****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

If true, who has the money left. Chelsea wants Lukaku and City just spent 100 million on Grealish 

Daaaamn. Who's gonna pony up the money now? Gonna be so F'ing weird to see him in another jersey.

47 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Looks like PSG are the odds on favorite. 

Sucky penalty kicker, Neymar, Messi 

Is a hellva front 3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sucky penalty kicker, Neymar, Messi 

Is a hellva front 3

Bumps his boy DiMaria out, I guess. Plus a solid midfield with pogba, winjaldum and verratti. Then ramos and hakimi in the back, plus gigio in net? JFC

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Bumps his boy DiMaria out, I guess. Plus a solid midfield with pogba, winjaldum and verratti. Then ramos and hakimi in the back, plus gigio in net? JFC

Hopefully they sign Pogba and give Man U some money for a DM. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Hopefully they sign Pogba and give Man U some money for a DM. 

I thought he was already confirmed like winjaldum and gigio? 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If true, who has the money left. Chelsea wants Lukaku and City just spent 100 million on Grealish 

He signed a new contract...

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He signed a new contract...

8 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

:roll:

NSFW language warning:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not even sure where Messi is going to go though...

Don't want him on Chelsea.

46 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Don't want him on Chelsea.

Don't want him at United. I think it'll be PSG or he'll end up staying at Barca. 

38 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Don't want him at United. I think it'll be PSG or he'll end up staying at Barca. 

I’m afraid Chelsea will get him. Looks pretty clear they are going to try. I just don’t want him. Rather have Lukaka. 

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

I’m afraid Chelsea will get him. Looks pretty clear they are going to try. I just don’t want him. Rather have Lukaka. 

Oh are they? I didn't realise they were interested in him. I mean that would be an amazing signing for Chelsea? They already have a team I think will compete for major titles. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh are they? I didn't realise they were interested in him. I mean that would be an amazing signing for Chelsea? They already have a team I think will compete for major titles. 

I checked it today and Roman is all over it.  I'd prefer to not bring in Messi and risk distracting the chemistry that is building within the squad to be honest.  Of course if he comes in and scores 25 goals and doesn't disrupt things then I'll be pretty happy.

Chelsea has one glaring hole and that is somebody that can score 20+ goals.  That's really it though they could use someone at center back given that Silva is getting up there in age and can't be counted on for a full campaign without missing extended time.  If they get Lukaka or Messi they can challenge City.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

I checked it today and Roman is all over it.  I'd prefer to not bring in Messi and risk distracting the chemistry that is building within the squad to be honest.  Of course if he comes in and scores 25 goals and doesn't disrupt things then I'll be pretty happy.

Chelsea has one glaring hole and that is somebody that can score 20+ goals.  That's really it though they could use someone at center back given that Silva is getting up there in age and can't be counted on for a full campaign without missing extended time.  If they get Lukaka or Messi they can challenge City.

I mean... Look chances are if Messi comes in he's going to score more than 25 goals. His track record suggests so anyway. But yeah I mean look different league, different team mates, different system. 

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean... Look chances are if Messi comes in he's going to score more than 25 goals. His track record suggests so anyway. But yeah I mean look different league, different team mates, different system. 

Maybe the whole Messi thing with Chelsea is just the final little nudge to get Lukaku back in London.  My message is simple.  Get Lukaku in house and forget about Messi who's going to PSG anyway.  That's enough to give Chelsea a fighting chance should clear favorites City run across any significant adversity.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Maybe the whole Messi thing with Chelsea is just the final little nudge to get Lukaku back in London.  My message is simple.  Get Lukaku in house and forget about Messi who's going to PSG anyway.  That's enough to give Chelsea a fighting chance should clear favorites City run across any significant adversity.

I think Chelsea should push City this year anyway. Though getting Lukaku definitely increases the possibility of Chelsea winning major silverware. They have a frighteningly good team. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think, unfortunately, this is going to be a huge signing for Chelsea. They needed a really good striker to finish their chances and Lukaku gives them that. With the chances they will create through their creative players this is massive for them. 

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2021 at 1:46 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not even sure where Messi is going to go though...

I say he goes to Juve and plays alongside CR 😄