****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

13 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Yep, a total cluster F.

Makes for an interesting run in I think. I mean imagine if a team like Everton won it. 

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Makes for an interesting run in I think. I mean imagine if a team like Everton won it. 

Seems like this is the year for something like that and if Leicester can win one then certainly Everton has a real shot. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Seems like this is the year for something like that and if Leicester can win one then certainly Everton has a real shot. 

Absolutely and that would be great to see. Not necessarily Everton but just one of those supposed smaller teams again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Gonna be a wild 2nd half of the season 

Screenshot_20201229-170104.png

I would love to see Everton somehow win the league and for City to fail to qualify for UCL. That's basically my dream scenario.

5 hours ago, TEW said:

I would love to see Everton somehow win the league and for City to fail to qualify for UCL. That's basically my dream scenario.

Throw in Liverpool being relegated and I'm all in. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Throw in Liverpool being relegated and I'm all in. 

I’d settle for finishing below City. I don’t have quite the same hatred of Liverpool as you, mostly it’s just a friend of mine who is a supporter who I like to rib.

6 hours ago, TEW said:

I’d settle for finishing below City. I don’t have quite the same hatred of Liverpool as you, mostly it’s just a friend of mine who is a supporter who I like to rib.

The funny thing is... I'm not a huge United fan anymore. In fact I hardly ever watch them and a lot of the time I don't even know they are playing. And yet my hatred for Liverpool remains. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The funny thing is... I'm not a huge United fan anymore. In fact I hardly ever watch them and a lot of the time I don't even know they are playing. And yet my hatred for Liverpool remains. 

Maybe you should bury that hatchet and get back to being a ManUre fan :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Maybe you should bury that hatchet and get back to being a ManUre fan :P

Nah. Can't really get in to soccer these days. I find it too slow and uneventful. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Nah. Can't really get in to soccer these days. I find it too slow and uneventful. 

Have you watched a football game lately?  Guess I'm the opposite and losing my love for football because its slow

• Like 1

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Have you watched a football game lately?  Guess I'm the opposite and losing my love for football because its slow

We are probably just going in opposite directions buddy. Yeah I don't find soccer at all entertaining. 

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The refs in the NFL have become worse than in soccer, which shouldn't even be possible.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 2:51 PM, mayanh8 said:

Lampard OUT, finally. To be replaced by Tuchel (smart move).

Yep. Chelsea went 17 games without a loss earlier in the year only to follow with a horrid 10 game set and only 1 PL win during that stretch.  The club needs time to get all the young pieces to gel but Roman is not a patient man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

Yep. Chelsea went 17 games without a loss earlier in the year only to follow with a horrid 10 game set and only 1 PL win during that stretch.  The club needs time to get all the young pieces to gel but Roman is not a patient man.

Yeah I mean how has that move gone down amongst Chelsea fans?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean how has that move gone down amongst Chelsea fans?

You tell me.  I'm not reading any of the forums or anything.  The only thing I saw was that Tuchel recognized the need to address the topic so there is concern.

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

You tell me.  I'm not reading any of the forums or anything.  The only thing I saw was that Tuchel recognized the need to address the topic so there is concern.

Oh I don't read forums either bud. I'm a United fan and I don't even check out their forums so I have no idea. 

• Like 1

USMNT is really looking good going forward...

Like, I’m kind of speechless that we have the best player on Juve not named Ronaldo headlining our midfield, the starting RB at Barca, the heir to Boateng at CB, a top 3 teenager in the world, Chelsea’s star winger, the best prospect on Valencia (he’s going to declare for the US), the midfield anchor at Leipzig, a top 5 LB in the EPL, and a slew of prospects heading over to the top 5 leagues.

It’s crazy, but they’re all young, and we’ve all been burned before by getting too excited, but dare I say that we have a legitimate path to winning the 2026 World Cup?

• Like 2

Said it a few months ago, but the US has legit legit soccer talent. 

And Zach Steffan playing at City

US is also a host of 2026

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Said it a few months ago, but the US has legit legit soccer talent. 

And Zach Steffan playing at City

US is also a host of 2026

Didn’t know that either. Crazy.

Only positions with question marks looks to be striker and maybe CB. Striker is going to be key. We have tons of creativity along the wings, but we need a goal scorer to emerge.

14 hours ago, TEW said:

Only positions with question marks looks to be striker and maybe CB. Striker is going to be key. We have tons of creativity along the wings, but we need a goal scorer to emerge.

Could end up a little bit like Portugal for many years... Plenty of talent but no legit striker to score those crucial goals. 

• Like 1

Guess he is the best Josh Sargent, 6'1", 20, and plays at SV Werder Bremen

Or 

Sebastian Soto, 6 foot, 20 and plays at Norwich City 

crap we got all the young kids in Europe 

Matthew Hoppe, 6'3", 19, and plays at Schalke 04. 

Some good mid lower tier programs