EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Warner and Romo did not come out of college with serious knee injuries.

The Eagles are taking a very, very long shot chance with him, which is what you do with UDFA. I would be shocked if he is still on the roster after preseason next year.

You do realize without the knee problem, he may have been the second or third QB off the board right? You are acting like he was always meant to be undrafted....that isn't the case. It's really not a long shot for the eagles to bring him in. And why did he pick Philly (who paid him well) versus other teams? Probably because there is an understanding this job may be coming available later down the road after he's had a chance to rehab. Just my guess. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

As I'm not a mental health professional nor privy to any ones mental health medical history it's not really my place to judge who or who isn't mentally ill or exhibiting or experiencing mental illness.

I think sometimes as sports fans we think since we're constantly judging and weighing the athletic performance or potential of a player that it qualifies us to do the same for other non athletic experiences.

It does not, even if I were a trained mental health professional it's unethical to make diagnosis without personally meeting said person and giving them an evaluation 

Not sure how many people here are following the depp heard trial, I'm not particularly following it but have seen a few clips, heards defense hired a "psychologist" who based his evaluation of Depp of him as a pirate in pirates of the Caribbean.😳🤔 That's straight up lunacy, almost as idiotic as stating one knows what someone's mental emotional state is because one saw them talk on TV during a sporting event.

It's a discussion board. Nothing you or I do or say on here affects anyone in the real world. So it's okay for us to have our opinions and even disagree with each other. 

2 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

I'd rather keep him around. If Hurts struggles then I'd want to be able to bring him in and see what we have. If we like what we see then we press forward but I'd want to know before next years draft.

If minshew is moved, I'd definitely keep him around. I just think minshew is here this year so he will be fine as #2 for the season 

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Mental health?   Come on.  More like sensitive millennial syndrome. 

Take it to CVON  😂

2 hours ago, greend said:

At first I agreed with Mike, but after I thought about it a while, I now agree with you. She wanted out because of the "twisties", IOW she was afraid she would get injured. The complete opposite of  Kerri Strug and her heroics.

Sorry but if I backed down every time because of my fears I would never leave the house. Mental health is nothing to joke about, fighting through fears isn't harmful to your mental health. In fact I would say just the opposite is true.

It's not as simple as she was afraid of getting injured. I would suggest looking into the "twisties" more.

Fighting through fears can most definitely be harmful to your mental health. Look at all the veterans that suffer through PTSD. Some suffer when fireworks are being shot off. Should they just fight through those fears so everyone else can enjoy their freedom to shoot fireworks?

7 minutes ago, greend said:

It's a discussion board. Nothing you or I do or say on here affects anyone in the real world. So it's okay for us to have our opinions and even disagree with each other. 

Are there things you’d say on here that you wouldn’t say in normal conversation in the real world?

Guest justrelax
3 hours ago, greend said:

At first I agreed with Mike, but after I thought about it a while, I now agree with you. She wanted out because of the "twisties", IOW she was afraid she would get injured. The complete opposite of  Kerri Strug and her heroics.

Sorry but if I backed down every time because of my fears I would never leave the house. Mental health is nothing to joke about, fighting through fears isn't harmful to your mental health. In fact I would say just the opposite is true.

Steve Sax.

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

If minshew is moved, I'd definitely keep him around. I just think minshew is here this year so he will be fine as #2 for the season 

Minshew will be kept.  The Eagles can't have a QB room of Hurts, Sinnett, and Strong.  Best thing for Strong is a redshirt season to build up the strength and functional mobility in his knee.  Sinnett is a nobody, and Hurts runs to contact.  

I agree with the poster who said the Eagles interest in Foles was likely due to having some type of offer for Minshew.  Once Foles chose IND it cemented Minshew to be here for the last year of his current deal, and he'll leave as a UFA after the season. 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Minshew will be kept.  The Eagles can't have a QB room of Hurts, Sinnett, and Strong.  Best thing for Strong is a redshirt season to build up the strength and functional mobility in his knee.  Sinnett is a nobody, and Hurts runs to contact.  

I agree with the poster who said the Eagles interest in Foles was likely due to having some type of offer for Minshew.  Once Foles chose IND it cemented Minshew to be here for the last year of his current deal, and he'll leave as a UFA after the season. 

That be my plan as well. Get him NFL quality rehab and get him ready for the #2 spot next year 

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

You do realize without the knee problem, he may have been the second or third QB off the board right? You are acting like he was always meant to be undrafted....that isn't the case. It's really not a long shot for the eagles to bring him in. And why did he pick Philly (who paid him well) versus other teams? Probably because there is an understanding this job may be coming available later down the road after he's had a chance to rehab. Just my guess. 

I am not acting that way. I am acting the way a person would with a prospect who has had multiple knee surgeries since high school and is battling a condition that most say he will have to continue to have surgery on if he plays.

2 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I am not acting that way. I am acting the way a person would with a prospect who has had multiple knee surgeries since high school and is battling a condition that most say he will have to continue to have surgery on if he plays.

Probably the same people who got us Dean in the third 

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

STFU.  You try way too hard.  

Weak.  

You try way too less.

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

STFU.  You try way too hard.  

Weak.  

🤣 Yeah, but it made me laugh after you busted balls last week.

1 hour ago, greend said:

I collect toe jam

But where do you display it in your house? 

5 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

But where do you display it in your house? 

It goes well in soups.

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

22 minutes ago, greend said:

This post by you explains so much about the way you post.

If you believe that nothing you say has any affect on anybody or anything in the real world than it makes sense that you would say whatever all the time without ever weighing the consequences your words have on others or the world.

The people typing on the other side of your screen are real people, well at least on this board though sometimes I wonder if you and others are Russian troll bots paid for by the Dallas cowboys...🤷‍♂️

Words have power whether they are to someone's face in the real world or on an Internet message board, everything you and everyone else does and or says has an effect on everyone else.

Essentially you are saying nothing you say matters or carries any weight in the real world, if so why would anything you say on here matter then 

Maybe you should just stop posting since nothing you say matters anyway.

18 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Probably the same people who got us Dean in the third 

Not even close to the same situation. Good try though.

23 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

That be my plan as well. Get him NFL quality rehab and get him ready for the #2 spot next year 

Arrrrgh matey, and if he can’t cut it, we’ll make him hobble off the plank! 

4 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Not even close to the same situation. Good try though.

Thank you lol at work so only being able to throw a jab a round right now XD 

9 minutes ago, Utebird said:

This post by you explains so much about the way you post.

If you believe that nothing you say has any affect on anybody or anything in the real world than it makes sense that you would say whatever all the time without ever weighing the consequences your words have on others or the world.

The people typing on the other side of your screen are real people, well at least on this board though sometimes I wonder if you and others are Russian troll bots paid for by the Dallas cowboys...🤷‍♂️

Words have power whether they are to someone's face in the real world or on an Internet message board, everything you and everyone else does and or says has an effect on everyone else.

Essentially you are saying nothing you say matters or carries any weight in the real world, if so why would anything you say on here matter then 

Maybe you should just stop posting since nothing you say matters anyway.

You’re going way too deep man….it’s a message board, if anything here really affects you in daily life (outside of posters having legit health issues) you ought to step away

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Can’t argue that.  As long as it makes one person laugh, it’s worth it. 😀

On a message board.  LOL

Whatever happened to sticks and stones? Kids today are soft

12 hours ago, Utebird said:

His knee injury scared teams off, I saw Mocks that had him going from middle of the first all the way to the 5th.

He has first round arm talent and put up first round stats albeit against crappy competition but guys like Trey Lance from smaller schools went in the First.

Only thing that would have dropped him out of the draft is the injury concerns.

I saw more recent videos, like the combine, and he looked unhampered. Add the fact that you're not allowed to hit QBs anymore, and I think he'll be fine

18 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

It's not as simple as she was afraid of getting injured. I would suggest looking into the "twisties" more.

Fighting through fears can most definitely be harmful to your mental health. Look at all the veterans that suffer through PTSD. Some suffer when fireworks are being shot off. Should they just fight through those fears so everyone else can enjoy their freedom to shoot fireworks?

Fundamentally, people who have PTSD are having a neurological response to a trigger.  It's not something that can be "fought through" because your brain has released norepinephrine and cortisol in huge amounts to trigger your body to react to the situation.  There's a myth about the mind and free will that we can somehow draw on some unlimited resevior or self restriant and will power in any situation to control behavior.  This is just not the way the brain works.  You can treat PTSD.  You can get CBT and exposure therapy which helps alleviate symptoms.  You can't ultimately keep the brain from releasing these chemicals which cause the flight/fight reaction.  Treatment can mediate the condition so that it's not necessarily disabling.  There is definitely literature which supports that repeated exposure to stress and cortisol has health risks.  

There's a big difference between having bad feelings and a trauma induced flight reaction. It sees like an awful lot of people label themselves as having PTSD when they just have generalized anxiety.  Even if someone has PTSD, they can get treatment that mediates their response to allow them to function through their exposure.  

53 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

They sure as hell fought through their fears so you could enjoy that freedom. That said do you shoot off fireworks? 

52 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Are there things you’d say on here that you wouldn’t say in normal conversation in the real world?

I'll say I have "discussions with people from various places and backgrounds" more in here than in the real world. 

Archived