EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Elon just threw a banger behind my neighborhood. My invite was lost in the mail.

5D6D0E63-F1D3-4D12-B326-C3DA7920958D.png

6AE9D91F-57A5-41B9-AC02-58DA7315A885.png

drove by it on my way home from Austin Motocross park tonight....looked awesome, that factory is HUGE!!!!

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DoWorx said:

drove by it on my way home from Austin Motocross park tonight....looked awesome, that factory is HUGE!!!!

Massive

I got recruited to work at the gigafactory but apparently they have a reputation of working you to the bone. That's a hard pass for me.

500 hours to go. We’re getting there.

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

500 hours to go. We’re getting there.

image.gif.14630b91ab25fab0b36eed7dcf12e7ba.gif

Howie seems to be using some sort of honeypot strategy, to be where teams want to be.

Any of you think it was interesting that we are positioned right before the Saints in both first round picks, in a deep draft? Where weak QB classes usually have QBs go?

Many mocks in the mock section of this site has the Lions trying to outbid the Steelers to jump the Saints.

If that's the case, we could end up with 3 firsts in the 2023 draft.

43 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Elon just threw a banger behind my neighborhood. My invite was lost in the mail.

5D6D0E63-F1D3-4D12-B326-C3DA7920958D.png

6AE9D91F-57A5-41B9-AC02-58DA7315A885.png

Note to self buy dogecoin :smoke:

4 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Have any WR’s in the draft visited with the Eagles yet? 

Alec Pierce and Kyle Phillips to appease all the EMB racists. 

14 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Have any WR’s in the draft visited with the Eagles yet? 

We spent some time with the physical specimen:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1507033751498461194?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1507033751498461194|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthelibertyline.com%2F2022%2F03%2F25%2Feagles-coach-christian-watson-pro-day%2F

Aaron Moorehead in the windbreaker, our WR coach

4 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Howie seems to be using some sort of honeypot strategy, to be where teams want to be.

Any of you think it was interesting that we are positioned right before the Saints in both first round picks, in a deep draft? Where weak QB classes usually have QBs go?

Many mocks in the mock section of this site has the Lions trying to outbid the Steelers to jump the Saints.

If that's the case, we could end up with 3 firsts in the 2023 draft.

I thought the Saints will trade up so another team will end up at 16 and 19, so we wanted to stay ahead. Now obviously would have liked 15 and 16 better than 15 and 18 but it is what it is..

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Why man a plane when a guided missile will do. Rather than losing planes, Russia is basically using them as platforms in Russian airspace. These pocket drones seem highly effective.  Why use a tank when a drone will do?  Just seems like we are mired in WWII way of thinking. Of course, armament is a big business and a huge employment fix for Congress.

Russia is taking huge huge losses , starting to pull back in many areas . This conflict will be over sooner rather than later . Russia just can’t sustain the losses on the battlefield and at home economically 

11 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

20 million a year for Brandin Cooks.....ridiculous 

That has to be one of the bigger headscratcher contracts to date this FA period.  Crazy money for him.

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

Cooks getting 20M/Y should be a green light to selecting WR in RD1.

Is Howie the one making that selection?  If so, that should definitely be no higher than a yellow light.

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

That has to be one of the bigger headscratcher contracts to date this FA period.  Crazy money for him.

Non-Jaguars edition, anyway…

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Why man a plane when a guided missile will do. Rather than losing planes, Russia is basically using them as platforms in Russian airspace. These pocket drones seem highly effective.  Why use a tank when a drone will do?  Just seems like we are mired in WWII way of thinking. Of course, armament is a big business and a huge employment fix for Congress.

No it's not.

:ph34r:

37 minutes ago, RLC said:

Cooks getting 20M/Y should be a green light to selecting WR in RD1.

Jameson Williams is the only WR with any value for us in round 1.

His type (SEC blazing deep threat with proven production) goes top 10-12 every year, inching earlier every year.

An ACL that presents no long term problems might drop him to 15.  

I have reservations about going WR with the current QB situation, but I think Williams is the unique value with our first round pick.  

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

You're allowed to draft a WR in the first next year...when we have a QB. (hopefully) or even the following year. 

A WR in the first round AT best is WR2 and the 5th option in this offense. 

With as many holes as we have, with a terrible QB, drafting a 5th option is SILLY. 

Unless they are confident they can somehow still get qb addressed later.  

16 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Yes but he walked that back later and embraced affirmative action.  Bit of cherry picking history with that one.  (Don’t worry, most historians do it.)

Problem is most attempts at improving diversity must rely in part on a level of discrimination.  We saw one of those with hiring over the last few years.  Some of the old white guys that got laid off had difficulty getting back in the workforce to the point we had some retiring earlier than they wanted.  I know several that lost out on positions to similarly or less qualified women or minorities. Now, old white guys probably were making more money in their previous jobs and there may have been a bit of wage inequality involved with the hiring decision, but I also suspect there was a bit of "we have plenty of old white guys, we need to diversify the workforce so let’s go with the woman and/or minority candidate.  We can do without that bit of extra experience the old white guy has.”  There is no simple solution as the NFL has learned with the Rooney rule now version 4.0.  As I said at the start of this conversation, that is why I suspect the Flores suit may do more harm than good.

Umm I think he was killed one day later, so it couldn't have been too much longer. That said discrimination is wrong all the way around or it isn't.  You pick

"I don’t know who would want to trade with Philly,” an exec said. "Howie has a little bit of a Danny Ainge syndrome. If he is making a deal with you, he has identified something. That is his bread and butter. Now, granted, he is in a position of leverage because he has three first-round picks or whatever it was. And Howie has the ability to think long term, because he is going to be there next year.”

1 hour ago, greend said:

Umm I think he was killed one day later, so it couldn't have been too much longer. That said discrimination is wrong all the way around or it isn't.  You pick

I think you are conflating his "I Have a Dream" Speech, with his "I Have Been to the Mountaintop" Speech.  I don't recall if he reiterated his dream in that speech or not, but regardless of whether or not King backed off his statement from 1963... that statement should be the goal for any society.   No one should be judged on the basis of the color of their skin, their nationality, their ethnicity, or any other immutable property a person has, but on the content of their character.  For the record, I don't believe in different races.  We are all of the same race, and we all have the same problem. (Which I know you know... ) No one is righteous, no, not one.  

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Can we not keep the trend of these (almost) fully guaranteed contracts going?

Archived