EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hes been a start for the bulk of his time here and a playmaker at times. By far the best player from his draft class for the Eagles. Again that's what you hope you can get as a baseline for a 2nd round pick. 

There's frustration because he has flashed some talent and ability. But he's never put it all together for long enough. Maybe if he could get some of that Hurts Work Ethic™ he'd be much better. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy F.  When we say "taking the ball out of his hands" we're referencing the PASSING GAME.  Which is what teams ask good QB's to do.  Not focusing on the running game.

So say that. Don't be inaccurate. Simply say that the team relied more on the running game, of which Hurts is a major part, and less on the passing game.

Saying the team "took the ball out of his hands" is simply wrong.

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

There's frustration because he has flashed some talent and ability. But he's never put it all together for long enough. Maybe if he could get some of that Hurts Work Ethic™ he'd be much better. 

His biggest issue has always been health. He hasn't been able to stay healthy any season of his career. But when he has been available to play he has been productive. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So the eagles have a **** draft, they over pay for an above average running back and you think it's a win? no thanks.

Miles Sanders is about as big of a JAG as you can get. When you add in the fact that he went in the 2nd for a postion that you can find starters of the street. 

Pass

Well you just have some really terrible opinions all around so not surprised on this take from you. 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

His biggest issue has always been health. He hasn't been able to stay healthy any season of his career. But when he has been available to play he has been productive. 

Oh 0 TDs last year is productive?? 

19 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Dak threw the ball for much more and ran for much less than Hurts.

Dak threw for 37 TDs.

Your percentage of offense stat pays little attention to overall results.

I've been to some others in the 2010's but last win I definitively remember was Thanksgiving vs Cardinals 2008

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

Here it is

image.thumb.png.8b8683a5a3e32a205276c3ee28a354ba.png

image.thumb.png.4eea5cd0a7725c11fcdcaf01b91dbe99.png

As I recall it, I was one of the 44. Even from the day after the ACL, I had 100% total confidence in Nick.

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Any other stats you’d like to compare Prescott and Hurts?  You know, for accuracies sake.  Or are we done there?

Age 23 seasons.

QB A - 246 total yards a game, 1.8 TDS per game. .5 Turnovers per game.

QB B - 262 total yards a game, 1.7 TDs per game, .7 Turnovers per game.

Is that the comparison you were looking for?

53 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Question for the blog.

I have to come up to Philly/NJ for business the week of the home opener against Minnesota on MNF. Should I go to the game?

Things to consider. My last few in person games were:

vs Detroit 2019: L 24-27 (JJAW game)

@ Dolphins 2019: L 31-37 (DeVante Parker game)

@Tampa Bay 2018: L 21-27 (Fitzpatrick-Djack game)

vs Dallas 2013: L 3-17 (don't even remember what went wrong that game)

lol absolutely 

3 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/7/6/23196427/eagles-news-kenneth-gainwell-among-fantasy-football-sleeper-candidates-philadelphia-running-back-rb

Miles Sanders remains the top rusher for the team, but he’s been one of the least efficient in the league, as he has the fourth-lowest PFF run grade among the 30 backs with 400 or more carries over the last three seasons — two of the three running backs with a lower grade are now out of the league.

That's why PFF sucks for player evaluation. 

Some of the stats are cool.  But their rankings are horrible. 

11 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Age 23 seasons.

QB A - 246 total yards a game, 1.8 TDS per game. .5 Turnovers per game.

QB B - 262 total yards a game, 1.7 TDs per game, .7 Turnovers per game.

Is that the comparison you were looking for?

Are you comparing Dak's rookie year? If so, he posted 3667 PASSING yards, with 23 TDs to 5 INTs, and had a 67.8% completion percentage. If Hurts hit those numbers this year, it'd be a major improvement. But still a disappointment from a TD perspective. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Age 23 seasons?   WTH does that mean? 

When they were both 23 years old.

7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Are you comparing Dak's rookie year? If so, he posted 3667 PASSING yards, with 23 TDs to 5 INTs, and had a 67.8% completion percentage. If Hurts hit those numbers this year, it'd be a major improvement. But still a disappointment from a TD perspective. 

Pretty much this, plus he was 13-3, with a passer rating of 105, and a QBR of 77.  
 His 67.8 comp percentage made him one of very few QB’s to improve that number from college to the NFL.   At 23 Dak was a true rookie… 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Remember, according to him the Eagles are sold on Hurts long term, because they didn’t draft Pickett.  

This isn't an accurate statement. What I said was that the team felt that Hurts could improve this year based on their decisions in the draft. 

Why do you need to misrepresent my argument?

Totally normal to compare a 4th round rookie who entered TC battling for 3rd on the depth chart. spent limited time with the starters all offseason and only became the starter after the first 2 guys ahead had injuries vs a second year player who competed with the TC accuracy nets and took every single first team rep. 

So you’re trying to convince us

I am not trying to convince you of anything.

I am just pointing out the facts. Do with them what you want.

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Hurts accounted for 72 percent of the team's offense last year.

And 80% of our problems.

You need to Google what the word fact means.  You think the Eagles didn’t draft Pickett because they believe that Hurts can make the next step.  You’re passing that off as Fact!!   That isn’t fact.  That is an opinion.  Which is a dumb one.  Because Pickett sucks.  

Pickett is currently the favorite to win offensive rookie of the year, so I guess you know more than Vegas about how good or bad he is.

And it's a fact that the Eagles didn't draft Pickett when they could have at 18. So that tells you what they think of Hurts. Whether you agree with their assessment or not is up to you, but it is a fact that they made that decision. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You need to Google what the word fact means.  You think the Eagles didn’t draft Pickett because they believe that Hurts can make the next step.  You’re passing that off as Fact!!   That isn’t fact.  That is an opinion.  Which is a dumb one.  Because Pickett sucks.  

I agree with this. The eagles gave Carson wentz a massive extension and then still took hurts only the second round. Which tells me even if they had a Qb that they liked they’d still would’ve taken a QB like Pickett if they believed he could be good or great. They didn’t pass on Pickett cause of hurts. They passed on him cause they didn’t believe his talent was worthy of being a first round pick and especially where they were selecting. The eagles would take a Qb if they truly think he can be a good nfl QB regardless of who they have. Heck they drafted kolb in the 2nd with mcnabb here then signed vick cause they also thought they could resurrect his career because they value the position if they believe in the player’s ability. 

5 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

And 80% of our problems.

Only a true Eagles fan can classify going from 4-11-1 to 9-8 as a "problem."

Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

they’d still would’ve taken a QB like Pickett if they believed he could be good or great. 

Or they feel they have good already in Hurts.

That's the part you can't understand. 

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Only a true Eagles fan can classify going from 4-11-1 to 9-8 as a "problem."

Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold.

oh thats what I said...huh. Who knew

It seems like the argument is "no, we didn't take the ball out of Hurts' hands", only because he's the QB and touches the ball on every play :lol:

Quarterbacks are supposed to throw the ball.  When you have to turn him into a runner because he can't throw the ball consistently, that's not trusting him to run your offense.  Not even close :lol:

8 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Or they feel they have good already in Hurts.

That's the part you can't understand. 

Or if they thought Pickett was a potential franchise Qb like they did with Wilson or watson (who they were willing to trade for and one who might be suspended for an entire year but you are telling me they were sold on hurts they were still in on those markets but would’ve just passed up Pickett if they felt he could’ve been a franchise Qb) they’d have selected him  

see that’s the part you can’t understand. 

It's no wonder, because I don't think you can understand.  You keep changing your argument.  So one more time....did the Eagles not draft Pickett because they think Hurts is good or they didn't draft Pickette because they think Hurts could improve?  Which is it?  

Everything they have done in the offseason points to the fact that they think Hurts can improve. This includes not drafting Pickett when they could have.

If they thought Pickett had a higher ceiling than Hurts, they would have drafted him.

Is that really so tough for you to comprehend? Or should I use smaller words? 

Archived