EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, downundermike said:

Are they "realistic" though ??

:lol: I think so. 

Eagles trade #18 to the Steelers for #20 and #84 to move ahead of the Saints to grab Pickett.

Eagles trade #52 and #101 to the Seahawks for #40 to take Arnold Ebikete.

Eagles trade #83 and #124 to the Texans for #68 to take Alec Pierce.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

This will be me on draft night every time I read a post surprised how early the QBs are going:

See the source image

Yup 

For every team that takes a QB early it just pushes every better player at another position further down the board.

Here's to hoping qb needy teams use their 1st round picks on qbs so Howie can get a good player at another position or more likely join the stupid and take a 1st round QB☹️

1 minute ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Ideally, maybe, but I don't think they'd pay Mathieu his money and move Harris.  Not at this point. 

I'm pretty sure the interest is legit, but if we have NO's 1st next year I wouldn't be mad at all if Mathieu signs there.  Let them tie their cap up for a player that won't be able to overcome all the problems they're gonna have this season.

eh.... Mathieu makes them better. He might not single handedly bring them any/many wins. But I dont want to see them get any better.  If not here, I would rather see him sign with the Rams.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Yup 

For every team that takes a QB early it just pushes every better player at another position further down the board.

Here's to hoping qb needy teams use their 1st round picks on qbs so Howie can get a good player at another position or more likely join the stupid and take a 1st round QB☹️

If anyone truly thinks Howie isn't at least considering Pickett or Corral...then you don't understand Lowie's philosophy. I would bet against them pulling the trigger, but it's definitely a consideration. They're meeting/have met with both, which COULD just be a smokescreen of course to try and get someone to trade up.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

How about 15 for 29 and 30? C'mon Andy, I'll throw in a $1000 5 Guys gift card.

Just now, Outlaw said:

If anyone truly thinks Howie isn't at least considering Pickett or Corral...then you don't understand Lowie's philosophy. I would bet against them pulling the trigger, but it's definitely a consideration. They're meeting/have met with both, which COULD just be a smokescreen of course to try and get someone to trade up.

I don't think it's a smokescreen, I think they have legitimate Interest, hopefully not first round interest and hopefully not trade up Interest.

If Howie takes a QB in the first I won't be surprised, his QB factory shelves are a little scarce, I wouldn't be happy with a first round QB but wouldn't be surprised.

I think qbs that will be available in the 2nd have just as much promise as the guys that will go in the first.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Or they are taking the advantage of the process to get to know these guys so if they hit the market in a few years, the team already has some intelligence on them.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I don't think it's a smokescreen, I think they have legitimate Interest, hopefully not first round interest and hopefully not trade up Interest.

If Howie takes a QB in the first I won't be surprised, his QB factory shelves are a little scarce, I wouldn't be happy with a first round QB but wouldn't be surprised.

I think qbs that will be available in the 2nd have just as much promise as the guys that will go in the first.

I rank them:

R1- Corral, Pickett, Willis

R1/2- Howell, Ridder

R2/3- Strong

20 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I would rather draft DE, WR, CB, S over a DT in first two days. Actually there's a big drop-off at DT so I wouldn't be upset if they skipped it entirely. Hargrave gets re-signed and we take care of the other next year (unless Davis falls to #15)

Re-signing Hargrave would be a mistake. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Or they are taking the advantage of the process to get to know these guys so if they hit the market in a few years, the team already has some intelligence on them.

Definitely a possibility as well.

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Players like Williams, Burks, London, Olave could be there at 15. At least 2 of them will be. That's a good trade back partner.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Yep. They’ve done this a ton with QBs since Reid became coach. 

I missed on a NT. Probably coulda got that instead of Jurgens. But damnit this is good anyway. Plus, Akiem Hicks is still a free agent so its fine.

image.thumb.png.6d3ac42a6e9a45d67026edc5446c98ba.png

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup 

I'd be very surprised if there aren't 3 QBs drafted in the top 12 picks.  This assumes Jimmy G and Mayfield don't get signed before the draft.

Almost surely -- CAR (6), SEA (9)

Possibly  -- NYG (5,7), ATL (8), WASH (11), MIN (12)

Trading up? -- NO (16, 19), PIT (20), TEN (26)

I expect Pickett, Willis, and Corral will be off the board by the Eagles pick at #15.  Ridder could be gone by #20; it's possible even Howell could get drafted by #32. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I missed on a NT. Probably coulda got that instead of Jurgens. But damnit this is good anyway. Plus, Akiem Hicks is still a free agent so its fine.

image.thumb.png.6d3ac42a6e9a45d67026edc5446c98ba.png

Same thought but trade back with Packers who jump the Saints for a WR if they don't trade up:

image.png.bee8df69514dcb0c3e5d24099ddfe772.png

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I'd be very surprised if there aren't 3 QBs drafted in the top 12 picks.  This assumes Jimmy G and Mayfield don't get signed before the draft.

Almost surely -- CAR (6), SEA (9)

Possibly  -- NYG (5,7), ATL (8), WASH (11), MIN (12)

Trading up? -- NO (16, 19), PIT (20), TEN (26)

I expect Pickett, Willis, and Corral will be off the board by the Eagles pick at #15.  Ridder could be gone by #20; it's possible even Howell could get drafted by #32. 

I think Howell is being underrated a bit because of 2021, when he lost both starting WR's AND both starting RB's. His 2020 season when he had those weapons (who weren't even R1 talents themselves) he looked great.

I would not trade 15 or 18 for the Chiefs two picks. The bottom of the first round is an awful place to be. All the first round graded guys are usually gone, so you're paying 2nd round talents 1st round money. And the Eagles have a horrendous track record picking in that spot.

Say Stingley or Johnson or Williams are there. You'd really trade the opportunity to get difference making players at positions of need for those picks?

If the Chiefs throw in their 2023 1st, sure. But just trading down for those two picks? F no.

4 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Same thought but trade back with Packers who jump the Saints for a WR if they don't trade up:

image.png.bee8df69514dcb0c3e5d24099ddfe772.png

solid. So now you can potentially add Travis Jones to my draft, in round 2. 

I don't want to see the Eagles trading back in the draft.

They need premium talent, not second rounder talent.

If anything, trade up to get better players.

27 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I don't see the Eagles letting Hargrave walk. I bet he gets brought back on a two year deal (or extended).

Third contract at DT?  Not a great idea. 

Will the Ojabo-STANs stand up when the pick turns into Sidney Jones 2.0?

I love the guy, but I think recency bias will steer the FO away from that kind of pick.

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Will the Ojabo-STANs stand up when the pick turns into Sidney Jones 2.0?

I love the guy, but I think recency bias will steer the FO away from that kind of pick.

If Ojabo is a bust, it won't be because of the achilles, it'll be because he's not good. Sidney Jones just sucks. If he never tore his achilles, nothing would've been different.

I think he's less of a sure thing than other edge rushers, but his potential is off the charts. That said, I'm hoping Thibodeaux falls and the Eagles can move up a bit for him. He and Reddick would be a ridiculous pairing.

Archived