EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Smith is going to cost us like 25M+/year by the time he gets an extension at this rate.

Quez Watkins might cost $25M at this rate 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20m for a WR like Cooks???

Geez. Yeah, we need to draft a WR in the 1st, these salaries are ridiculous.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Quez Watkins might cost $25M at this rate 

Just needs Baalke in the bidding. 

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The WR market is drunk. Thanks, Jacksonville. 

We talked about WR vs DE pay rate a few weeks ago, and while I still don’t think WRs should get as much as they do (they’re basically the second-highest paid position despite routinely being one of the deepest positions in the draft year after year), I can’t ignore what the NFL is saying with their actions. 

The Eagles absolutely should take a first- or second-round WR. They’re too expensive to buy on FA nowadays. 

First 3 picks are WR, DL, CB in some order. The FA prices on those make it important to hit.

5 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Eli was an average at best QB almost his whole career. Carried to the Super Bowls by defense and some flukey plays. His INTs are insane. 

Luckiest QB to ever play the game.  Some say we caught lightning in a bottle once in 2017 where everything fell into place damned near perfectly.  Mr. Punchable face caught it twice.  He got hot for 3-4 game stretches at the right time (like how Foles got hot for 10 QTRs at the right time) along with the D stepping up big time and getting some huge lucky breaks like the off the helmet catch (the last catch of Tyree's career) and Asante Samuel dropping a sure game ending INT (and then we sign him to be a play maker on D).  Otherwise he was mediocre to average at best.

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Howie just trying to understand what a safety is.  

Well it did take him a very long time to figure out we needed a LB

3 hours ago, Utebird said:

That is an atrocious list.

I used to laugh at the redskins when they had large amount of dead money for guys like Bruce Smith that were retired.

And here at the top of this ugly list is Malik Jackson.

That's some high level idiocy by Howie.

Yet Lurie approves. He said as much in his owner’s meeting PC.

Is the RB FA market dried up? You'd think if Hurts was starting then we're still a run first team. We need another RB and preferably one that'll just go straight and not dance

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Is the RB FA market dried up? You'd think if Hurts was starting then we're still a run first team. We need another RB and preferably one that'll just go straight and not dance

I’m sure Howard will be brought back

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Howie just trying to understand what a safety is.  

There's barely any free agent safeties left at this point.Pretty bad. They need to change these ridiculous views on safety and LB. It's a joke

5 hours ago, Swoop said:

Say what you will, but I for one am beyond giddy for the meme potential with Jojo.

EMB funny YES.jpg

16 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

20m for a WR like Cooks???

Geez. Yeah, we need to draft a WR in the 1st, these salaries are ridiculous.

Good thing we’re trying to make rushing great again

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Best available still per sportTrac

Screenshot_20220407-202055.thumb.png.5c331e34f67507207fa64676094c89fc.png

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

For who?

image.png.4696b51c8b5e72258dc7c0de1c7ac8d6.png

Still my theory. My gut feeling still hasnt changed, even after the Saints trade. 

Howie is big brained. Don’t have to overpay WRs if you don’t have WRs worthy of a 2nd contract. 

47 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maybe they think theyre going to sign a safety, bring in a nice partner for Smith at WR, and trade up for a QB thats going to help them win real soon.

I dont think theres a QB that makes that likely. But maybe Im wrong and theyre right. 

You don't really believe that.

99% chance it means nothing, but Deebo deleted all his Niners stuff from social media. If the Niners put him on the market, what would you be willing to trade?

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

99% chance it means nothing, but Deebo deleted all his Niners stuff from social media. If the Niners put him on the market, what would you be willing to trade?

To have to give up way more than a 1st and pay him 30+ a year. People forget his injury prone he was before this year.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Nothing cause im not paying a WR/H-back 30 mill a year. 

2 hours ago, austinfan said:

It's no different than Trump saying I'm going to nominate an activist conservative justice, which pretty much limited to a white catholic or evangelical conservative, as a political sop to his coalition. In both cases, it was about politics, not judicial merit.

But there was no way Trump was going to nominate a first class legal mind like Roberts, because he'd be too independent.

Roberts does seem to get the role of Chief Justice.  

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Nothing cause im not paying a WR/H-back 30 mill a year. 

That is going to be the going rate going forward for stud WRs. So at some point, if the Eagles get some stud WRs in their future, you would keep trading all of them every time they were due for a new contract?

5 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

I have a feeling we draft Ojabo in the 1st round

Agree. There was the rumor the eagles wanted to trade up for him. Now they can have him at a bargain. The saints trade suggests they are not necessarily looking to maximize short term impact, so taking Ojabo makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

aoit.gif

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

That is going to be the going rate going forward for stud WRs. So at some point, if the Eagles get some stud WRs in their future, you would keep trading all of them every time they were due for a new contract?

Rather trade that stud for 4 first rounders since that will be the going rate for stud WRs by then. 

Archived