EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

18 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Because the money? The cap is a joke. One restructure away from fitting him if they wanted to.

I didn't say "cant happen". It's not going to happen because they are going to try to bargain bin him. If the Saints and Rams are in on him, Eagles are going to have to overpay, not "have interest at the right price."

Eagles also don't really have one restructure left in the tank either, unless they do something with Hargrave. They are pretty maxed out. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

The Bills traded Cordy Glenn to move up from like 21 to 12. 

Great example.  Glenn, 21 and a fifth got the Bills 12 and a 6th

On March 12, 2018, the Bills agreed to trade Glenn, the 21st overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft, and a 2018 fifth round pick to the Cincinnati Bengals in exchange for the 2018 12th overall pick and a 2018 sixth round pick[/quote/

1 minute ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I’m sorry but Anthony Harris is trash, to not do better than that is embarrassing. 

Yup, bringing Harris back is almost admitting one has given up on the position and is just settling for whatever one can get.

The eagles easily have the worst group of safeties and worst pair of starting safeties in the league which is odd seeing as in 2017 they were among the top in resources allocated to safety and among the top of the league in talent at safety.

Now it's like they treat Safety like the rest of the league treats FB.🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

I can't remember the last time a team traded a player to move up. Does that even happen?

Pretty sure we saw it happened with Ravens trading Jernigan to us several years ago

It happens all the time when you consider pick swaps. Amari Cooper would fall under trading a player to move up since they moved up in the 6th via pick swap. 

FWIW, a trade up from #18 to #10 would probably cost something like #51 and #166 -- although Hurts and pick #124 to move to #9 does sound a lot better.

27 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, not happening 

He has said he's not looking for the most money this year. Right fit.

But who knows what that means.  If it means a contender,  then it's not us.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

lol "information-gathering stage" in April. What a joke. 

By the way, who is this Honey Badger guy ??  Never head of him.  Hopefully the Eagles gather some good information on him and tell us who he is, what kind of player he is.  I need the information gathered.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I gathered enough information last year to know if its Harris and Epps starting at safety it’s going to be an issue. 

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Well people use the term "systemic racism" a lot when it comes to incarceration numbers or police brutality. Dig a little deeper and you find out in many instances it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. And in instances where there are unfair sentences given to someone based on their race, it's more a racist individual abusing a system rather than the system itself. Few systems were designed to discriminate, as is implied by the term "systemic racism" but rather corrupt or bad people abusing said systems. And any system can be abused with the wrong people in power.

The term systemic is used to describe the impact.  It is often bad actors in place taking bad actions but it doesn't take a lot.  I am not sure how you can study in detail in the criminal justice system without seeing it.  Facially neutral laws are applied differently between minority and white defendants.  The rates of punishment by incarceration are just much higher for minorities vs. white defendants.  We had a Batson decision this year in NC overturning a conviction.  Batson challenges are routinely successful.  It's hard to me to believe racial bias doesn't drive large parts of the disparate outcomes.  

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I gathered enough information last year to know if its Harris and Epps starting at safety it’s going to be an issue. 

Don't worry, this year will be Wallace time to shine. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's being monitored at this time.

Burglars be like it’s nacho cheese  they had grater plans for the cheese… up to no Gouda 

31 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes he did which is the issue for most, they don't have a problem with her as a nominee they have a problem with the process of how she got there.

Step back and actually focus on her qualifications and she's just as qualified as anyone.

If Biden had just kept his mouth shut and said nothing and just nominated her then I'd assume some people wouldn't be upset at least about the process but they'd think of something else to be up set about because when it comes down to it, it's not really about race or gender it's about politics and both those parties are steeped In  or currently racist so...

It's no different than Trump saying I'm going to nominate an activist conservative justice, which pretty much limited to a white catholic or evangelical conservative, as a political sop to his coalition. In both cases, it was about politics, not judicial merit.

But there was no way Trump was going to nominate a first class legal mind like Roberts, because he'd be too independent.

The Eagles, once they have concluded their information gathering stage of free agent safeties 

Eagles' Rodney McLeod agrees to restructured contract | How will his 2019  return impact the secondary? Contract details (UPDATE) - nj.com

53 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The Eagles, once they have concluded their information gathering stage of free agent safeties 

Eagles' Rodney McLeod agrees to restructured contract | How will his 2019  return impact the secondary? Contract details (UPDATE) - nj.com

probably.  On a one year contract, spread over two years on the cap, with 3 void years tacked on for good measure.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

The media, and most of the world would melt down. It would be a headline on every newspaper, on every channel.

My guess is a lot of cities would burn down in "mostly peaceful protests" to be honest. 

Then you are racist, because that would not be an issue that would motivate urban protests.

The strongest opponents of "conservative" justices have been feminists afraid that Roe v Wade would be overturned - however, that would end up being a disaster for the Republican party.

I'm just hoping that medical people will violate Hippa to expose the wives, daughters and mistresses of Republic red state politicians and lobbyists who get abortions - because all those laws are aimed at poor women, women with money just jump on a plane. Of course, the great irony is that this will just speed up the "replacement" of white people as it increases the birth rate of poor colored women - it's tough being a White Nationalist these days.

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Burglars be like it’s nacho cheese  they had grater plans for the cheese… up to no Gouda 

Ya know we can keep these things going if you don't hog 3 puns in 1 post cheese dick?!!

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Ya know we can keep these things going if you don't hog 3 puns in 1 post cheese dick?!!

I got some more. The burglars called themselves the curds of prey. 

That's whey too far to carry these puns.

19 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

The media, and most of the world would melt down. It would be a headline on every newspaper, on every channel.

My guess is a lot of cities would burn down in "mostly peaceful protests" to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Then you are racist, because that would not be an issue that would motivate urban protests.

The strongest opponents of "conservative" justices have been feminists afraid that Roe v Wade would be overturned - however, that would end up being a disaster for the Republican party.

I'm just hoping that medical people will violate Hippa to expose the wives, daughters and mistresses of Republic red state politicians and lobbyists who get abortions - because all those laws are aimed at poor women, women with money just jump on a plane. Of course, the great irony is that this will just speed up the "replacement" of white people as it increases the birth rate of poor colored women - it's tough being a White Nationalist these days.

Popcorn Yaffa GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

What kid of muensters would steal $23K worth of 'ukn cheese?  

Archived