EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

23 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily unreasonable when you consider he missed two full games last year. If you’re projecting he plays all seventeen games, you’d have to assume he’d get about 500 more yards if you’re viewing him as the exact same player he was last year. When you account for natural improvement from season two to season three, along with the addition of Brown, another 500 yards seems rational. To me, anyways.

Those projected stats would put him top 5 for total yards by QB's last year only behind Brady, Herbet, Mahomes and Allen. If he's also putting up offensive production like that, it's likely that he won't be playing 17 full games either, or at the least, a much more conservative second half compared to last year where a lot of those stats were generated. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily unreasonable when you consider he missed two full games last year. If you’re projecting he plays all seventeen games, you’d have to assume he’d get about 500 more yards if you’re viewing him as the exact same player he was last year. When you account for natural improvement from season two to season three, along with the addition of Brown, another 500 yards seems rational. To me, anyways.

Don't discount an improved an Eagles defense, or ST for that matter to play a role increasing the offensive yards. There were too many long,  time-consuming drives given up by the defense followed by poor starting field position. An improvement in either can give the Eagles an additional 2-3 drives per game from last year.

Hurts is going to put up near 5,000 total yards...

...right before he turns the playstation off

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hurts is projected to have 1,000 more yards than last season?

Ok then.

Take the under, easy money

11 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Don't discount an improved an Eagles defense, or ST for that matter to play a role increasing the offensive yards. There were too many long,  time-consuming drives given up by the defense followed by poor starting field position. An improvement in either can give the Eagles an additional 2-3 drives per game from last year.

On the same hand, an improved Eagles defense or ST can easily decrease offensive yards by giving them a more favorable starting position. 

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

On the same hand, an improved Eagles defense or ST can easily decrease offensive yards by giving them a more favorable starting position. 

Yes, but...

If the Eagles D is better then perhaps there will be less junk time, down by 2 plus scores, for Hurts to pad his stats against some sort of prevent D.

The only change to the Eagles starting 11 on offense is AJ Brown; the other personnel is the same.  Kelce a year older, Lane a year older.  That Eagles PFF projection would have Hurts rising from 21st to 10th in NFL passing yards, while running for the same yardage (implying the same volume of QB runs).

For this to happen, either Hurts has to be much more efficient as a passer, or the RB group gets very few carries.  I seem to remember the Eagles being 2-5 last season while the RB group was being underused.

5,000 total yards for Hurts would be pretty insane.

Bit of a bold prediction: Hurts has less than 500 rushing yards.

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ah the impossible bar you love to hold Hurts to.

What's the impossible bar?  I'm not saying Hurts will improve by 1,500 yards like Allen did.  But it is certainly within the realm of possibility that he does increase it by 1,000.  Besides just his development through the experience he gained playing his first two seasons, another part of that breakout year for Allen was the addition of veteran great WR in Stefon Diggs.  Eagles had a veteran great WR in AJ Brown.  

10 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

5,000 total yards for Hurts would be pretty insane.

Bit of a bold prediction: Hurts has less than 500 rushing yards.

Yeah I think he will have closer to 500 rushing yards.  I forget what my prior predictions were but it was around 4k passing yards and 500 rushing yards.  Maybe like 28 TDs passes, 8 interceptions, 500 rushing yards and 7 TD runs.  

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

The only change to the Eagles starting 11 on offense is AJ Brown; the other personnel is the same.  Kelce a year older, Lane a year older.  That Eagles PFF projection would have Hurts rising from 21st to 10th in NFL passing yards, while running for the same yardage (implying the same volume of QB runs).

For this to happen, either Hurts has to be much more efficient as a passer, or the RB group gets very few carries.  I seem to remember the Eagles being 2-5 last season while the RB group was being underused.

Continuity on offense isn't a bad thing, especially when so many of the players outside of the offensive line (and including parts of the offensive line) are young and also now playing in their second year in this offense with this young coaching staff now having a second year of experience.  Add a great WR to the mix and that's not a bad thing to have continuity when you have a young talented core in place.  

Also RB group being underused in the first 6 or so games is an understatement.  They weren't really being used at all as part of the running game, certainly not in the first half of games. 

31 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Continuity on offense isn't a bad thing, especially when so many of the players outside of the offensive line (and including parts of the offensive line) are young and also now playing in their second year in this offense with this young coaching staff now having a second year of experience.  Add a great WR to the mix and that's not a bad thing to have continuity when you have a young talented core in place.  

Also RB group being underused in the first 6 or so games is an understatement.  They weren't really being used at all as part of the running game, certainly not in the first half of games. 

Thought hurts was a great rb, oh wait

Dirt coming out of Cleveland now reminds me of the dirt that came out on Wentz after his exit.  

17 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Josh Allen 2nd year: 3,089 yards passing & 510 rushing yards.

Josh Allen 3rd year: 4,544 passing yards & 421 rushing yards.

If you can’t see the difference between Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts arm you are not smart enough to have football opinions

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"Get It Done”.  Wow.  So inspiring.  

lmao you’re by far the most negative person on here, you remind me of rememberthekoy and kolbera 

I don’t think Hurts is great by any stretch but some of you despise RTK so much I think you’re rooting for Hurts to fail. 

For a rambling clown on a message board, he does a good job of getting in your heads. 

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I don’t think Hurts is great by any stretch but some of you despise RTK so much I think you’re rooting for Hurts to fail. 

For a rambling clown on a message board, he does a good job of getting in your heads. 

Yeah, that’s why he has all of us on ignore

8 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

While I hope he can take the leap.  I also think you have to look at the fact that he needed statistical anomaly games last year to break 200 yards/game and factor that.  I don't care what his stats are in terms of total yardage. We already know he doesn't have the arm to put those numbers up.  He needs to up his completion percentage, lead consistent long drives that result in points and beat good teams.

8 hours ago, aptosbird said:

Flip this the other way...the defense was routinely put in bad positions by the offenses inability to sustain anything.  An improvement in the offense can cut down on putting the defense on the field 2-3 times a game.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

If you can’t see the difference between Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts are you arm not smart enough to have football opinions

They're both listed as QB's on the depth charts of their respective teams though.

Hurts is a character dude and deserves one more shot.  He has everything he needs in front of him this year and enough experience behind him.  There are no excuses.

I'm rooting for him to take that big step forward.  Sadly, I don't believe he will be successful.  I think we get more of the same and ride to 11 wins and a playoff spot (possibly the division champ) but nothing more on his drive, legs, and mediocre/challenged arm.  Hope I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, that’s why he has all of us on ignore

Yet you constantly rush to argue with him. 

I miss Shocker. 

Archived