EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

No clue who this guy is but this would shock me if it came to pass after the trade we made:

Hurts and Willis similar? Now that’s racist. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Hurts and Willis similar? Now that’s racist. 

And incorrect.  Willis has a legit canon of an arm.

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Systemic racism applies to systems like racially restrictive covenants on deeds, redlining minority neighborhoods for financing by banks, USDA loans by local offices not loaning money to minority farmers, minorities being excluded from jury pools by white prosecutors, race based hiring and promotion practices, schools that discipline black students more than whites, or hold racially segregate proms,  there's a host of other examples where you can see wholesale discrimination against minorities. I am not sure why people are shocked. Any system that creates disparate outcomes for races has a  I mean how many time have you been in a situation where someone made a  racist remark?  Have you never seen someone treated differently because of their race? Have you never tried to google the term? It's not that hard to figure out and it shouldn't be hard to empathize with people when they are subjected to it.  

Well people use the term "systemic racism" a lot when it comes to incarceration numbers or police brutality. Dig a little deeper and you find out in many instances it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. And in instances where there are unfair sentences given to someone based on their race, it's more a racist individual abusing a system rather than the system itself. Few systems were designed to discriminate, as is implied by the term "systemic racism" but rather corrupt or bad people abusing said systems. And any system can be abused with the wrong people in power.

7 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

i would have to pay howie a visit

I don't think you would have to trade up for Ridder.  But 15 and Hurts to the Seahawks, would you do it ??

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Legit or using the Eagles to drive up price?

Probably legit considering they went hard after Marcus Williams

15 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

No clue who this guy is but this would shock me if it came to pass after the trade we made:

College football recruits writer for Yahoo sports.  Doubt he has any Eagles connections. 

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

please let this happen.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

College football recruits writer for Yahoo sports.  Doubt he has any Eagles connections. 

Wouldn’t make sense for eagles to trade up for a QB after the deal with the saints 

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Is he a former Penn State player ??

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Weidl’s son works for the Eagles as Director of College Scouting.  It is possible it is a merit hire. Some kids learn from their parents.

Or maybe he's just related to Andy.  It's hard to know but it doesn't seem like it's just merit. It's not that he's unqualified. He's among a lot of people that are equally well qualified and he got the job because of his dad. 

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Lots of smoke here. I don't see it happening though. 

It would be a double edged blade good move for the Eagles.  Bring in a play making safety with major clout and leadership while also keeping the Saints from improving and helping that 2023 1st round pick.  

He's turning 30 but safeties can be effective until 33-34.  It's possible.  

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Howie is signing him because he wants to make the NO pick better next season.  

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Lots of smoke here. I don't see it happening though. 

Being monitored

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Wouldn’t make sense for eagles to trade up for a QB after the deal with the saints 

Alot of what Howie  doesn't make much sense so...

27 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Heard the situation is being monitored.

Internet "reporter” not connected with the Eagles. Also reporting Saints interested.  Saints traded him first.  Doubt is strong on this report.  Seems like at most a call was made to drive up the cost.  

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

And that is exactly why they would do it.  Maybe they didn't want to have to pay a QB along with 2 other first round picks all at the same time.

Delayed one of those contracts a year now.

30 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Heard the situation is being monitored.

Just saying i said about 2-3 weeks ago they’d be in on him if he came at a reasonable draft capital price (and probably part of a watson deal if they made that move). They’ve been tied/ interested in him since the day he was drafted

Why not just wait till next year and trade for Zach Wilson 

He is a bust and will probably be available and this blog wanted him this time last year 😂😂

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just saying i said about 2-3 weeks ago they’d be in on him if he came at a reasonable draft capital price (and probably part of a watson deal if they made that move). They’ve been tied/ interested in him since the day he was drafted

Cooks has been passed around more than any player in history I swear lol. He was a top target of mine back in 2014 draft after Clinton-Dix

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And that is exactly why they would do it.  Maybe they didn't want to have to pay a QB along with 2 other first round picks all at the same time.

Delayed one of those contracts a year now.

If the Eagles want to get to the top 10 they will need to give up another 1st. Is there a world where they traded back to get the additional 2nd & 3rd only to trade next year's 1st to move up? Would be the strangest draft pick gymnastics I've ever seen

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

It doesnt matter if shes the best in the world at what she does. Or the worst for that matter. 

the PRESIDENT didnt give 2 Fs about her resume, or anyone else and just wanted the token black chic. He literally said it out loud. 

Yes he did which is the issue for most, they don't have a problem with her as a nominee they have a problem with the process of how she got there.

Step back and actually focus on her qualifications and she's just as qualified as anyone.

If Biden had just kept his mouth shut and said nothing and just nominated her then I'd assume some people wouldn't be upset at least about the process but they'd think of something else to be up set about because when it comes down to it, it's not really about race or gender it's about politics and both those parties are steeped In  or currently racist so...

12 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Nothing shows interest like a Zoom call. 

22 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

For who?

image.png.4696b51c8b5e72258dc7c0de1c7ac8d6.png

Archived