EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think Howell is being underrated a bit because of 2021, when he lost both starting WR's AND both starting RB's. His 2020 season when he had those weapons (who weren't even R1 talents themselves) he looked great.

Brett Favre fell the second round because of bad senior year.  The Ron Wolf loved his junior year tape and traded with the Falcons to get him a year later.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Will the Ojabo-STANs stand up when the pick turns into Sidney Jones 2.0?

I love the guy, but I think recency bias will steer the FO away from that kind of pick.

The previous medical staff screwed up Jones' physical therapy badly.  And CB is the worst position to draft with a torn Achilles.  We have seen pass rushers come back from it successfully. 

I was vocal about hating the Jones pick in round 2.

Don't hate Ojabo in round 1.

Just watched Jeremiah and Brooks alternate the top 10:

image.png.0fb2dfd60772902ffd731fbfb84fce7c.png

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I love the guy, but I think recency bias will steer the FO away from that kind of pick.

I kind of figured that Ojabo was an option at 15 pre-achilles, then we got Reddick (DE/OLB)... so while I'm not against a Sidney Jones gambit, I'd at least want to get a Sidney Jones discount.

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I kind of figured that Ojabo was an option at 15 pre-achilles, then we got Reddick (DE/OLB)... so while I'm not against a Sidney Jones gambit, I'd at least want to get a Sidney Jones discount.

I agree. I can't take him at 15 or 18.

I've been a Ojabo fan for a while, but him at 15 or 18 is not gonna happen.

Johnson remains by favourite realistic target, don't buy the Kayvon sliding hope.

Also have been very impressed with Mafe, his first step and explosion is the best in the draft.

33 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Don't see this happening AT ALL.  Not their M.O.

They drafted Hill in the 5th round, Kelce in the 3rd round, Hardman was drafted to be Hill's replacement, in the 2nd round.

They've signed JuJu and MVS already.  It's still Mahomes throwing the football.  They can find WR throughout the draft.

32 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Daxton Hill and Jordan Davis/Devonte Wyatt

Book it

If you believe that the Eagles' interest in Mathieu is legitimate, then Hill is the obvious choice.  He can play single high safety/slot corner and once we have him we can re-sign Steven Nelson after the draft or go after someone like Stephon Gilmore.  Hill makes too much sense, he does everything Mathieu does and is significantly cheaper.  Meanwhile Nelson would come back, clearly his demand around the league isn't super high and we built up some goodwill with him when he missed his bonus payout week 18, and the Eagles gave it to him anyway.

Davis or Wyatt becomes the Fletcher Cox replacement and in a year or two, they and Milton Williams take over the interior defensive line.  Hargrave continuing to play like he has gives them a solid 3-man rotation, and if there's ever going to be a spot where the Eagles would invest it's on the DL.

Second round depends on how the draft board shakes out.  I could see Howie packaging one of those 3's to jump up and snag someone.  Or he could move back and pick up more future picks.  Either way my bet is there's no way Howie sits tight at 51.

I like Hill, Cossell praised him too. Unique versatile secondary weapon which is desperately needed. 

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I've been a Ojabo fan for a while, but him at 15 or 18 is not gonna happen.

Johnson remains by favourite realistic target, don't buy the Kayvon sliding hope.

Also have been very impressed with Mafe, his first step and explosion is the best in the draft.

I see Hutch, Walker, Johnson and Thibodeaux all going top 12 unless there's 3 QB taken. If they did a trade down say with the Steelers to 20, I agree. I'd much rather roll the dice on Mafe than Ojabo. Mafe is rising, but I think he's still a bit of a reach even at 20.

59 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

For all intents and purposes, last year JJAW was positioned many times where one would put an Hback and blocked like one too.  You certainly can’t call what he did last year as the role of a wide receiver. 

In my defense, I have never confused JJAW with an NFL receiver.

Off topic..

If Embiid scores 63 points over the next three games, he'll be the first center in 40 years to average over 30 ppg.

52 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I rank them:

R1- Corral, Pickett, Willis

R1/2- Howell, Ridder

R2/3- Strong

I'd be fine with ridder or strong or fine with neither of them.

Not a big fan of Howell 

37 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Didn't they just draft Dickerson coming off an ACL?  Not sure they will be dissuaded.  He'll be a 'value' pick now.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

and because how dumb the NBA is they wont vote this guy the MVP 

Unreal

MVP generally goes to a team with the top record in their conference.

I'd assume they'd give it to Booker from suns or Steph curry both teams that have better records than sixers 

I'm not saying it's right just that's how it usually goes.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

We have too many holes to not turn down an extra first. 

Not to mention the difference between #18 to 29 seems like personal preference rather than "way better talent". 

Ive seen Burks go that late. Kenyon green go that late. Dean, Linderbaum. etc

You don't have to fill holes all in one draft. Fill it with the best talent possible in more drafts is better than filling more holes faster with lesser talent.

And I'm way higher on Williams than Burks personally. And I have zero interest in Dean. I'm anti LB in round 1. So I think in those scenarios you absolutely would be missing out even if those guys fell that far, which is no guarantee.

Right now the Eagles are in the sweet spot of the draft. Lot of good talent will be there in the teens.

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The previous medical staff screwed up Jones' physical therapy badly.  And CB is the worst position to draft with a torn Achilles.  We have seen pass rushers come back from it successfully. 

I was vocal about hating the Jones pick in round 2.

Don't hate Ojabo in round 1.

I remember.  And I agreed... I liked him in Round 3, not 2.

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Didn't they just draft Dickerson coming off an ACL?  Not sure they will be dissuaded.  He'll be a 'value' pick now.

I was referring to a red-shirt-for-a-year kind of pick.

Jones and Ojabo were injured on their pro day.  Dickerson was already doing cartwheels at his.

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I was referring to a red-shirt-for-a-year kind of pick.

Jones and Ojabo were injured on their pro day.  Dickerson was already doing cartwheels at his.

True.  

33 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Off topic..

If Embiid scores 63 points over the next three games, he'll be the first center in 40 years to average over 30 ppg.

48.5 minutes per game   😂

I used to play rec leagues with guys who never subbed off; amazing were the days where professionals did it.  NFL players playing both ways too.

I wonder what Wilt would say about 'load management'.  I'm guessing if he actually did sleep with 20,000 women he wasn't too concerned with it.

If by chance Corral was there at 15, how pissed would you be if the Eagles took him? Who among you would not be?

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

If by chance Corral was there at 15, how pissed would you be if the Eagles took him? Who among you would not be?

Depends on what we passed up, and did we deal Hurts for value?

I'd be pissed/disappointed for sure, but the above will impact the magnitude.

Gotta think falcon taking wr and chiefs if they can get up will as well maybe it pushes Stingley to us at least a shot 

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I wouldn't be pissed but mostly because I'm pretty apathetic with the current state of the franchise. I don't think its ideal but it could possibly be another hedge in the finding a QB problem. 

Archived