****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

Pretty boring game ManU/Chel at OTrafford yesterday.  Not much happened.  ManU with the better scoring chances but there weren't that many.

Good for Chelsea to keep a clean sheet anyway given the trouble they've had in the back.

One thing I am getting sick of is the blatant abuse going on during the corner kicks.  I'm not suggesting that ManU should have been called for a penalty but rather that the league needs to crack down on this sort of stuff.  They probably have to start with a statement that refs are going to start calling penalties and then go from there.  I mean if we are going to allow a defender to wrap their arm around a guy's neck and pull him down we may just allow them to do anything at all.

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

Good for Chelsea to keep a clean sheet anyway given the trouble they've had in the back.

Think their new GK may make a big difference for them...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Think their new GK may make a big difference for them...

Yes he does but it wasn’t just Kepa. The center backs have been awful and Azplilaq isn’t getting any younger either. 

30 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Easier to beat a team when you have ZERO FING RIGHT WINGER. F OFF Glazers and Woodward 

Everyone knew it was their biggest need yet they did nothing to address it during the summer. What a joke. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Everyone knew it was their biggest need yet they did nothing to address it during the summer. What a joke. 

And the kid they did sign can't get a visa until January 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And the kid they did sign can't get a visa until January 

And the other is an unknown Uruguayan... So they did nothing to improve the position in the next couple of years. 

5 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Pretty boring game ManU/Chel at OTrafford yesterday.  Not much happened.  ManU with the better scoring chances but there weren't that many.

One thing I am getting sick of is the blatant abuse going on during the corner kicks.  I'm not suggesting that ManU should have been called for a penalty but rather that the league needs to crack down on this sort of stuff.  They probably have to start with a statement that refs are going to start calling penalties and then go from there.  I mean if we are going to allow a defender to wrap their arm around a guy's neck and pull him down we may just allow them to do anything at all.

Yeah, that match was a snooze fest and the non-call was a blatant penalty.

On 10/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, DrPhilly said:

Shakter down 10 players to COVID went down to Madrid and shocked Real.  They went up 3-0 and then held on to win 3-2.

@TEW What happened man?

On 10/21/2020 at 7:43 PM, TEW said:

I didn’t watch the match. From what I’ve read Madrid had an abysmal first half. This is after losing to a minnow this weekend.

That said, Zidane’s teams have historically started slow. They tend to win when it matters though.

Like I said... :D

• Like 1

On the subject of American youngsters, Dest has been excellent for Barca so far. He looks like a guy who could be a starter for them for 10 years.

I can’t even fathom if someone told me a decade ago that the US would have teenage starters at Barca and Dortmund and one of the best wingers in the EPL.

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

FIFA 2026!!! This could be a legit team by then and make a deep run. 

Didn't you guys think you were ready for the next step about a decade ago too? 😉

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Didn't you guys think you were ready for the next step about a decade ago too? 😉

Freddy Adu sucked! Hahaha 

And we will automatically qualify since it is being held in North America. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Freddy Adu did suck after being such an exciting 13 year old. 

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We did but we didn't really have players playing on top clubs in Europe except for keepers.

• Like 1

Saw the Ibrahimovic goal today and that pass from Laeo, Milan's upcoming star midfielder was beautiful 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Saw the Ibrahimovic goal today and that pass from Laeo, Milan's upcoming star midfielder was beautiful 

Looks to be a good player. 

Zlatan is 39 now.  Guy is just one of those really rare HOF level pure scorers.  We've been treated to three of them over the last 15 years.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:45 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

On 10/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, DaEagles4Life said:

On 10/26/2020 at 10:44 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Freddy Adu did suck after being such an exciting 13 year old. 

Adu wasn’t 13... :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Diego Maradona has died 

Yeah just saw that. He was only 60... Mind you he did have some issues i believe.