EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The worst pick he made was Clelin Ferrell but an argument can be made that the 2019 class was very good overall.  They got Crosby, Jacobs and Renfrow.  Abrams has also improved greatly and looks like he's finally worth the pick.  I do think Ruggs and Arnette are failures despite them having talent.  Maybe there was nothing they could have done but maybe there's more that other organizations do that they should have done. 

I think biggest factor in why mayock got fired was the fact they had 6 first round picks in 3 years. The best player they got out of it was josh jacobs and second best is going to be abrams who I’d still argue isn’t worth the value of where they selected him. I tend to think the raiders likely believe they should be better than what they are considering all the draft capital they had after that Mack trade. They had like 13 picks in the first 3 rounds the last 3 years. Hit rate is low when you take ruggs and arnette out of the equation for their issues and Ferrell is an awful pick at 4. Mayock’s hit rate in rounds 4-7 is much much better. And one pick in Lynn Bowden in round 3 didn’t even make it to the 3rd preseason game before they dealt him. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Godfather said:

He's a troll. EazyEaglez loves bringing up Wentz when people ish on his fb Hurts. RTK is a fan of Koy so it's fitting he's a fan of Hurts. Both guys suck/ed at playing qb

Remember that you are racist if you don't like Hurts 

Guest justrelax
23 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did Goedert get better or did we just see what he can do when he's the #1 and not behind someone like Ertz?

I guess you had better define "better."

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol that's sad that we had 2 of these

Only six WRs in NFL history have been drafted in the first round, started at least 20 games in their first two years and and had fewer than 700 career receiving yards. Only three since 1977: Darrius Heyward-Bey of the Raiders in 2009 and 2010, Nelson Agholor in 2015 and 2016 and Jalen Reagor in 2020 and 2021. Reagor this year became only the sixth WR drafted in the first round since 1977 to start at least 12 games and have fewer than 300 yards and only the third ever who wasn’t a rookie – along with Tex Coulter of the Giants in 1947 and Larry Burton of the Saints in 1976. I don’t care about the $7.84 million cap hit. He has to go. Has to. Come on, Howie!

I think Howie gives him one more year in hopes he'll have an agholor rebirth.

I've been a pretty ardent supporter of reagor but I don't think he has what it takes mentally to be able to turn around.

He's a total head case, which is odd as he comes from an nfl background with his dad playing And usually those kids have their heads screwed on straight, it's not like reagor is a bad person or makes questionable off field decisions it's all on the field, every week he looks like it's his first day ever seeing a football, like some coach saw him in the gym and said this dude is jacked and can run and jump let's put him in pads, and he gets out there and has no clue what he's doing???

I'm not sure he ever puts it together which is sad because he has a lot of athletic ability but lots of athletes in the NFL never pan out because as athletic as they are they still need to know how to play football, reagor doesn't.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Or they just meet up in Houston, though I think Watson wants out regardless of the coach there.

Key is TO START. So another Flacco to ride the pine does not count. Honestly, I think they roll with Hurts/Minshew again. And sig.

Wilson- Do not want. Too old and too much $.

Watson- Don't think he wants to come here but would be the biggest upgrade. His scumbagginess sucks though.

Carr- I'd be happy with this. I like Carr...though I liked his brother before he got the ish knocked out of him too.

Jimmy- Mediocre, we already have that. Do not want.

Cousins- See above.

Winston- Intriguing. But I'd bet the Saints resign.

Sirianni and Steichen will be the determining voices.  Most of Sirianni's experience before coming to Philly was working with Philip Rivers, with the Colts and Chargers (2013-2016, 2020) -- not sure that necessarily means that type of QB is a prerequisite for the system he wants to run, though.

We do know that Sirianni came out of the gate trying to run a pass-heavy offense, and we do know the Eagles philosophy from Lurie is they want to be a pass-heavy offense.  We also know that Jalen Hurts cannot survive in that scheme.  If I'm the Eagles I'm not giving him any more time to find out; I have my answers already.

If Hurts is back as the starter for 2022 it will only be because of cap constraints and limited options.  I find it hard to believe Nick and Howie look at Hurts and think "this guy can be our future franchise QB"

For your list above, I mostly feel the same but I'd switch Garoppolo and Winston.  I couldn't be less interested in Winston, but I'm mildly intrigued what Garoppolo could do in the Sirianni offense.

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol that's sad that we had 2 of these

Only six WRs in NFL history have been drafted in the first round, started at least 20 games in their first two years and and had fewer than 700 career receiving yards. Only three since 1977: Darrius Heyward-Bey of the Raiders in 2009 and 2010, Nelson Agholor in 2015 and 2016 and Jalen Reagor in 2020 and 2021. Reagor this year became only the sixth WR drafted in the first round since 1977 to start at least 12 games and have fewer than 300 yards and only the third ever who wasn’t a rookie – along with Tex Coulter of the Giants in 1947 and Larry Burton of the Saints in 1976. I don’t care about the $7.84 million cap hit. He has to go. Has to. Come on, Howie!

Sad the eagles did this twice but they didn’t have their buy one get one free coupon to save on it. 

Hurts is good enough to start in the league because there aren't 32 good QBs. We may agree that Hurts isn't the guy, but he'd be an upgrade for some teams.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Point is one playoff game doesn't define a young QB.  Josh Allen was also a bit of a mess in his first playoff game. 

Eagles would be wise to stick with Hurts next season and see how much further he develops in his 3rd season while building up the team, specifically the defense, around him. 

It's not about 1 playoff game.  Not fair to Hurts to compare him to Josh Allen.  

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Sometimes I take Lloyd over dean. Sometimes I take a CB over Brisker. But until they shake up the rankings a bit, its pretty much the same 5 easy choices.

I did some things different this time though. Added a lot of edge talent. Ojabo is a DE, Tyreke Smith is a hybrid edge. Beavers is as well, but hes more of a LB. I liked the idea of pairing the huge LB (who can still move) with smaller Dean. Also to protect Dean, I added a gigantic DT in Robert Cooper from FSU.

Dean was paired with a big LB that could move in Quay Walker.  Was he available?

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

I guess you had better define "better."

He "better” stop dropping wide open passes like he did this year. Its the only thing he really needs to work on to become an elite TE. 

I tend to think Reagor would do a little better production wise if he had a regular accurate QB.  His QB play the last 2 years with Wentz and Hurts has been atrocious. 

With that said, I still want him and JJAW outta here.  Reagor should have been a 3rd round pick at the highest.  And I thought when we drafted him that he was at least better than Aiyuk.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Hurts is good enough to start in the league because there aren't 32 good QBs. We may agree that Hurts isn't the guy, but he'd be an upgrade for some teams.

I would agree with this, and for that reason I’m hoping he can be used in a package to upgrade for ourselves. 

47 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Mailata, Dickerson, Goedert, Watkins. Not as many as I would have liked.

Mailata and Dickerson  while I agree, have virtually nothing to do with Hurts

Goedert?  I dont know, arguable to me.  Did he really improve or just get a bump when Ertz left?

Watkins I might agree....I dont know, though.

I agree with your conclusion obviously

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Sounds like setting a very low bar out of fear of possibly getting worse. 

5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I believe it was during the first Phi/TB game, one dude compared @Swoopand I to active shooters because we were trashing Hurts in the PBP thread

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Nope. That's the Peter Principle in full effect. Hurts ideal position is a back-up QB, who can come in off the bench due to injury and win a game or two with his legs. He's not a full term, 17 game a year guy. He's too inconsistent passing to be that. Further, his ideal spot would be Lamar Jackson's backup, as you can effectively run the same offense if/when Lamar goes down. Unfortunately for us, Huntley is a similar player and so Baltimore has no need to acquire Hurts. 

4 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

It's not about 1 playoff game.  Not fair to Hurts to compare him to Josh Allen.  

It's not fair to Josh Allen to be compared to trash

11 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yep, I have been accused of being racist for not liking Hurts.  I have also openly said I would acquire Deshaun Watson in a second if available.  

I do not understand that logic.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Name 5 of them.  

Let me take a crack at this. Daniel Jones? 

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I tend to think Reagor would do a little better production wise if he had a regular accurate QB.  His QB play the last 2 years with Wentz and Hurts has been atrocious. 

With that said, I still want him and JJAW outta here.  Reagor should have been a 3rd round pick at the highest.  And I thought when we drafted him that he was at least better than Aiyuk.

Nope. Reagor is lazy. He's got some physical abilities that should translate, but they never will because he's just too damn lazy. It's why I went off during the game when they threw him a comeback route on a 4th down play. Ridiculous to even have that play in the playbook, ridiculous for Hurts to even consider him as an option on that play. A comeback route requires the WR to fight back to the ball, and it requires the ball to be thrown with some velocity. Both things are the exact opposite of what Reagor and Hurts do. 

27 minutes ago, Godfather said:

He's a troll. EazyEaglez loves bringing up Wentz when people ish on his fb Hurts. RTK is a fan of Koy so it's fitting he's a fan of Hurts. Both guys suck/ed at playing qb

EazyEaglez  is on my ignore list, he's obsessed. RTK is on my ignore list, he's a troll.

Just now, greend said:

EazyEaglez  is on my ignore list, he's obsessed. RTK is on my ignore list, he's a troll.

I swear EE is sucking off Hurts and paying for his rent

Archived