EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Off topic:

If you go to a karaoke bar, I suggest singing 'Tennessee Whiskey' by Chris Stapleton, followed by 'Get Lucky' by Pharrell Williams and Daft Punk.

It's a winning formula.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s a little story I got to tell, about 3 bad brothers ya know so well 

Is it officially "I'm in the best shape of my life" season or is that more late July right before TC?

Stat I read today that people may have already known, but I didn't.

The Eagles are the only team in NFL history to sweep their division in one year and then follow that up the next season by getting swept in the division. 2004 & 2005.

Surprised that has never happened before in the NFL outside of that one instance.

27 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The Eagles are the only team in NFL history to sweep their division in one year and then follow that up the next season by getting swept in the division. 2004 & 2005.

Surprised that has never happened before in the NFL outside of that one instance.

Interesting thing I saw recently was this graphic showing which place every team has placed in their division for the past 20 years or something, and who went onto win the Super Bowl and win their division and what not.  In the timeframe the Eagles have never finished 3rd place in the division.  Always 1st, 2nd or 4th.  Never 3rd.  

If you're not going to place any position in a division over a lengthy timespan like that, I think 3rd would be the one to not get.  1st or 2nd you are either going to make the playoffs or have a chance at the playoffs (maybe).  4th means you were bad but at least you are getting the best draft position in the division.  3rd place you're just bad and you don't get the best draft position. You lose on both ends.  

10 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I took a few months off the board & it’s good to see the blog still having the same debate over Hurts we’ve had going forever 

What debate? He still sucks. Welcome back.

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Getting real easy to pick out the posters that weren’t here for Foles/Vick 

Or Mcnabb kolb 

3 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

This is why I always come back to the EMB Blog. I live for these nuggets of knowledge.

<Nuggets of Knowledge is patent pending>

3 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

This is why I always come back to the EMB Blog. I live for these nuggets of knowledge.

<Nuggets of Knowledge is patent pending>

Phrases can’t be patented, they’re trademarked

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.gif.4520938558edf568d93f449b3cd6d742.gif

Those dudes would put a Golden Corral out of business. 

I believe we cracked the 7,000 hour barrier during the night. We’re about 1/5th of the way there.

image.thumb.png.61c02993f48bfe1b801e5bb3ccaad4a6.png

Why do people think Carr is so much better than Cousins? Cousins is much more prolific, but the end result is eerily similar between the two. Yet Carr is 4-5 spots better?

Is it solely the "But he got MVP votes 7 years ago!” Crowd?

7 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Why do people think Carr is so much better than Cousins? Cousins is much more prolific, but the end result is eerily similar between the two. Yet Carr is 4-5 spots better?

I've never been high on Carr, personally. He's decent at best.

9 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

The list gets really squirly below the C+ point as well.  Winston/Dalton should be on the same tier as Goff/Wentz/Jones, if not below.  Throw Hurts and Tua on that same tier while they’re at it.  Makes little sense to have Lawrence on the same tier as Ryan and Cousins at this point either.  Fields and Zach Wilson should be on the bottom level.

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The list gets really squirly below the C+ point as well.  Winston/Dalton should be on the same tier as Goff/Wentz/Jones, if not below.  Throw Hurts and Tua on that same tier while they’re at it.  Makes little sense to have Lawrence on the same tier as Ryan and Cousins at this point either.  Fields and Zach Wilson should be on the bottom level.

100% agree Lawrence’s ranking is entirely assumption-based and not where he stands today, as well and Trey Lance’s (unless they expect Garoppolo to play some). There is some real Pessimism in this thread, but even leaning into that, saying Hurts is on par with an FCS project player who’s never played a down in the NFL is not my favorite thing.

2 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

100% agree Lawrence’s ranking is predictive and not where he stands today, as well and Trey Lance’s (unless they expect Garoppolo to play some).

There is some real Pessimism in this thread, but even leaning into that, saying Hurts is on par with an FCS project player who’s never played a down in the NFL is not my favorite thing.

Don’t know what QB you’re referring to 

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Don’t know what QB you’re referring to 

Trey Lance, NDSU FCS, I misspoke and he did play a little last year, meant to say has been benched until now. but again to say that bit of playing time was statistically on par with Hurts’ season is silly.

If you’re projecting Lawrence will have a strong year, then it’s also much less of a projection to say Garoppolo is off the squad by Sept1. They’re not carrying a 26m$ backup that no one wants to trade for; and he has to be part of the consideration for their QB ranking, which is out of bounds IMO

19 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Trey Lance, NDSU FCS, I misspoke and he did play a little last year, meant to say has been benched until now. but again to say that bit of playing time was statistically on par with Hurts’ season is silly.

If you’re projecting Lawrence will have a strong year, then it’s also much less of a projection to say Garoppolo is off the squad by Sept1. They’re not carrying a 26m$ backup that no one wants to trade for; and he has to be part of the consideration for their QB ranking, which is out of bounds IMO

Yeah, I’d be shocked if Jimmy G is still in SF a month from now.  I heard a podcast with Ellis and Derrick Gunn yesterday trying to put out there that the Niners’ front office doesn’t think Lance is ready, but I’m hearing just the opposite on NFL Radio — Lynch, Shanahan and everyone else there is proceeding on the premise Lance is good to go.

HOU makes a lot of sense for Jimmy G to backup/mentor Mills for the season.  I doubt SF would trade him to SEA.  CLE only makes sense if the NFL’s disciplinary officer suspends Watson for the full season, which might be up in the air with the appeal process 

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I would say that Kirk has generally played on better rosters throughout his career. This year the Raiders have the better roster but I think the Vikings are still a team that should be in the playoffs this year and push the Packers for the division. 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Yeah, I’d be shocked if Jimmy G is still in SF a month from now.  I heard a podcast with Ellis and Derrick Gunn yesterday trying to put out there that the Niners’ front office doesn’t think Lance is ready, but I’m hearing just the opposite on NFL Radio — Lynch, Shanahan and everyone else there is proceeding on the premise Lance is good to go.

HOU makes a lot of sense for Jimmy G to backup/mentor Mills for the season.  I doubt SF would trade him to SEA.  CLE only makes sense if the NFL’s disciplinary officer suspends Watson for the full season, which might be up in the air with the appeal process 

I keep checking in on the Watson disciplinary news, waiting for the shoe to drop. 

If Watson gets suspended, maybe Jimmy G winds up in Cleveland... unless Howie sneaks in there and trades Hurts to Cleveland.

20 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I keep checking in on the Watson disciplinary news, waiting for the shoe to drop. 

If Watson gets suspended, maybe Jimmy G winds up in Cleveland... unless Howie sneaks in there and trades Hurts to Cleveland.

Hurts was practicing in the rain. He’s got that it factor. Not getting traded for less than 3 firsts.

2 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

PFF has a stat for QB’s under pressure vs a clean pocket, Hurts was like 31st from a clean pocket, Jimmy G and Tua were 1st and 2nd, which again pushes the narrative that even though Daboll and Hurts were buddies at Alabama, Daboll still begged Saban to put Tua in, before the Nat. Championship game.  Most Alabama QB’s have a clean pocket, obviously. 

14 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Something just came out that a woman who accused Watson, has a son that denied she was assaulted and she actually liked Watson, until the lawsuits started.

https://firstsportz.com/nfl-news-deshaun-watson-case-shocking-claims-made-by-an-accusers-son/?amp

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/08/tony-buzbee-deshaun-watson-accuser-whose-son-undermined-her-claims-isnt-one-of-my-clients/amp/

Reuben Frank hit a new low for me today.  In his 10 Observations, he's always pushing one off the wall (sometimes impressive) stat for Jalen Hurts.  Today, for some reason he decided to say that in 26 games against teams with winning records, Josh Sweat only has 4 sacks.

Please Reub, if you're going to knock Sweat against winning teams, please do the same for Hurts.  Would love to see his numbers.

Archived