EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Smith is the most athletic LB to come out of college in the past 25 years. But Im not sure you can take on such another huge project. You have Anderson with that kind of size and athleticism who should be just as raw but somehow seems to know what he is doing much, much more. 

I misspoke about missed tackles though. That is Christian Harris with the Singleton disease. 15.7% missed tackle rate. That guy, I dont know if you can even consider him on day 2 because that is so bad.

Yup I want no part of Harris, dudes miss tackle rate is shocking.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bbabraham said:

I've seen people in here complaining about what good are these good receivers if Hurts can't get them the ball. Well we're about to find out far more definitively what Hurts can or can't be. Sheil Kapadia made a point that I hadn't considered. By doing it this way around and putting all the other pieces in place before the QB, we'd be a much more appealing destination for a good QB next offseason. Presents another avenue to acquiring that QB.

My only counter argument is there can only be so many Good QB's available in a given time period. Rodgers settled his situation, Stafford, Wilson and Watson were moved. Brady is one foot in the door one out the other and would never come here regardless. What's left? Kyler Murray? If they are going to draft a QB, being an appealing destination means nothing to a draft prospect. 

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Smith is the most athletic LB to come out of college in the past 25 years. But Im not sure you can take on such another huge project. You have Anderson with that kind of size and athleticism who should be just as raw but somehow seems to know what he is doing much, much more. 

I misspoke about missed tackles though. That is Christian Harris with the Singleton disease. 15.7% missed tackle rate. That guy, I dont know if you can even consider him on day 2 because that is so bad.

Yeah I want no parts of Harris. I think they top 30'd him though...

32 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He was a good WR with a QB that threw for 3800 yards and 33 TD's.

It will be interesting to see how good he is with a QB who throws for 3100 yards and 16 TD's

Thats my point, we are literraly putting the cart before the horse.   

"Nice cart you have there, will be great once you get a horse"

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

My only counter argument is there can only be so many Good QB's available in a given time period. Rodgers settled his situation, Stafford, Wilson and Watson were moved. Brady is one foot in the door one out the other and would never come here regardless. What's left? Kyler Murray? If they are going to draft a QB, being an appealing destination means nothing to a draft prospect. 

There’s a chance lamar jackson becomes unhappy based off the events of last night….. lol 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You wish this was the case.  You really do.  

I actually know it. Youve posted here long enough. I think everyone knows it.

27 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Rutgers?

Rutgers is basically in NY.  South Jersey hates North Jersey, and vice versa.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There’s a chance lamar jackson becomes unhappy based off the events of last night….. lol 

The internal struggle of deciding if you want to have Hurts or trade for Lamar Jackson to be QB1

Kombucha Girl GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok.  So you say "wrong” and then confirm that there are "times” where it happens.  In the eastern half of the state.  Just as I said.  As it did in Altoona, to me   

Is that nuanced enough for you?  

Are you caught up now?  

times is plural. It MAYBE happens once per year. Probably on average less than once per year. 1 is not plural. You can say one time the eagles game was bumped for pittsburgh. But that doesnt sound as impressive to support your ill-informed and incorrect point. It also has nothing to do with the Pittsburgh market coming out here because it certainly does not reach anywhere near northeast PA. This is eagles country at least as far west as Penn State. 

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont do as many simulations as most in here. And I add far, far more beyond that. Pretty much everyone knows that. You can have your opinion on how useful that information is coming from me (track record says you should listen but you can make your own choices) but you are acting like a complete newb here if you want to pretend I dont bring a TON of actual draft content. 

I'm not suggesting that, I'm suggesting you aren't the only one on this site.  But you disparage the simulations while doing as many or more than anybody else.  

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont do as many simulations as most in here. And I add far, far more beyond that. Pretty much everyone knows that. You can have your opinion on how useful that information is coming from me (track record says you should listen but you can make your own choices) but you are acting like a complete newb here if you want to pretend I dont bring a TON of actual draft content. 

Wrong

Nice edit sport.  I know you’re defensive about Hazleton being a PSU and Steelers ish hole.  But relax.  All is well.  

Oh.  And if you did your research, you’d know how to spell Pittsburgh.  

Im never defensive about Hazleton. Many people have tried that before you. And you even tried it numerous times in the past hour or so and I have never said anything to defend hazleton even though the attempted insults are far over-exaggerated. Most people dont realize I dont even live in hazleton. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We don't know what the future holds and who becomes unhappy. Lamar Jackson was just tweeting his unhappiness with their trade last night - for example. Anything can happen.

10 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Football analytics Twitter usually annoys me because of galaxy-brained BS like this.

The problem is that he assumes a probability when the Raven choice was known.  

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So, we are grading on a curve now?

I tend to try and look at things from different perspectives.  With Howie drafting his hit rate is betwwen 30-40%.  So getting a starting wr out of 3 picks is on par.

Another perspective is why in the hell would we get a WR before we have a QB who can throw to him, especially one that you traded a high 1st rd pick, and a 4th rd pick and immediately had to pay him $100 million. We could have drafted a WR and kept the 4th rd pick, and saved cap space for 4 years. We could have used pick 18 on fixing the defense and actually gotten pretty good impact from the pick this year, anything Brown does will be limited THIS YEAR by QB1.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Rutgers is basically in NY.  South Jersey hates North Jersey, and vice versa.

The whole north Jersey south Jersey Giants eagles thing has always confused me, I mean basically its two sports teams whose stadiums are separated by a turnpike no?

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

I'm not suggesting that, I'm suggesting you aren't the only one on this site.  But you disparage the simulations while doing as many or more than anybody else.  

However I already told you I dont do as many as them. And you could go back through this thread and count if youd like. Youll find a bunch of people did many more than me. 

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

The whole north Jersey south Jersey Giants eagles thing has always confused me, I mean basically its two sports teams whose stadiums are separated by a turnpike no?

Seperated by a 2 hour drive. 

I’m sorry.  It’s low.  Hugs.  

no. you should be doing research rather than looking to hug people.

Just now, bbabraham said:

We don't know what the future holds and who becomes unhappy. Lamar Jackson was just tweeting his unhappiness with their trade last night - for example. Anything can happen.

Sure. I just think people are over evaluating with the "make it more desirable" angle. Two star QB's had NTC's that both wanted out at the same time, I don't think that happens again for awhile. 

Archived