Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that said anybody would be better than Wentz.....Welp, anybody has entered the building and he is clearly worse.

7 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

Care to explain?

He had already signed an extension here and is in year 1 of that deal right now.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He had already signed an extension here and is in year 1 of that deal right now.

You are correct. I forgot he was signed through the 2024 season. I think I was mistaking his last contract with the cap implications of his signing bonus.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'd guess it fairly universal that no one wants your help.

Feel free to obsess over a Colts player all you like, but if you’re going to waste your time doing it them maybe you should do it in a place where it’s appreciated rather than a place where the guy to the team and fan base to piss off. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Feel free to obsess over a Colts player all you like, but if you’re going to waste your time doing it them maybe you should do it in a place where it’s appreciated rather than a place where the guy to the team and fan base to piss off. 

Not sure what you said there at the end.  I don't see anyone obsessing over him, but you.  You get hard the instant he is even mentioned.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yet here you are 

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Not sure what you said there at the end.  I don't see anyone obsessing over him, but you.  You get hard the instant he is even mentioned.

Carson requested to be traded from the Eagles. Why should I be gushing over a player who didn’t want to play here? For the record the only person I truly get angry about is Chip Kelly. The persona/facade created by you fanboys of how it’s was so great when he was here when in reality the greatest stuff happened here when he wasn’t even playing is just baffling. Like I mentioned before if you want to hold hands and sing odes to your god feel free to create a thread for you and the fanboys only or better yet. Just go be a Cults fan. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Carson requested to be traded from the Eagles. Why should I be gushing over a player who didn’t want to play here? 

Why do you even care when he is mentioned?  Do you act the same way when other former QBs are mentioned?  Or is it just Wentz? 

It's fair that he comes up from a historical perspective and to answer the "anyone would be better" battlecry.  Clearly, his replacement isn't better.

39 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

We have a Wentz topic already, he's no longer an Eagle.  Talk about him in one topic.

I've been thinking it's long past time someone closed or moved this from TATE. Wentz is gone and we all understand what the conditional pick will be under the different scenarios.

Flush it and move on. If someone wants to stare at it then close the door 😃

9 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

I've been thinking it's long past time someone closed or moved this from TATE. Wentz is gone and we all understand what the conditional pick will be under the different scenarios.

Flush it and move on. If someone wants to stare at it then close the door 😃

Thanks, Jalen.

21 minutes ago, It Hurts said:

Obsess much? 

I should be asking you that question. I do not wish to confer with you. Move on.

21 minutes ago, It Hurts said:

20 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Why do you even care when he is mentioned?  Do you act the same way when other former QBs are mentioned?  Or is it just Wentz? 

It's fair that he comes up from a historical perspective and to answer the "anyone would be better" battlecry.  Clearly, his replacement isn't better.

McNabb’s replacements weren’t better. Are we sitting here lamenting over that? McNabb certainly did more for the Eagles than Wentz has. Frankly the only reason this dude should even be talked about is how him playing helps the Eagles period. 

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I should be asking you that question. I do not wish to confer with you. Move on.

Perfect 👍

40 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Clearly you, and every other Eagles fan besides Easy, forgot about the ring McNabb played a part in winning. 

Wish I could remember what year that happened. 🤔

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

McNabb certainly did more for the Eagles than Wentz has.

The only way you could compare the two semi-fairly would be to compare like to like (or as close to it as you can). So for McNabb, 1999 to 2003 (first 5 seasons), Wentz 2016 to 2020 (first 5 seasons). On the surface, there's not a huge statistical difference between them.

McNabb.PNG

Wentz.PNG

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

McNabb’s replacements weren’t better. Are we sitting here lamenting over that? McNabb certainly did more for the Eagles than Wentz has. Frankly the only reason this dude should even be talked about is how him playing helps the Eagles period. 

Well this is what this thread is about right? 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This thread 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

I don't obsess you do!!! 

"The jerk store called, and they're outta you!"

43 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Well this is what this thread is about right? 

It used to be, but even back then the fanboys just said I was being mean to their god. It is what it is. Thou shall not tell truths about thine Wentz or be forever shamed. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The only way you could compare the two semi-fairly would be to compare like to like (or as close to it as you can). So for McNabb, 1999 to 2003 (first 5 seasons), Wentz 2016 to 2020 (first 5 seasons). On the surface, there's not a huge statistical difference between them.

McNabb.PNG

Wentz.PNG

Donovan McNabb has won multiple playoff games and has been to the Super Bowl Wentz had one outstanding season he didn’t even finish. 😂🤣😂

Archived