****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

2-1 US!

The young Pepi with a header off a nice cross into the box.

They need to close this out.  No mistakes.  Get back on D.

Pepi with the go ahead goal and now he gets an assist for the insurance goal, 3-1 US.  Aaronson with his 2nd goal is as many matches.

And now 4-1 with a goal in ET.  This puts us at +3 GD tied with Canada and Panama with 5pts and +3 GD each.

Man Of The Match:  Antonee Robinson.  He started the comeback with an early 2nd half goal and brought loads of energy on the pitch while providing very good D on the backside.  Ricardo Pepi the runner up.  Very nice showing for the 18yo during an away WCQ CONCACAF match while trailing. 

7 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

Is very bad steal Jobu's Rum.

:roll:

Twellman basically said as much.  Said Berhalter got his tactics and personnel wrong for the 1st half, but figured that out and made the needed changes.  I was thinking when we were down 1-0 that if we fail to make the WC again then Berhalter needs to be sacked.  If they don't finish top 3 with an automatic bid he should be sacked.  We now have enough talent and depth that it should be expected we qualify for the WC.  I know Canada is a rising team and Mexico will always be good, but with all the young players on top teams in Europe and our population advantage we should never fail to qualify if we have solid coaching.

Pepi was outstanding and I've seen others say he was MotM, but Antonee Robinson was MotM for me.  His goal started it and his energy and play brought life to the US team.  We needed someone to step up last night and he answered the call.  Pepi did, too, but since he was out there for that dismal 1st half then I have to give it to Robinson for being the spark.  It is nice that Pepi staked his claim to being the ST we need.  Hopefully he keeps it going the rest of WCQ.  A top 3 of him, Pulisic, and Reyna (18, 22 and 18 respectively) is very promising.  I loved how Pulisic was making runs and dribbles at defenders.  Despite getting hacked all night, and until he picked up a hard knock, he was clearly playing like a leader.  He deserves the captain's armband. 

Back on.  Leicester at home vs. ManC looks interesting.  Tott in a derby with Palace as well.

He's a very very special player.  The top is already aligned with the four clubs who have a shot all bunched.

• Like 1

Benzema with a hat trick, Vinicius scores a goal in his 4th consecutive game.

Vinicius seems to have worked out his anxiousness when shooting. He’s very composed now and puts all of his shots on net. If the kid keeps this up, he’s going to be one of the very best in the world. His speed and dribbling are already world class.

11 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Ronaldo scored already.  Welcome back I guess

Well that didn't take long

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Ronaldo scored already.  Welcome back I guess

Was there ever any doubt that Ronnie would would come in on a mission?

• Like 1

Wan-Bissaka from Man U gets a straight red card 35 minutes into the game. Dumb play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

Wan-Bissaka from Man U gets a straight red card 35 minutes into the game. Dumb play.

Dumb play and he's going to cost his team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Lol @ Man U 

They've actually put themselves in a big hole early in that group. That's not an easy group despite what some say.

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They've actually put themselves in a big hole early in that group. That's not an easy group despite what some say.

If Villarreal comes out and craps the bed it will soften the blow for sure. They are down 1-0 so far. 

8 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Barcelona Bayern is one of the better games today

Nope