EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Man brought a knife to a gun fight....and won....that's Jalen Hurts level swag right there

Nah....it was a strong, accurate knife throw.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

You can invite Corral for a visit if you've got NO, PIT, and TEN drafting behind you and they need QB as well.  

Just now, NCiggles said:

The knock on strong isn't just his knee condition.  What makes Brady elite is his understanding of the game and ability to read defenses.  Brady knows where he is throwing the ball pre-snap or just after.  He knows what the best match up is to attack the coverage. Strong isn't executing that kind of offense in Nevada. Strong was not in a system that required him to do much in the way of reading coverages. He was in an air raid system and it's not a complex offensive scheme.  It's not what Sirianni would like to run in Philly.  Some of the concern about Strong is that he locks on targets and relies too much on his arm strength to make throws.  He takes too many sacks because he locks in and doesn't progress through his reads.  He does have a strong arm and he is accurate but that doesn't make him any better than Hurts if he locks in on his one read but then can't avoid a sack.  It's worse.  

Also, Brady's pocket movement is second to none. It's really remarkable to watch him slide around and then make the correct read and throw. 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

A prospect with correctable flaws and very high end tools.

Between the top 3 QBs, Corral is my preferred choice.

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Nah....it was a strong, accurate knife throw.

I edited my comment! 

Just now, RLC said:

Yes. The answer is always yes.

Skip Bayless wannabee.

Takes for takes sake.

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Is ESP really that dumb?  (Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to.) Eagles have long used some Top 30 visits as smokescreens or to scope,out a player they may face or may later have an interest in.  

Yep. Disregard his commentary. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Also, Brady's pocket movement is second to none. It's really remarkable to watch him slide around and then make the correct read and throw. 

Second to Marino and I would argue a tie with Peyton. 

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Please only rate workouts on a Swag Scale. 1 being pre-draft, 2000 Tom Brady, 10 being King of Swag Jalen Hurts

1 point for matching black shorts and socks.

1 point for braids/ dreads.

1 point for no shirt.

1 point for visible tattoos.

1 point for sloppy posture after jump.

1 point for looking disinterested.

1 point for yellow school color kicks.

Can't tell if he's wearing any jewelry

So 7-10 on the swag scale 

I'm ok with a QB who doesn't run and is pretty much a statue as long as they have the intelligence and arm to make up for it

7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Second to Marino and I would argue a tie with Peyton. 

I think something all 3 have in common that helps with there ability to step up in the pocket and slide around it is they are all 6'4" or taller.

Being able to look over ones pocket and see down field gives one an advantage over a QB like say hurts who when steps up in the pocket still can't see down field because he's too short.

I prefer taller qbs as they tend to be able to see the field better within the pocket 

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm ok with a Petyon Manning QB who doesn't run and is pretty much a statue as long as they have the intelligence and arm to make up for it

FYP

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

FYP

Isn't there another Manning on the way? Maybe Howie is playing the long game

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

I have a feeling he will be the pick at 15.  Which version of him do we get ??  The guy who was a stud as a freshman, or the guy who was not as good after that.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Is ESP really that dumb?  (Rhetorical question that we all know the answer to.) Eagles have long used some Top 30 visits as smokescreens or to scope,out a player they may face or may later have an interest in.  

Historically, I don't think the Eagles have interviews with players they wouldn't consider drafting.  I have heard that teams use the visit as a way to get further information about a prospect they have questions about. Just the last 3 drafts they have taken one player they had an official visit with: 2019 MIles Sanders, 2020 Davion Taylor,  2021 Marlon Tuipulotu.  So it doesn't look like they are using it for first round picks necessarily.  I don't know what it means about Corral.  I think the meeting could serve dual purposes.  They may like him as a prospect but have questions.  They may want to see if anyone is showing first round interest in him.  It doesn't mean they are considering spending a first round pick on him. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Rams currently have 7.1 million in cap space.  They also do not have to allocate cap money to a 1st or 2nd round pick this year.

They have 13 million in dead cap, the Eagles have 36 million in dead cap.

Rams highest cap hits

Donald - 26.7 million ( best defensive player in the NFL )

Ramsey - 23.2 million ( top 5 CB in the NFL )

Kupp - 18 million ( one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL )

Stafford - 13.5 million ( arguably the best QB in the NFC )

Havenstein - 9.5 million ( top 10 tackle in the NFC ?? )

Eagles highest cap hits

Hargrave - 17.8 million ( not sure where you rank him )

Johnson - 15.7 million ( best RT in football, but older and decline is coming )

Cox - 14.9 million ( not sure where you rank him, obviously declining )

Slay - 9.7 million ( top 5 CB in the NFC )

Graham - 9.4 million ( older DE coming off injury )

So for the cap dollars, Rams are getting major impact from their top 5 players.

Eagles have 32.7 million at DT, and are not getting half the production the Rams are getting from 1 guy with a 26.7 million cap hit.

We could also be spending some of that 36 million dead on impact players, like the top safeties in free agency this year.

Summary, the Rams GM is far superior to Howie Roseman.

Eagles rolled over 16.4M, Rams rolled over 137K. Eagles are also going to have a lot roll over to 2023 compared to the Rams after we get the June 1st savings from Cox.

Subtract those totals from dead cap and the Eagles are at 20M and the Rams are at 13M. A lot closer than you’re making it out to be.

Yes we borrow from the future. But you can’t leave out we bring from the past as well.

9 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

FYP

That'd be great but I'd settle for someone else

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

Eagles rolled over 16.4M, Rams rolled over 137K. Eagles are also going to have a lot roll over to 2023 compared to the Rams after we get the June 1st savings from Cox.

Subtract those totals from dead cap and the Eagles are at 20M and the Rams are at 13M. A lot closer than you’re making it out to be.

Yes we borrow from the future. But you can’t leave out we bring from the past as well.

Suffice to say the Eagles approach to the cap is a fiscal strategy, and not the haphazard mismanagement narrative put forth all too often in here.

Free agency is overspending for talent -- by definition.  Most often these free agents sign with the highest bidder; not a great overall strategy to be heavily involved in free agency every year.

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Isn't there another Manning on the way? Maybe Howie is playing the long game

Well Archy is a junior in High School.  But maybe Howie can keep trading the picks until he has all of the 2027 first round locked up.  

So many players I like in this draft, but really hoping Thibodeaux falls so Eagles can trade up, though I think it's highly unlikely

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Well Archy is a junior in High School.  But maybe Howie can keep trading the picks until he has all of the 2027 first round locked up.  

And with our QB luck Malachi Nelson would turn out to be the superior QB.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Suffice to say the Eagles approach to the cap is a fiscal strategy, and not the haphazard mismanagement narrative put forth all too often in here.

Free agency is overspending for talent -- by definition.  Most often these free agents sign with the highest bidder; not a great overall strategy to be heavily involved in free agency every year.

But you pick your spots, and sign young FA"s at position of need.  Safety was the way to go this year.

Brandon Brooks, Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod are some good examples.

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Maybe Howie can get in his head and convince him to pull an Eli and refuse to be drafted by any team but us. We've seen Howie Wormtongue get into Lurie's head, maybe he could do it again! 

Archived