EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

51 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Are there things you’d say on here that you wouldn’t say in normal conversation in the real world?

I think your premise begs the question as to why the EMB isn't the real world? 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel Kiper on 2023 QBs:

#12 - Van Dyke really impressed me once he took over as the Hurricanes' starter. He is a big (and mobile) quarterback with a tremendous arm. He's fun to watch. Check out the ball location on this touchdown throw against Duke. Van Dyke can stick the ball into tight windows with accuracy. I expect a big season from him in 2022, and he could rise even higher.

#13 - Richardson. This ranking is all about potential because Richardson is an enormous talent, and I've heard he has had a great spring. He didn't get many chances as a passer last season -- he's not a finished product there -- but he has fantastic dual-threat ability. Just watch this 80-yard scamper to see his speed and power as a runner. If Richardson takes a step as a passer, we're going to talk about him as a potential top-three pick in this class. That's a big "if," of course.

#22 - Levis, who transferred to Kentucky from Penn State, made some "wow" throws last season. He has a powerful arm, though he needs to be more precise. He threw too many picks, trying to force a few too many into tight windows. Levis also can beat defenses with his legs; he had four rushing scores in the win over Louisville. Consistency is an issue, but Levis' traits are intriguing.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/34007516/nfl-draft-2023-rankings-mel-kiper-top-25-prospects-big-board-best-position-including-anderson-jr-bryce-young-cj-stroud

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Mr Photo Op. hard at work   

Such a fraud.  Notice the gold and shades.  

8C776ABA-1BD0-44B5-8385-5BC9A8B36853.jpeg

I hope by the start of the season he looks like Mr. T just so we can have you complain about it.  

16 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You’re going way too deep man….it’s a message board, if anything here really affects you in daily life (outside of posters having legit health issues) you ought to step away

I'm it going to deep, if people weren't affected by anything anyone says in here people would get mad at each other.

If someone tells me I'm an idiot because I think hurts is great/bad it rolls off my back, territory of the board.

Now if someone constantly or occasionally puts down others or me In a durogatory way or masks it through sarcasm and claimed playful bullying then I as I'm sure others are affected by that, at least from what I've observed from the conversations on this board over the years people are affected by the words of other posters in this board, so more than others sometimes at varying degrees.

To think one can post whatever one wants and there are zero consequences and no one is affected by each other's posts would explain why some posters seem to go out of their way to act like a holes.

If one truly believes ones words on this message board have zero affect on anyone else ever than why would one ever think about the consequences of what they post not to mention why would they lost at all.

If words on this board had zero affect why are there 199 pages of multiple posters day after day trying to convince once each other that hurts sucks or doesn't?

Words matter, words have power, and consequences.

Even if that consequence is another poster calling another poster out for not believing their words affect anyone.

16 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Whatever happened to sticks and stones? Kids today are soft

I don't know about that entirely.  I mean they have live shooter drills in schools which seems more real than the nuclear drills we had when I was a kid.  Every sport is like a year round commitment with extra coaching like they're going to be pros.  They get tested out the wazoo.  If you're grades are above a 4.0 you can forget about going to the top state school.  College costs have risen at 5 times the rate of inflation.  People carry around computers which track most things they do.  

46 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

But where do you display it in your house? 

My Toejamator? Why where do you display it?

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I'm it going to deep, if people weren't affected by anything anyone says in here people would get mad at each other.

If someone tells me I'm an idiot because I think hurts is great/bad it rolls off my back, territory of the board.

Now if someone constantly or occasionally puts down others or me In a durogatory way or masks it through sarcasm and claimed playful bullying then I as I'm sure others are affected by that, at least from what I've observed from the conversations on this board over the years people are affected by the words of other posters in this board, so more than others sometimes at varying degrees.

To think one can post whatever one wants and there are zero consequences and no one is affected by each other's posts would explain why some posters seem to go out of their way to act like a holes.

If one truly believes ones words on this message board have zero affect on anyone else ever than why would one ever think about the consequences of what they post not to mention why would they lost at all.

If words on this board had zero affect why are there 199 pages of multiple posters day after day trying to convince once each other that hurts sucks or doesn't?

Even if that consequence is another poster calling another poster out for not believing their words affect anyone.

If you get angry about something said to you, it is a choice you are making.  

1 minute ago, greend said:

My Toejamator? Why where do you display it?

I just keep a jar in the pantry. 

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Don't like someone? Block them. Easy, peasy

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

This post by you explains so much about the way you post.

If you believe that nothing you say has any affect on anybody or anything in the real world than it makes sense that you would say whatever all the time without ever weighing the consequences your words have on others or the world.

The people typing on the other side of your screen are real people, well at least on this board though sometimes I wonder if you and others are Russian troll bots paid for by the Dallas cowboys...🤷‍♂️

Words have power whether they are to someone's face in the real world or on an Internet message board, everything you and everyone else does and or says has an effect on everyone else.

Essentially you are saying nothing you say matters or carries any weight in the real world, if so why would anything you say on here matter then 

Maybe you should just stop posting since nothing you say matters anyway.

:roll: Jalen Hurts sucks. So sorry if you're logged in Jalen. Here's the flip side for you. If you or anyone else bases their life decisions or anything at all based on the things we discuss in here. Go get some freaking help like right now!

This is a place to discuss things, if you can't handle that people have different opinions than you (sometime right and sometimes wrong) I'm not sure you have what it takes to be here.

PM me the pictures of your outfit today so I can tell you whether or not to wear it in public. 

14 minutes ago, greend said:

They sure as hell fought through their fears so you could enjoy that freedom. That said do you shoot off fireworks? 

No, I don't shoot off fireworks. I have a neighbor across the street that sufferers from PTSD, and sadly I still see him suffer since others in the neighborhood fire them off.

18 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Fundamentally, people who have PTSD are having a neurological response to a trigger.  It's not something that can be "fought through" because your brain has released norepinephrine and cortisol in huge amounts to trigger your body to react to the situation.  There's a myth about the mind and free will that we can somehow draw on some unlimited resevior or self restriant and will power in any situation to control behavior.  This is just not the way the brain works.  You can treat PTSD.  You can get CBT and exposure therapy which helps alleviate symptoms.  You can't ultimately keep the brain from releasing these chemicals which cause the flight/fight reaction.  Treatment can mediate the condition so that it's not necessarily disabling.  There is definitely literature which supports that repeated exposure to stress and cortisol has health risks.  

There's a big difference between having bad feelings and a trauma induced flight reaction. It sees like an awful lot of people label themselves as having PTSD when they just have generalized anxiety.  Even if someone has PTSD, they can get treatment that mediates their response to allow them to function through their exposure.  

I'm not comparing the twisties to someone with PTSD. The twisties are not simply, "i'm scared, so i'm not going to do it". The initial push was against the notion that fighting through fears isn't harmful to your mental health.

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

You do realize without the knee problem, he may have been the second or third QB off the board right? You are acting like he was always meant to be undrafted....that isn't the case. It's really not a long shot for the eagles to bring him in. And why did he pick Philly (who paid him well) versus other teams? Probably because there is an understanding this job may be coming available later down the road after he's had a chance to rehab. Just my guess. 

Seems like a reasonable take.It seems possible that he fell because of an issue that is no longer an issue. We'll know more by September. We'll also know more if Minshew is traded.

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  He just wants to feel better about his life and he comes here.  I feel bad for him.  

Are you going to start reporting people again?  

Are you going to continue to whine like a 15 year old school girl to other posters about me or are you finally going to man up and grow a pair and handle your own business?

Maybe if you weren't a jerk to so many posters you wouldn't constantly be getting reported banned and warned.

I've never reported you, even if I had ,this isnt prison, snitches don't get stitches, there's no shame in a poster  reporting another poster for being a jerk or not following board rules, this board is supposed to be a safe space, I could easily see a poster reporting you for your actions and words that threaten that safe space.

Especially when one feels their words have zero affect and zero consequences.

Which again if one truly believes that why post at all, what's the point?

I'm sure you won't answer any of the above because you can't and you'll come back by calling me a name or posting to another poster about me in an effort of solidarity.

Good luck with that!

27 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

I saw more recent videos, like the combine, and he looked unhampered. Add the fact that you're not allowed to hit QBs anymore, and I think he'll be fine

Yup,his movement looked better than last year and the year before.

The key for him will be his ability to quickly mentally process the game 

Even with a good knee he's not a guy that going to run around and make plays or run away from the defense.

He's a drop back stand tall quickly accurately deliver the ball in time,his success or unsuccess will be based on his ability or inability to do that at a high level.

2 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

No, I don't shoot off fireworks. I have a neighbor across the street that sufferers from PTSD, and sadly I still see him suffer since others in the neighborhood fire them off.

I'm not comparing the twisties to someone with PTSD. The twisties are not simply, "i'm scared, so i'm not going to do it". The initial push was against the notion that fighting through fears isn't harmful to your mental health.

That is great and I'm glad to hear that. I would do the same if any of my neighbors dealt with that. My son had it according to the VA but fireworks don't seem to bother him.

2 hours ago, pallidrone said:

My guess? IR after the first pre-season game and probably cut after the pre-season next year.

Wishful thinking?

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Are you going to continue to whine like a 15 year old school girl to other posters about me or are you finally going to man up and grow a pair and handle your own business?

Maybe if you weren't a jerk to so many posters you wouldn't constantly be getting reported banned and warned.

I've never reported you, even if I had ,this isnt prison, snitches don't get stitches, there's no shame in a poster  reporting another poster for being a jerk or not following board rules, this board is supposed to be a safe space, I could easily see a poster reporting you for your actions and words that threaten that safe space.

Especially when one feels their words have zero affect and zero consequences.

Which again if one truly believes that why post at all, what's the point?

I'm sure you won't answer any of the above because you can't and you'll come back by calling me a name or posting to another poster about me in an effort of solidarity.

Good luck with that!

Well therein lies your problem...you rely on "safe spaces". There's no such thing in this world, people can be Ds anywhere at anytime. You letting some rando on a message board affect you personally is problematic....for you. Of course we have discussions and different opinions, that's not what you're whinging about now. You're conflating personal attacks with opinions on various topics. I'll say it again for you, real slowly....if you are getting personally affected by something somebody says on this message board, you ought to step away for awhile. That's not healthy. 

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Mr Photo Op. hard at work   

Such a fraud.  Notice the gold and shades.  

8C776ABA-1BD0-44B5-8385-5BC9A8B36853.jpeg

Look at the inflatable shirt making his traps look gigantic

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Look at the inflatable shirt making his traps look gigantic

You know he's got a fan attached to his belt to blow wind directly upwards to inflate that shirt. 

25 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I don't know about that entirely.  I mean they have live shooter drills in schools which seems more real than the nuclear drills we had when I was a kid.  Every sport is like a year round commitment with extra coaching like they're going to be pros.  They get tested out the wazoo.  If you're grades are above a 4.0 you can forget about going to the top state school.  College costs have risen at 5 times the rate of inflation.  People carry around computers which track most things they do.  

Life is tough, always has been, always will be. There seems to be a strong current of not letting people fail....when sometimes, failure is the greatest learning tool you can have. That's what I meant by kids are soft. They always have a safety net nowadays it seems. Pros and cons to that I suppose, but the world seems to be in a weird place these days. 

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

If you get angry about something said to you, it is a choice you are making.  

I just keep a jar in the pantry. 

Totally agree, just like it's somebodies choice to say what they say.

Whether or not they are aware or meant to say things that give others the opportunity to choose to be angry still doesn't absolve them of the fact that words have affect on others.

If they didn't why speak/write/post at all???

If one is just arbitrarily typing words on a message board with the intent that it has zero affect on anyone than what is one doing?

Even when one is Trolling one is doing so with intent to illicit a response.

While I totally agree that people have a choice how they react to other people's words/actions I'm not going to go out of my way to say inflammatory things then when said person reacts claim my words have zero affect and its their choice to be offended/angry or not no?

And if I do say something that someone chooses to be angry with and it wasn't my Intent then I would apologize as it's socially normally acceptable to do.

If my Intent was to anger embarrass shame, show up another, ect... then the Intent of my words was to have affect.

If the Intent of my words was not to have any affect then why am I saying, typing, writing any words?

16 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

I don't know what causes the twisties but I would imagine it's a neurochemical problem that's not something that people can just "fight through."  To me it seems more like the yips.  Golfers and pitchers aren't risking breaking their necks if they keep trying to play through the yips.  

24 minutes ago, greend said:

:roll: Jalen Hurts sucks. So sorry if you're logged in Jalen. Here's the flip side for you. If you or anyone else bases their life decisions or anything at all based on the things we discuss in here. Go get some freaking help like right now!

This is a place to discuss things, if you can't handle that people have different opinions than you (sometime right and sometimes wrong) I'm not sure you have what it takes to be here.

PM me the pictures of your outfit today so I can tell you whether or not to wear it in public. 

Seems you've missed the boat altogether on this one and decided to go on a rant.

Didnt say anything you are ranting about but thanks for the tip.

4for4 said nothing he posts has any effect on anyone else therefore  nothing he posts has any affect in the real world 

I disagree and laid out why.

Your response to me makes my point for me 

I wasnt even addressing you yet my words on a message board illicited an affectual response. Unless you don't exist in the real world than words have affect on others.

I saw that Donald may retire. I think he should keep playing and make his achievements unreachable for any other player. He's already a HoF player

35 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Don't like someone? Block them. Easy, peasy

I've made it very clear to 4for4 that I don't like him, and I've explained to him multiple times why I dont block him even though he's asked me to do the same.

He knows why I dont block him if you would like to know pm me or him.

Otherwise I understand the intent of your advice and thanks for looking out👍

Archived