiculous.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And then they trade for Minshew.

It’s clear the Eagles aren’t sold on their quarterback. Why draft a guy in the 2nd round if you don’t believe in him? Just stupid.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Kids today will think that's from Minecraft.

I can't speak on Minecraft, but while I think many people our age will understand the reference of: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start, I still remember the code to Mike Tyson even though I haven't played that game for at least 25 years or more.

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I can't speak on Minecraft, but while I think many people our age will understand the reference of: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start, I still remember the code to Mike Tyson even though I haven't played that game for at least 25 years or more.

I thought it was select start? Lol

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

For 2 players, yes lol.

Ahhh you slick SOB. I only played 2 player. Those were good times. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ahhh you slick SOB. I only played 2 player. Those were good times. 

Lol, the memories of your friend getting pissed off on the one up scrolling level because you were climbing too fast inadvertently killing him lol.

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lol, the memories of your friend getting pissed off on the one up scrolling level because you were climbing too fast inadvertently killing him lol.

Lol yes with the waterfalls? Lol. 

That and the tecmo bowl tournaments we had for not just a night.... Days! We had freaking week long sleep overs oh and little league world series baseball too! 

Had to make the Raiders off limits damn Bo Jackson 

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol yes with the waterfalls? Lol. 

That and the tecmo bowl tournaments we had for not just a night.... Days! We had freaking week long sleep overs oh and little league world series baseball too! 

Had to make the Raiders off limits damn Bo Jackson 

Lol, I actually never got into sports video games back in the day. I loved adventure games, like the Legend of Zelda was my favorite growing up. I remember when my mom and stepdad got married in our house back in 1988, I had the game on pause upstairs in my room at the time.

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lol, I actually never got into sports video games back in the day. I loved adventure games, like the Legend of Zelda was my favorite growing up. I remember when my mom and stepdad got married in our house back in 1988, I had the game on pause upstairs in my room at the time.

I was the opposite, I played all sports with some Mario mixed in here and there. Now I play all adventure games and very little.sports lol. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not as close as when my friend and I stopped to help her fix a flat tire and she tried to loosen the nuts on the wheel and fell over on my friends crotch and then kept putting her hands on his nuts to try and get up lol. 

You were just trying to make it into the mom thread weren’t you? 

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

You were just trying to make it into the mom thread weren’t you? 

Lmao yup with my aunt 

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

What would have been perfect would have been not giving him a contract until he proved he could stay healthy a full season.  He could have walked as a free agent this offseason and they wouldn't have to worry about restructures to accommodate the cap.

In retrospect, what would have been better would be if the Eagles traded him for a king's ransom following the SB year. At the time, he could likely have fetched multiple one's.  Of course hindsight is 20-20, and Foles has proven that he's not the answer as a long term starting QB in the league.

12 minutes ago, Procus said:

In retrospect, what would have been better would be if the Eagles traded him for a king's ransom following the SB year. At the time, he could likely have fetched multiple one's.  Of course hindsight is 20-20, and Foles has proven that he's not the answer as a long term starting QB in the league.

In that scenario, he probably would ha e won a Super Bowl wherever he went.  That is our luck.

8 hours ago, DBW said:

He’s made of Fing glass 

Hm, double sprained ankles? I say Colts rule him out 5 weeks+. 

You can write a F'in thesis about how, why, and when things fell apart for Wentz.

I know some might hold out hope, but I think he is beyond the point of no return.

His body is breaking down at an alarming rate, his play style is as reckless as ever, and he is mentally and emotionally fragile.

His days as an NFL starter are numbered. It's sad considering the future we all were envisioning halfway through 2017, but such is life.

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah it was weird, give him that big contract supposedly to spend less than you would have to during or after the next season.  Ok, but then drafted Hurts in the 2nd as insurance.  If they wanted the QB factory and to have a backup plan that's fine, just don't pay Carson and tell him you have a prove it year and we have a replacement.  The situation was mishandled.  And they seem to already be preparing with draft picks to get a QB next year if they need to.  I would like a nice stretch of QB play with no controversy and a clear long term starter for once.

I would like to see a head coach with a plan and direction and for them to follow that plan. For better or worse we are stuck in the I’m smarter than the other guys collaborative effort style, because they won a Super Bowl this way. That’s why the regime will not change. Only players and coaches are expendable. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Remember Wentzylvania marketing? 

Good times. 

I almost bought a T-shirt.

I did have one of those McFarland figures.I snapped his legs off and threw it in the garbage... 

Wait a minute do you think it was his Voodoo doll? 🤔

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Remember Wentzylvania marketing? 

Good times. 

He has gone from "Wentzylvania" to "Blue Tentz Wentz".

I hope he plays in the next game. I really want to see the greatness of a quarterback who can’t use his legs as a weapon. :whistle:

Only two weeks into the season and Colts media is already discussing that first. Wouldn’t be ironic if the Colts just bench Wentz and use that pick in a package to go get Watson? Yeah yeah teams never trade within the division….. until they do. 

5EB7DD45-5003-4D18-A5D8-EB20DF2FFC71.jpeg

Here we go again with the media fueled speculation on how many games he'll miss.........

he'll probably start this week lmfao

Archived