****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I know bud but would be good for the English game to have 2 teams fighting it out who both have such a strong English contingent.

Agree with that!

Even back in the day Chelsea always had some prominent English players with Lampard, Terry, Cole and then further back Wise and others.

Man Utd has a lot of English like Chelsea 

Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho (Hopefully),McGuire, AWB, Shaw, Brandon Williams, Axel Tuanzebe (Young talented CB) 

Scott McTom (Scottish) 

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Man Utd has a lot of English like Chelsea 

Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho (Hopefully),McGuire, AWB, Shaw, Brandon Williams, Axel Tuanzebe (Young talented CB) 

Scott McTom (Scottish) 

Yeah exactly bud that's been our point. Add in James who's Welsh.

Atalanta in front 1-0, they are unbelievable and fun as hell to watch

After Juve takes a dump (whats new) they are a real threat to win the damn thing

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

WHATEVER THEY WANTED 

Barca is in trouble and needs to re tool. 

I mean you just don't see something like that very often do you! Not in the semi final of a Champions League game especially. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Talk about German efficiency because they looked liked a damn machine. I know that made @TEWhappy

Barca is a total disaster right now. It’s Fing glorious!

Madrid is in a rebuild, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. We probably have the best collection of young talent in the world, our finances are rock solid, the stadium upgrades are underway, and we are still competitive domestically.

Barca is a dumpster fire! Old, slow, and broke. It’s basically a declining Messi and a bunch of washed up stars. Sad!

• Like 1

Antoine Griezmann $132 million 

Ousmane Dembélé $150 million 

Philippe Coutinho $159 million (10 Million dollar loan to Bayern and scores twice hahahaha) 

• Haha 1

Lyon set to close it out vs City with a 3-1 lead late in the match.  So a SF of Bayern v Lyon and RB Leipzig v PSG.  Never write off the underdogs, but a Bayern v PSG Final should be wildly entertaining.  Possibly a track meet on the pitch.

9 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Antoine Griezmann $132 million 

Ousmane Dembélé $150 million 

Philippe Coutinho $159 million (10 Million dollar loan to Bayern and scores twice hahahaha) 

I'll give them a bit of a pass on Dembele.  He's looked good when healthy, filled a need, and was the best wing prospect not named Mbappe in the world when they bought him. Could still turn out to be good.

The rest are absolute disasters though. $300 million on two players who were never going to fit into the squad. It was like their version of a galacticos transfer strategy, but retarded.  Neither were generational talents, neither had a clear role in the team, and neither were ever going to fix any of their problems.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

I'll give them a bit of a pass on Dembele.  He's looked good when healthy, filled a need, and was the best wing prospect not named Mbappe in the world when they bought him. Could still turn out to be good.

The rest are absolute disasters though. $300 million on two players who were never going to fit into the squad. It was like their version of a galacticos transfer strategy, but retarded.  Neither were generational talents, neither had a clear role in the team, and neither were ever going to fix any of their problems.

Is a certain Pep Guardiola overrated?!? Bayern and now Man City where he had all the money in the world and can't win the big one anymore. 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Is a certain Pep Guardiola overrated?!? Bayern and now Man City where he had all the money in the world and can't win the big one anymore. 

I've made that argument before.  He's like Phil Jackson. Anyone could win with Jordan/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq, Messi/Xavi/Iniesta, etc.

Pepe has always had a massive talent advantage domestically.  When he doesn't, he loses. Mourinho especially would just out coach him.  He's lost his touch these days, but he truly was the special one.

On 8/16/2020 at 3:49 AM, TEW said:

He's lost his touch these days, but he truly was the special one.

For a period he was yeah. But he couldn't keep up and he couldn't adapt and change with the times and so he's fallen behind. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, TEW said:

This Messi situation is hilarious!  :roll: 

Couldn't have happened to a better fan base.

Let him go to City.  I fear him not.  He's never played well against Chelsea.

3 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Let him go to City.  I fear him not.  He's never played well against Chelsea.

I mean, he’s definitely past his peak. Still a great player, but I don’t see him as a world beater anymore.

It will be interesting to see how he copes with the English game. Messi has always had problems with players of superior physicality like Casemiro and Varane. Guys who are much bigger, stronger and faster tend to do well against him. I think England will shorten his career as a world class player.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TEW said:

I mean, he’s definitely past his peak. Still a great player, but I don’t see him as a world beater anymore.

It will be interesting to see how he copes with the English game. Messi has always had problems with players of superior physicality like Casemiro and Varane. Guys who are much bigger, stronger and faster tend to do well against him. I think England will shorten his career as a world class player.

I've always said I don't think Messi would do very well in the PL. He'd get kicked up and down the league every week and would take an immense physical beating. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I've always said I don't think Messi would do very well in the PL. He'd get kicked up and down the league every week and would take an immense physical beating. 

His game was ideally suited to play in Spain. Playing in England, and to a lesser extent Italy, will pose different challenges for him.

Not to make this another Messi vs Ronaldo argument, but one of the reasons I believe Ronaldo is superior is because his game transcends styles of play.

In other news, James Rodriguez is signing with Everton for €25M. He should be the focal point for the club. I think he’ll have a big year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TEW said:

Not to make this another Messi vs Ronaldo argument, but one of the reasons I believe Ronaldo is superior is because his game transcends styles of play.

100% agree with you.

I'm team Ronaldo no doubt and to me he's the better all around player. That's not to take anything away from Messi but I just think Ronaldo has proven more by doing more in different leagues and with less around him at times. 

55 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Messi got paaaaaaiiiiidddd

700M Euro deal over 5 seasons for both Man City and NYC FC in the MLS.  Report is he was also offered an equity stake in City Football Group, who owns both clubs, but he turned it down as he prefers caysh monay.  So 33yo starting to show signs of decline and now going to play in the rough and tumble EPL.  Think he makes it past 2 seasons at City?  You would think the goal is 3-4 seasons at City before closing it out in the MLS.