EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Howie is big brained. Don’t have to overpay WRs if you don’t have WRs worthy of a 2nd contract. 

next-level-thats-what-we-need.gif

Next level thinking there.  Always one step ahead.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the chaos and meltdown on this board if they traded up to draft Ridder would be spectacular 

Howie taking advantage of the Congress finally passing an anti lynching act.

5 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Let me just remind everyone that the blog is reserved for people complaining about the team's black quarterback being handed the starting job because of systemic biases against white people.

There are other forums to discuss how systemic biases against white people are costing them Supreme Court justice positions. Please remember to use the correct forum to air your grievances.

Wrong*. 

That's YOUR problem.  YOU think it's about race when it's about Hurts' lack of skill set.  I would think that 99% of us here don't care about skin colour.  FFS, you have guys who have worshiped Reggie and BDawk (and JB99 would be up there with them if not for his untimely death, "They brought the house, we brought the pain" is so Philly) along with other players of color over the years (mad respect to BWest for playing at Nova and then being such a weapon at RB for us for all those years and being a standup guy as a person and player).  Stop using that excuse as a crutch.  It's not because Hurts is black, it's because his ceiling is LOW.  Sorry you can't see that. 

Randall needed a top notch OC and skill players on O.  If Buddy would have done that for him then maybe we win a SB and he's beloved in Philly like Foles.  If McNabb learned to get his worm burners out of his system before taking the field and had a better mental makeup (look what he's been like since retirement, TWO DUIs) then maybe we win another one.  We gave Vick a chance after he nearly wrecked his career and we all remember him for an emotional and remarkable comeback vs a hated division rival and his Fantasy Football pinball scoring game on MNF opening night vs another hated division rival. 

But keep on trollin', bottom feeder and make this about race when it's NOT.  Huh, is jojodancer YOUR burner account? 

And Hurts WAS handed the starting job because Lowie can't have egg on their face after the QB they traded up for decided he wanted out instead of playing for them (and name another team who has drafted their backup QB with a 2nd Round pick).  There were no other options going into 2021.  Though, there should be an open QB competition between Hurts and Minshew for 2022. 

Hurts comes from a football family where his dad has been a HS HC for 2 schools.  He played for 2 of the biggest programs in college and got coaching from Daboll one year and had the most hands on HC for QBs in Riley.  He's had better coaching than most of his piers at the same point so he should be better off for it, but he's not.  He just doesn't have 'it'.  He has too many flaws in his game to fix by his next contract.  Has NOTHING to do with race.  Most of us here just don't think he's good enough.  If we thought he was, and had the talents of Randall/McNabb/Vick then the posts about him would be different.

*trademark of @HazletonEagle

What’s the point of fighter/bombers and tanks these days?  Sure looks like drones, guided missiles and portable anti aircraft missiles and anti tank missiles are winning over those antiquated weapons in the Battle for Ukraine.  Pentagon budget from both sides needs to be rethought a bit. 

24 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

99% chance it means nothing, but Deebo deleted all his Niners stuff from social media. If the Niners put him on the market, what would you be willing to trade?

Why would they trade him? Does he want WR money? Wasn't he getting used as a RB as well?

15 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Hurts comes from a football family where his dad has been a HS HC for 2 schools.  He played for 2 of the biggest programs in college and got coaching from Daboll one year and had the most hands on HC for QBs in Riley.  He's had better coaching than most of his piers at the same point so he should be better off for it, but he's not.  He just doesn't have 'it'.  He has too many flaws in his game to fix by his next contract.  Has NOTHING to do with race.  Most of us here just don't think he's good enough.  If we thought he was, and had the talents of Randall/McNabb/Vick then the posts about him would be different.

A masterpiece... other than this one little blemish.   :sad:   So close to perfection.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

A masterpiece... other than this one little blemish.   :sad:   So close to perfection.

I've been drinking after a long day of work where I had to 'clopen' so I went for the first thing that popped into my scattered noggin.  Math and science is my strong point (scored 540 on the math part of the SATs when I was 13yo before I even had Algebra, was chosen as part of an elite group of students to take them at that age and if I didn't have that buxom 18yo HS SR next to me to distract me I would have score better), where spelling and language are trailing.  Though, I do try to be a stickler for grammar.  Their/There/They're.  Than and then.  Etc. 

I know you're (and not your) a teacher so I give you license to correct me.  And I appreciate your objectivity in your posts.  Thank you, sir.

30 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

That's YOUR problem.  YOU think it's about race when it's about Hurts' lack of skill set. 

And Hurts WAS handed the starting job because Lowie can't have egg on their face after the QB they traded up for decided he wanted out instead of playing for them (and name another team who has drafted their backup QB with a 2nd Round pick).  There were no other options going into 2021.  Though, there should be an open QB competition between Hurts and Minshew for 2022.

Here's where you tell on yourself. You just assume that Hurts was handed the job. You can't wrap your head around the fact that maybe he earned it by being the best option.

Do you really think that the team is playing an inferior qb in Hurts so that the owner can save face? Maybe you think Minshew is better, but maybe there is also a reason you post on a message board and don't work for an NFL team.

There is a world where Hurts is a better qb than Minshew. And that is the world where people who get paid millions of dollars to make these kind of decisions don't play inferior players just to save face. That is a construct that exists only in your twisted mind. Have you ever considered, maybe for one second, that your view of the world is the one that is incorrect, and that reality not bending itself to meet your expectations and outcomes is more a you problem then a reality problem?   

5 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I've been drinking after a long day of work where I had to 'clopen' so I went for the first thing that popped into my scattered noggin.  Math and science is my strong point (scored 540 on the math part of the SATs when I was 13yo before I even had Algebra, was chosen as part of an elite group of students to take them at that age and if I didn't have that buxom 18yo HS SR next to me to distract me I would have score better), where spelling and language are trailing.  Though, I do try to be a stickler for grammar.  Their/There/They're.  Than and then.  Etc. 

I know you're (and not your) a teacher so I give you license to correct me.  And I appreciate your objectivity in your posts.  Thank you, sir.

All good.  I scored over 200 points higher on my SAT math than my ELA.  ;)   It's a constant struggle for me, too.  

Glad you can take some good natured ribbing from won of you're  image.png.f4fd387d439aa8cf4cd32d1be361f23c.png:lol: 

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Here's where you tell on yourself. You just assume that Hurts was handed the job You can't wrap your head around the fact that maybe he earned it by being the best option.

Do you really think that the team is playing an inferior qb in Hurts so that the owner can save face? Maybe you think Minshew is better, but maybe there is also a reason you post on a message board and don't work for an NFL team.

There is a world where Hurts is a better qb than Minshew. And that is the world where people who get paid millions of dollars to make these kind of decisions don't play inferior players just to save face. That is a construct that exists only in your twisted mind. Have you ever considered, maybe for one second, that your view of the world is the one that is incorrect, and that reality not bending itself to meet your expectations and outcomes is more a you problem then a reality problem?   

:lol:. Yeah, no NFL team has ever done that before... ever.   

48 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

next-level-thats-what-we-need.gif

Next level thinking there.  Always one step ahead.

Howie should be a supreme. 

21 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He meant Piers Morgan

37 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

What’s the point of fighter/bombers and tanks these days?  Sure looks like drones, guided missiles and portable anti aircraft missiles and anti tank missiles are winning over those antiquated weapons in the Battle for Ukraine.  Pentagon budget from both sides needs to be rethought a bit. 

Dont over react to any one conflict.

tanks and bombers obviously still provide immense value. Maybe the planes more

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Here's where you tell on yourself. You just assume that Hurts was handed the job You can't wrap your head around the fact that maybe he earned it by being the best option.

JJAW

Reagor

/discussion

Also, do YOU work for an NFL team?  Otherwise, we're just all schmuck fans with opinions.  And if you ARE working for an NFL team then why the F are you here?  Get to work, dope.

Fact is, Minshew produced better stats with an ishier team than Hurts.  He's only 2 years older than Hurts, but for some reason he IS the finished product and can't improve where Hurts needs more time to improve while they've started a similar number of games.  But keep painting with that broad race coloured brush.  YOU are the one that's telling.  I deal in science and 1s and 0s and not emotion.  The math states that Hurts has a limited ceiling and most us here have stated that Minshew is ONLY a stopgap and NOT the long term solution, which you seem to choose to ignore.  Most of us know we are in a transition/rebuilding state and have stated that Hurts is not the long term answer to the QB issue and that we don't know what the answer is to the long term QB question.  But, when you do know what the answer is NOT then you roll the dice on what the answer could be and take your chances. 

7 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

He meant Piers Morgan

No.  I used to surf ages ago so that's what stuck in my mind.  Thanks for the humour, though.  It was not lost on me.

6 hours ago, vikas83 said:

No chance this happens...but I'd sign up for this

image.thumb.png.ec888f349f50d5d133c6e13854e2c8ee.png

Sorry, but after today, nobody name Jojo.

8 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I deal in science and 1s and 0s and not emotion.  The math states that Hurts has a limited ceiling and most us here have stated that Minshew is ONLY a stopgap and NOT the long term solution, which you seem to choose to ignore.

You deal in science and yet you know what Hurts' ceiling is? And you know that Minshew is better?

That's not science, that's you getting over your skis. Stick to science, football ain't your thing.

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

You deal in science and yet you know what Hurts' ceiling is? And you know that Minshew is better?

That's not science, that's you getting over your skis. Stick to science, football ain't your thing.

Minshew has done more in his career with less.

27 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

All good.  I scored over 200 points higher on my SAT math than my ELA.  ;)   It's a constant struggle for me, too.  

Glad you can take some good natured ribbing from won of you're  image.png.f4fd387d439aa8cf4cd32d1be361f23c.png:lol: 

Don’t they let kids take calculators in to the test nowadays?

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Don’t they let kids take calculators in to the test nowadays?

Yes.   Then again... I took it in the dark ages.  lol

29 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Dont over react to any one conflict.

tanks and bombers obviously still provide immense value. Maybe the planes more

Why man a plane when a guided missile will do. Rather than losing planes, Russia is basically using them as platforms in Russian airspace. These pocket drones seem highly effective.  Why use a tank when a drone will do?  Just seems like we are mired in WWII way of thinking. Of course, armament is a big business and a huge employment fix for Congress.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes.   Then again... I took it in the dark ages.  lol

I think back then we were allowed to use calculators, but I refused.  Something weird about me, but I still enjoy doing math in my head.  A lost art form.

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Why man a plane when a guided missile will do. Rather than losing planes, Russia is basically using them as platforms in Russian airspace. These pocket drones seem highly effective.  Why use a tank when a drone will do?  Just seems like we are mired in WWII way of thinking. Of course, armament is a big business and a huge employment fix for Congress.

The Marines are getting rid of tanks

26 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Sorry, but after today, nobody name Jojo.

Anybody that clones using a name from some teenybopper, bow in the hair, influencer went on Ignore faster than any WR E45 covets. 

Archived