****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

23 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

700M Euro deal over 5 seasons for both Man City and NYC FC in the MLS.  Report is he was also offered an equity stake in City Football Group, who owns both clubs, but he turned it down as he prefers caysh monay.  So 33yo starting to show signs of decline and now going to play in the rough and tumble EPL.  Think he makes it past 2 seasons at City?  You would think the goal is 3-4 seasons at City before closing it out in the MLS.

I wonder if Messi becomes more of a playmaker at City? They're one of the few teams in the world that wouldn't need to immediately change everything they do to get him the ball as a scorer.

2 hours ago, TEW said:

I wonder if Messi becomes more of a playmaker at City? They're one of the few teams in the world that wouldn't need to immediately change everything they do to get him the ball as a scorer.

There's no guarantee he's going to City yet. 

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

@TEW  what do you know about Sergio Reguilon

Is that one legit though? I think he's an attacking full back (left side). Real are apparently keen on him because any deal needs to have a buy back clause for them. 

39 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is that one legit though? I think he's an attacking full back (left side). Real are apparently keen on him because any deal needs to have a buy back clause for them. 

That is him but they also have another LB they like who is younger. They need a attacking full back because not Wan Bissaka strong suit 

7 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

@TEW  what do you know about Sergio Reguilon

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He’s good. Has been called up for the national team. Just a weird situation because he was 4th choice at LB behind Mendy, Marcelo, and Hakimi (plays better on the right but can play on the left.

Not sure he’ll ever be a world beater, but I think he’ll be a UCL caliber player for most of his career.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

He’s good. Has been called up for the national team. Just a weird situation because he was 4th choice at LB behind Mendy, Marcelo, and Hakimi (plays better on the right but can play on the left.

Not sure he’ll ever be a world beater, but I think he’ll be a UCL caliber player for most of his career.

Perfect. We have meh attacking full backs with Wan Bissaka 

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Perfect. We have meh attacking full backs with Wan Bissaka 

He plays on the left though bud so he won't be replacing AWB.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He plays on the left though bud so he won't be replacing AWB.

I know where he plays 

On 9/6/2020 at 5:10 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok... But you mentioned AWB twice. 

As his inability to be an attacking FB and you can't trust Shaw to be healthy all year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

As his inability to be an attacking FB and you can't trust Shaw to be healthy all year. 

Shaw just isn't very good that's really the bottom line with him. He just doesn't do anything that is really top level. Plus can't stay healthy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Reguilon to Spurs for €30M with a buyback clause. Sounds like Bale will be heading back there as well.

Madrid is really downsizing their roster in preparation for a monster 2021 offseason. Mbappe, Camavinga, a new CB, and Haaland seems to be the plan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TEW said:

Reguilon to Spurs for €30M with a buyback clause. Sounds like Bale will be heading back there as well.

Madrid is really downsizing their roster in preparation for a monster 2021 offseason. Mbappe, Camavinga, a new CB, and Haaland seems to be the plan.

And meanwhile United are screwing themselves yet again. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And meanwhile United are screwing themselves yet again. 

I'm not sure what they're up to, but I can understand passing on Reguilon. He's a good player, but financially it's a deal that really favors Madrid.  If he plays really well, and becomes a world class full back, then Madrid come back and buy him for 35 million and you've only profited 5M.  If he gets injured or regresses, then you're losing 10-20 million. Either way it becomes a 1-3 year rental and you're right back to square one trying to fill the spot again.  That's something Spurs might have to swallow, but United can afford to bring in a young player that they will own outright and can reap the full benefits if he develops into a top player.

Bale it seems like will be a loan deal with Madrid and Spurs both paying half of his salary.  Bale on his day is still a monster, but those days are fewer and farther between with each passing year. Maybe a change of scenery does him well, but it really seems to me that his focus isn't on soccer and his body is more and more injury prone.  Again, Spurs probably have to take some risks to get back to the champions league, but United would be much better served going younger.

I have to say I'm a bit confused on what they're doing with Sancho.  That's a deal they should just get done.

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The Glazers would rather use Man Utd to take out loans against then be a top tier club. 

They do this every time they make it back in to the Champions league. They don't back the manager in the transfer market. In 12 months time Ole will be fired. 

Reguilon and Bale officially move to Spurs. 

Reguilon signs a 5 year deal with a transfer fee of €30M plus €5M in performance bonuses and a buyback clause of €40M through 2022.

Bale joins on loan through June of 2021 with Spurs picking up half of his €30M per year salary.

So far Madrid have net €125.5M in transfer fees and reduced their payroll by around €25M.

The incredible aspect of this is it has been done without selling any core first team players and includes returning loan player Ødegaard to bolster the midfield creativity.

Operation Mbappe is on schedule.

@TEW

You must be enjoying the Suarez saga in Barca.  Seems the new skipper, Koeman, gave him permission to leave on a free in the final year of his contract, since Koeman doesn't really have Suarez in the team's plans this upcoming season, and Suarez agreed to give back a certain percentage of his salary.  It was a verbal agreement and there were apparently 4 clubs that Suarez could not go to:  both the Manchester clubs, PSG and of course Real Madrid.  Suarez and Atletico Madrid had a deal in place, since they were not on the list of clubs he couldn't go to, but Barca have since rescinded their offer to let him leave on a free.  Suarez is getting a legal team together to try and force Barca to let him leave for Atletico.  Suarez also had an offer from MLS' new club, Inter Miami (Beckham is an owner), to be the league's highest paid player, but turned it down and also had interest from Juventus, but is having difficulty obtaining Italian citizenship.  Thought you'd find Barca having a circus show issue amusing.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:42 AM, Green_Guinness said:

@TEW

You must be enjoying the Suarez saga in Barca.  Seems the new skipper, Koeman, gave him permission to leave on a free in the final year of his contract, since Koeman doesn't really have Suarez in the team's plans this upcoming season, and Suarez agreed to give back a certain percentage of his salary.  It was a verbal agreement and there were apparently 4 clubs that Suarez could not go to:  both the Manchester clubs, PSG and of course Real Madrid.  Suarez and Atletico Madrid had a deal in place, since they were not on the list of clubs he couldn't go to, but Barca have since rescinded their offer to let him leave on a free.  Suarez is getting a legal team together to try and force Barca to let him leave for Atletico.  Suarez also had an offer from MLS' new club, Inter Miami (Beckham is an owner), to be the league's highest paid player, but turned it down and also had interest from Juventus, but is having difficulty obtaining Italian citizenship.  Thought you'd find Barca having a circus show issue amusing.

Yeah, Barca still has serious issues. I do think they need to clean house of their older players and get younger though. It's a tough situation when you're still trying to win titles with Messi.

19 minutes ago, TEW said:

Yeah, Barca still has serious issues. I do think they need to clean house of their older players and get younger though. It's a tough situation when you're still trying to win titles with Messi.

Think Dembele goes to United on loan? Very strange one that. 

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Think Dembele goes to United on loan? Very strange one that. 

I have no idea. He was a signing I actually liked for them, but injuries have really derailed his career.

7 minutes ago, TEW said:

I have no idea. He was a signing I actually liked for them, but injuries have really derailed his career.

Yeah they have. I can't see it happening. I think it's United playing a little game to scare Dortmund.

FWIW I don't think it'll work. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah they have. I can't see it happening. I think it's United playing a little game to scare Dortmund.

FWIW I don't think it'll work. 

Woodward is an idiot. It's clear, pay the 100 million pounds or move on. Matt Judge and him are a bunch of buffoons 

• Like 1