Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

8 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

Emily the Criminal is well worth a look. Aubrey Plaza is great in the role.

Delaware should be very proud of her.

Just watched is last night. Good time killer at work. 

On 11/25/2022 at 11:46 AM, devpool said:

Wednesday was a good series, I enjoyed

I enjoyed it too but I think it was mostly nostalgic from watching the series as a kid, in syndication.  I thought they did a good job. 

not sure if it's really been discussed, but i really like warrior nun. about to watch the season 2 finale. good story and yeah, some hot nuns that can kick a**. 

fap fap fap

On 12/14/2022 at 8:37 PM, Procus said:

Just started watching Fauda.  It's addictive.  Already on season 2

Fauda was awesome. First season was the best but the other two are really good too. Best series I have seen on Netflix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Fauda was awesome. First season was the best but the other two are really good too. Best series I have seen on Netflix.

Finishing up season 3, a bit of a letdown after the first 2, but still top notch

11 minutes ago, Procus said:

Finishing up season 3, a bit of a letdown after the first 2, but still top notch

Yeah, I forget the specifics and the storylines, but I do remember that the third season wasn’t quite as good as the first two. But still really really good.

One thing about the show that I remember finding distracting was that there were two characters who looked a lot alike. And I couldn’t tell them apart. It got confusing. 

I should really rewatch the whole thing because it was overall fantastic.

28 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Really enjoyed Glass Onion. Daniel Craig is great in those Knives Out movies. 

Same. Really enjoyed it. Could have been a big let down, but it was very entertaining. 

I wasnt seeing good reviews on glass onion. Till the two of you said positive things in this thread.

I intended to watch it for Madelyn Kline anyway.

She did not disappoint. Should have been more. Pure perfection.

And the movie was pretty solid too. It was a little slow to start and lost my wife's interest. Dave Bautista in a speedo doesnt seem to have the same draw for the ladies as Kline does for the men. They made a mistake casting that one.

• Like 2

Finished cyberpunk edgrunners and it was pretty darn fantastic all the way through.  Very disappointed with the Dragon Age cartoon, that's a world i find more interesting than the Witcher's, but they just kinda mailed it in.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 1:09 AM, Thrive said:

Finally getting into Alice in Borderlands. Season 1 is pretty good thus far.

I liked season 1 but I'm not really feeling season 2. The games seem to be dragging on and on. I'm through episode 6 though so I'll stick it out to see if it really ends or not.

Watched a couple episodes of Kaleidoscope.

Giancarlo Esposito (Gus from breaking bad) headlines a caper team that wants to steal billions in bearer bonds.

The trick/gimmick is you can watch the episodes in any order you want.

Pretty fun so far.

Anyone see the Recruit?  I'm through episode 4 and I'm a big fan.  It's a great action series with a very unique look into law within the CIA.  I realize how boring that sounds, but it isn't.  Very cool story and the main plot is entertaining.  There aren't many things my wife and I can watch together because of my unhealthy horror preferences  🤣

14 hours ago, hputenis said:

Anyone see the Recruit?  I'm through episode 4 and I'm a big fan.  It's a great action series with a very unique look into law within the CIA.  I realize how boring that sounds, but it isn't.  Very cool story and the main plot is entertaining.  There aren't many things my wife and I can watch together because of my unhealthy horror preferences  🤣

I watched episode 1 but haven’t gotten back to it yet.  I have a tendency to start shows when I’m half in the bag and then not going back to them :lol: 

• Haha 1

i know i'm years behind on these but i've watched some documentaries recently. started with 3 of the "untold" docs. 

manti teo getting catfished was okay...i guess they had to let the catfishing "dude" tell her story to get her to appear. meh. teo was an idiot for falling for it.

the tim donoghy nba ref one was interesting...jersey/philly trash getting wrapped up in gambling. definitely seemed like the nba made donoghy the fall guy & covered it all up.

rise & fall of AND1 was a good look at the idiots who helped ruin basketball. 

then i moved on to one about nolan ryan which was pretty cool. damn, i forgot how ridiculous some of his stats were.  then i watched a non-sports doc called "perfect bid" about some weirdo who was really obsessed with the price is right to the point of memorizing prices & showing up in the audience dozens of times...including getting called on stage. this guy is how i picture @gameshowfan91

LAND_16_9?language=eng&territory=US&prop

• Haha 4

I watched Vatican Girl yesterday while waiting for the game to start.    New Tribunal being opened since the airing of the show.  That's pretty powerful.  I really hope the family gets some answers and I wouldn't be shocked at all that the Vatican was involved, which looks to be quite possible. 

Wednesday was amusing enough to make it worth while.  It was classic Burton, and IMHO that's a good thing.  

The first couple of episodes of The Recruit have made me want to see what happens in the 3rd episode.  Doug Limon rarely disappoints.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, mr_hunt said:

i know i'm years behind on these but i've watched some documentaries recently. started with 3 of the "untold" docs. 

manti teo getting catfished was okay...i guess they had to let the catfishing "dude" tell her story to get her to appear. meh. teo was an idiot for falling for it.

the tim donoghy nba ref one was interesting...jersey/philly trash getting wrapped up in gambling. definitely seemed like the nba made donoghy the fall guy & covered it all up.

rise & fall of AND1 was a good look at the idiots who helped ruin basketball. 

then i moved on to one about nolan ryan which was pretty cool. damn, i forgot how ridiculous some of his stats were.  then i watched a non-sports doc called "perfect bid" about some weirdo who was really obsessed with the price is right to the point of memorizing prices & showing up in the audience dozens of times...including getting called on stage. this guy is how i picture @gameshowfan91

LAND_16_9?language=eng&territory=US&prop

perfect bid was awesome. 

Watched The Hacket Wielding Hitchhiker.  Started strong, but the last 20 min was bad.  Worth a watch, but don’t expect much from this documentary.

Watched The Traitor on Peacock.  It’s not Netflix, but don’t see a Peacock thread and don’t want to start one.  Actually quite entertaining reality show.  Basically Among Us type game, 10 episodes, easy watch.  A couple good characters on the show. 

13 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Watched The Hacket Wielding Hitchhiker.  Started strong, but the last 20 min was bad.  Worth a watch, but don’t expect much from this documentary.

I found this fascinating. I was only going to watch 20 minutes and go to bed, but ended up watching the entire thing.