****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

To me CR7 is destroying his legacy by doing this and every move he makes.

He should honestly just go to PSG and take Mbappe’s spot. Give the people what they want!

With Cavani playing for Uruguay's national team and covid restrictions in England it looks like he might miss half the season so CR7 would play a lot here. Martial is utter trash and can't have 19 year old Greenwood as only Striker. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

OPEN THE CHECKBOOK GLAZERS. 

Would absolutely love to see him in the EPL again though at this point in his career I wonder how washed he is. I didn't get to see him play much in Serie A or the Euros.

30 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

Would absolutely love to see him in the EPL again though at this point in his career I wonder how washed he is. I didn't get to see him play much in Serie A or the Euros.

He did win the golden boot in Euros this year. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

He’s still almost a goal per game level player. Not the dynamic dribbler he once was, but certainly will be one of the biggest goal scoring threats in the EPL.

21 minutes ago, TEW said:

He’s still almost a goal per game level player. Not the dynamic dribbler he once was, but certainly will be one of the biggest goal scoring threats in the EPL.

And look how great Sancho, 20 assists last year, was feeding Haaland goals then add Bruno, 17 assists, and Podga, and when Rashford, 15 assists, comes back from shoulder surgery. 

Real questions still remain about DM, wishing for Neves still, but I think this kind of fell into their laps and you can't pass up him coming back where it all started to end his career. 

46 minutes ago, TEW said:

Is that goal per game by EPL standards? I know the gulf of talent between the two leagues isn't nearly what it used to be but I'd have to imagine that the level of defense he'll be facing back in the EPL will be a bigger challenge.

13 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

Is that goal per game by EPL standards? I know the gulf of talent between the two leagues isn't nearly what it used to be but I'd have to imagine that the level of defense he'll be facing back in the EPL will be a bigger challenge.

I think so. He’s still Ronaldo. Still kills it in UCL. Still a physical monster. He’s more of a poacher now than the unstoppable dynamic player he used to be, but the man simply puts the ball in the back of the net.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mayanh8 said:

Ronaldo 29 goals last year in Italy with much less talent. He became forgotten in Italy the last 3 years, but still scored over 100 goals 

Lukaku 24 goals

• Like 1

I know United still have weaknesses but this signing absolutely puts them in the title race. Why? Because it is Ronaldo and he's a winner. Because he scores goals and he's going to raise those around him. Every single one of the top teams have weaknesses. City don't have a recognised striker. Liverpool don't have a lot of depth. Chelsea aren't brilliant in defense. Ronaldo changes the picture. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know United still have weaknesses but this signing absolutely puts them in the title race. Why? Because it is Ronaldo and he's a winner. Because he scores goals and he's going to raise those around him. Every single one of the top teams have weaknesses. City don't have a recognised striker. Liverpool don't have a lot of depth. Chelsea aren't brilliant in defense. Ronaldo changes the picture. 

As you said he raises the ceiling for a lot of guys around him and think just him there is a cascading effect especially since Man Utd has a lot of young talent  in the U23 and U18, which was barren prior to Ole. You better believe this will light a fire under some kids and could pay dividends for a decade. Ronaldo has that type of clout and work ethic to go with it. 

I mean look at Rashford. 

• Like 2

And

Sancho, Varane, and Ronaldo in one window, come on. Three world class talents. 

Now if Bruno can work his magic and get his buddy Neves from Wolves on the team as well. 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

As you said he raises the ceiling for a lot of guys around him and think just him there is a cascading effect especially since Man Utd has a lot of young talent  in the U23 and U18, which was barren prior to Ole. You better believe this will light a fire under some kids and could pay dividends for a decade. Ronaldo has that type of clout and work ethic to go with it. 

I mean look at Rashford. 

Yup.

With Ronaldo, you either raise your fame and level of commitment or you’re gone.

9 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And

Sancho, Varane, and Ronaldo in one window, come on. Three world class talents. 

Now if Bruno can work his magic and get his buddy Neves from Wolves on the team as well. 

Not to mention... United signed Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane for about £10 million more than Arsenal signed White, Ramsdale and Odegaard.

• Like 2

Big battle today. Liverpool was excellent and Chelsea super determined. In the end a brilliant Chelsea defense allowed them to take a point home despite being down a man the entire 2nd half. Both sides were impressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

Big battle today. Liverpool was excellent and Chelsea super determined. In the end a brilliant Chelsea defense allowed them to take a point home despite being down a man the entire 2nd half. Both sides were impressive. 

Chelsea have to be the happier there... Away from home, down to 10 men and they get a big point away from home. 

• Like 1