EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think I kinda get his argument? He's just explaining it in a really stupid way

It's armchair BS based on some predictor model. Let's make some assumptions since that predictor surely is.

Eagles have Jameson Williams and Jordan Davis way ahead of everyone else on the board. Jermaine Johnson isn't considered because of character, Kyle Hamilton is slightly downgraded due to positional value. Williams come off the board at 12.

Let's say you take your 55% chance and you're wrong. Hamilton at 13. Davis at 14. Would you feel good about the lesser player at 15 and the day 3 picks?

I wouldn't.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If Howie wanted to pander to the fan base, he'd be better off drafting someone from Alabama 

I'd expand it to the SEC, in general.  

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The best pick of that trio was a round 1 RB, lol 

54 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

love how defensive you and mike are of your little mock draft section :lol:

thats lowest common denominator daft talk type stuff. If you know as much as you think you do come where people read posts and share the knowledge you have. 

I know you posted a bunch in here. But, just saying- thats the last place anyone is looking for knowledge on the board.

all that draft knowledge you possess & you make no money from it lmao 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The internal struggle of deciding if you want to have Hurts or trade for Lamar Jackson to be QB1

Kombucha Girl GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

ah...  

NO to both. 

When do the running backs start going off the board?  Some good talent that's going to drop.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

However I already told you I dont do as many as them. And you could go back through this thread and count if youd like. Youll find a bunch of people did many more than me. 

I'm gonna guess you posted at least 20.  I didn't post any, so there.  BTW, I'm in the mood to be in a pissing match for the next 90 minutes.  Fire away.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The best pick of that trio was a round 1 RB, lol 

That's some epic fail.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

When do the running backs start going off the board?  Some good talent that's going to drop.

Probably after the qbs go today.🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Tonight in R2. Bills?

I was away for a few hours.

Has last night become a disaster yet?

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

all that draft knowledge you possess & you make no money from it lmao 

there is really an unfathomable amount of knowledge that exists, and people possess but do not monetize. There is literally no point in your post. 

There are even other people on this board who would claim to be a better draft nerd than me, and they dont monetize it either. 

Thats pretty much what you call a hobby. Hobbies are normal things. Whats funny about a hobby? 

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

It's armchair BS based on some predictor model. Let's make some assumptions since that predictor surely is.

Eagles have Jameson Williams and Jordan Davis way ahead of everyone else on the board. Jermaine Johnson isn't considered because of character, Hamilton is slightly downgraded due to positional value. Williams come off the board at 12.

Let's say you take your 55% chance and you're wrong. Hamilton at 13. Davis at 14. Would you feel good about the lesser player at 15 and the day 3 picks?

I wouldn't.

Oh I don't agree with him. He's basically suggesting Eagles should do what resulted in them panic picking Marcus Smith. 

Johnathan Abram would entice me.  What would it cost to go get him?  Believe he was top 25 in tackles last year

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

there is really an unfathomable amount of knowledge that exists, and people possess but do not monetize. There is literally no point in your post. 

There are even other people on this board who would claim to be a better draft nerd than me, and they dont monetize it either. 

No there’s no way anyone in here is better than you, remember? 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh I don't agree with him. He's basically suggesting Eagles should do what resulted in them panic picking Marcus Smith. 

100%. Eagles have gotten burned on so many damn 55% chances.

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I was away for a few hours.

Has last night become a disaster yet?

No but it was the craziest ever...!

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think it depends on who’s on the board at 51. I Can’t image if Obajo or someone like mafe is there that they do trade back. But i kind of think a lot of guys people really want in the second (like a booth or Gordon) are going before 51 which will make it easier for the eagles to trade back to like 55-62 range and pick up an extra pick or picks 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Probably after the qbs go today.🤷‍♂️

Still kinda scratching my head where the qbs end up

4 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

I'm gonna guess you posted at least 20.  I didn't post any, so there.  BTW, I'm in the mood to be in a pissing match for the next 90 minutes.  Fire away.

I guess it depends on what month I started. I consciously decided to try to limit it to about 1 per week so as not to overload this thread the way others do. In fact, I made a separate thread in TATE for them to be posted in instead, and a mod locked that thread. Check that out for yourself. Proof of my conscientious effort to NOT post too many. 

Just now, downundermike said:

not clocking links. those could be viruses. 

NEPA is eagles territory. The point that eagles games get bumped for steelers games as proof that most of PA isnt philly market was off the mark. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Bad idea. Goal should be 3 starters + Brown out of this draft. Wanna trade down from 83? Fine. But aim for a needle mover in round 2.

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Still kinda scratching my head where the qbs end up

Yup.

I thought more than Pickett would go.

I think 2nd round is going to be good value for a lot of those qbs that sone thought would go first.

If there is one of those guys that drops to the 3rd I could see Howie taking a QB there.

Archived