EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Thanks guys. With that being said, do we possibly have a Sidney Jones situation on our hands and would you like that move?

I'd be okay with it.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Dean needs to play a very specific role. But again if we are basically running the Georgia defense, he has that role here and will be successful in it. 

I dont think Chenal and Muma are guys who necessarily fit what we are trying to do. 

Smith has a ridiculous % of missed tackles and would be Singleton all over again. 

It seems Dean, and Anderson are the 2 most likely when trying to be eagles specific (and hopefully ruling out the guy who literally cant tackle).

I'd take Andersen over Dean. Smith is defffffinitely raw, but his measurables are outstanding.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Howie wanted to pander to the fan base, he'd be better off drafting someone from Alabama 

1 minute ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Thanks guys. With that being said, do we possibly have a Sidney Jones situation on our hands and would you like that move?

It's a weird situation since you're betting on a one year wonder (who was on a DL with Hutchinson) who tore his achilles so close to the draft. With nothing at DE outside of Sweat in 2023 it's putting a lot of chips into one basket. Assuming Graham is gone at 35 years old and Barnett won't make a miraculous turnaround. If we didn't use 101 and 124 in trades I'd probably be more willing to take the risk but we don't have as much wiggle room now.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Thoughts here on Booth and Gordon?

A lot of mixed opinions on them. Some really like them, some don’t.

CB is probably the biggest position of need, but they may not be the best players available or rather, the players with the highest upside. Booth and Gordon seem like "safe” players to me. They’ll probably not suck. But also probably won’t be dynamic playmakers either.

But Ojabo and potentially Mafe could be. And some others available.

Either will take a trade up most likely.

1 minute ago, St0nedsk8er said:

How far do you see him dropping ? Is he a reach with our 2nd?

I don't think he drops much. The injury is a concern but he's super young and hasn't even played football much. I can see teams thinking there is a lot of untapped potential. I wouldn't call it a reach at all at 51. Not super concerned about taking him after the Sidney Jones fiasco. People blame the injury for him failing but he may have just been a bust. 

25 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How is Brisker pandering to the fan base?  Penn State?  You'd be surprised how little connection Philly and PSU has.  It's a weird dynamic really.  

@Utebird Penn State is way over on the west side of the state.   Steelers country in PA extends out to Lancaster County... not much Eagles stuff goes further west than that.  Rural PA is almost all Steelers.  

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

There are more PSU/Steeler fans than there are PSU/Eagle fans.  Mostly because of the center 2/3rds of the state.  Bandwagon yinzers that drink boilo and wear jerseys to church  PSU sucks.  

😄

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Football analytics Twitter usually annoys me because of galaxy-brained BS like this.

I think I kinda get his argument? He's just explaining it in a really stupid way

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'd be okay with it.

I'd take Andersen over Dean. Smith is defffffinitely raw, but his measurables are outstanding.

Smith is the most athletic LB to come out of college in the past 25 years. But Im not sure you can take on such another huge project. You have Anderson with that kind of size and athleticism who should be just as raw but somehow seems to know what he is doing much, much more. 

I misspoke about missed tackles though. That is Christian Harris with the Singleton disease. 15.7% missed tackle rate. That guy, I dont know if you can even consider him on day 2 because that is so bad.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Smith is the most athletic LB to come out of college in the past 25 years. But Im not sure you can take on such another huge project. You have Anderson with that kind of size and athleticism who should be just as raw but somehow seems to know what he is doing much, much more. 

I misspoke about missed tackles though. That is Christian Harris with the Singleton disease. 15.7% missed tackle rate. 

We can carry a developmental LB because White/Edwards/Reddick are the starters.

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Thoughts here on Booth and Gordon?

A lot of mixed opinions on them. Some really like them, some don’t.

CB is probably the biggest position of need, but they may not be the best players available or rather, the players with the highest upside. Booth and Gordon seem like "safe” players to me. They’ll probably not suck. But also probably won’t be dynamic playmakers either. Do you take a guy with #2 corner ceiling in the 2nd round?

But Ojabo and potentially Mafe could be. And some others available.

Frankly don’t think Gordon or booth make it to 51. 

I have not read all of this morning’s posts, but based on a scan, I have two points to make:

1) When analysts say a draft is deep, it does not mean rounds 4 through 7 are chock full of 1st and 2nd round talent. It means there are talented players in rounds 2 and 3 and maybe, just maybe, it is a bit more likely than usual that, for instance, there will be a 4th round talent there when you pick in the 5th round. Rounds 4 and beyond are still a complete crapshoot with players that have big question marks about whether they can make their skill sets work at the NFL level.  So the Eagles did not give up several future Hall-of-Famers by trading away 4th and 5th round picks.

2) Get over the Cox re-signing. The whole cut and re-sign maneuver was simply a very complex and ingenious contract restructure to move already committed dollars where the Eagles preferred them to be from a salary cap standpoint.

I've seen people in here complaining about what good are these good receivers if Hurts can't get them the ball. Well we're about to find out far more definitively what Hurts can or can't be. Sheil Kapadia made a point that I hadn't considered. By doing it this way around and putting all the other pieces in place before the QB, we'd be a much more appealing destination for a good QB next offseason. Presents another avenue to acquiring that QB.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Imagine spending the last 5 years telling everyone how right you were about the bad draft choices Howie has made, while also claiming that Howie is an elite GM.  

That's some Jalen Hurts spin right there.  

there is nuance in the explanation of how both of those things can be possible. But nuance is not your strong suit. At all. 

Just now, RLC said:

He prefers to be known now as Kyzir Caucasian.  It’s less racist. 

34 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Glass half full =/= glass half empty

Yeah - he used a lot of picks to get 2 players. But when looking at Howies normal hit rate, it's on par with his usual results. We used 6 picks to get a DT and WR, and it takes Howie 3 WR picks in the draft to get one. At least we know Brown is a good WR?

So, we are grading on a curve now?

Tonight should be secondary. This off season we got a pass rusher. Shored up Dline. Got a one receiver. We are the eagles so LB ain't happening. So time for a CB and a S. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

@Utebird Penn State is way over on the west side of the state.   Steelers country in PA extends out to Lancaster County... not much Eagles stuff goes further west than that.  Rural PA is almost all Steelers.  

Maybe one of these days I'll get out to PA and see it all for myself.

Not sure why this is in Spanish🤔

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

@greend is the last hold out which explains all his guns.

34 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's somehow a better take than trading a 1 & 3 for a WR, and then trading a 2 & 3 to draft another one. 

Which is hard to believe...

Just now, bbabraham said:

I've seen people in here complaining about what good are these good receivers if Hurts can't get them the ball. Well we're about to find out far more definitively what Hurts can or can't be. Sheil Kapadia made a point that I hadn't considered. By doing it this way around and putting all the other pieces in place before the QB, we'd be a much more appealing destination for a good QB next offseason. Presents another avenue to acquiring that QB.

Made this point last night when the trade was made. If hurts doesn’t workout you give the next QB the best chance and opportunity to succeed with the oline and weapons you have in place.  Also if a veteran QB becomes available it’s much more appealing and if it’s a rookie they move up to get he’s given the the best chance to succeed. 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  I have a buddy of mine that lives in a dumpy town not too far from H.E. and there are times the Eagles game is bumped for the Steelers.  

wrong. It may happen once a year when the schedule works just so where the eagles are the home team playing an AFC team so Fox isnt carrying it, and Fox has a stupid Pittsburg or Cleveland game because they are playing the next closest NFC market. 

You got the wrong impression that eagles games are bumped in eastern PA for Steelers because of the market. Do more research. Learn how things work and where the hell the market for your favorite team actually is. 

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

we also already have one though. 

Archived