****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

10 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Pretty sure that stat was we committed 10 fouls and Mexico has committed 5 so far.

Yes that was the stat. I just decided to throw in the fact that we had no corners to like Mexico's 456 corners. 🙃

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

Our possession SUCKS!!!!

It's the opposite of the SF vs Qatar where they conceded possession so they could try and hit us on counters.  Mexico has had the run of play and so far seems to be getting most of the bounces and winning most of the 50/50 balls.  We had the best chance to score, though, and had a couple other ones (Hoppe's header was loads closer than it looked).  I like that the young lads are playing physical and not backing down so far.  Need to keep the defensive shape, not make a bad mistake, the MF and Fs need to help on D and just need to take one good chance to score and we could have a third consecutive 1-0 win.

• Like 1

Mexico just missed a good chance.  USA not pressing as strong as they did the 1st half and looking a little disjointed in their own third so far.

Another miss by Mexico on a good chance.  USA not looking as good as they did the 1st half. 

Hoppe needs to come off because he's a defensive liability on the flank.  USA wasting chances towards shots on goal.

Not happy to see Shaq Moore coming on.  In the 2 matches I've seen him I'm not fond of his game.  Dude thinks he's Cafu and leaves too much space playing up too high.

Want to see Gioacchini on for Hoppe.  The former was very good in his limited time vs Qatar.  He definitely provided an offensive spark in the SF.

Williamson with the 2nd knock on his noggin.  First yellow to Mexico.  Free kick in an offensive area for the USA.

USA with a great chance off the set piece, but ball in too close and Arriola rockets in from in close off the keeper on the doorstep.

And going to ET, just like the Nations Cup.  Hopefully the same result.  Credit to the young lads for hanging in there through a full 90 and making a good game of it to this point. 

Acosta has been good all night, but he has the curse of taking shite corners as Lleget did.  Just put the ball in the friggin box.  Stop with the Michael Bradley trying to score off a corner nearly every time just because you did it once BS. 

Put Dike on for Hoppe and put Dike as the CF while moving Zardes to wing.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

• Like 2

USA 1

Mexico 0

2021 Gold Cup Champions!

Man Of  The Match:  Acosta

MVP Of The Gold Cup:  Turner

Gritty effort. Mexico is always a good test for us

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And the woman team lost sooooooooo who should be getting paid more

Women's team needs some new younger blood

Whoo! That Gold Cup match was a slogfest. What a clutch goal by Robinson, great feed from Acosta. Glad the USA won. Future is looking brighter. :usa: 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Grealish expected to go to City. If he does that's the EPL tied up for a few years. 

Kane as well 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kane as well 

Yeah potentially. I mean that would be a top signing for them but grealish to me is another level.