EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I don’t think Hurts is great by any stretch but some of you despise RTK so much I think you’re rooting for Hurts to fail. 

For a rambling clown on a message board, he does a good job of getting in your heads. 

Sausage stuffer

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:offtopic:

Anybody in the blog have a CISSP? I've been self-studying for a few months and finally bought a voucher and set a test date. 22 July.

I have my CCNA, Sec+, CAP, and CASP+ but have been told the CISSP exam is an entirely different animal. Any tips?

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

If you can’t see the difference between Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts are you arm not smart enough to have football opinions

This post broke am my are brain.

2 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

This post broke am my are brain.

Two words in the wrong place made it that hard for you to understand ??  In my defense, I golfed and drank all day.

9 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I don’t think Hurts is great by any stretch but some of you despise RTK so much I think you’re rooting for Hurts to fail. 

For a rambling clown on a message board, he does a good job of getting in your heads. 

I have to let you in on something …..

RTK doesn’t care a thing about Hurts; he cares about trolling.  If the majority of the EMB were excited and pumping Hurts’ tires, RTK would be crapping all over him like he does about Foles.  No one despises him, but I do wish when people quote him it wouldn’t show up for me to have to read.  

When a user is on ignore, replies to him should also be on ignore by default.  

43 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I have to let you in on something …..

RTK doesn’t care a thing about Hurts; he cares about trolling.  If the majority of the EMB were excited and pumping Hurts’ tires, RTK would be crapping all over him like he does about Foles.  No one despises him, but I do wish when people quote him it wouldn’t show up for me to have to read.  

When a user is on ignore, replies to him should also be on ignore by default.  

Responding to a troll means the troll wins. 

That’s why anytime you mention Skip Bayless or ESP they already won. People pointing out how dumb/intolerable/ignorant they are is their end goal. 

Same goes for RTK but he’s not good enough to get paid to do it 

33 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Responding to a troll means the troll wins. 

That’s why anytime you mention Skip Bayless or ESP they already won. People pointing out how dumb/intolerable/ignorant they are is their end goal. 

Same goes for RTK but he’s not good enough to get paid to do it 

@RememberTheKoy So, it's just an attention thing for RTK.

13 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

@RememberTheKoy So, it's just an attention thing for RTK.

Blog doesn't know what a troll is. To the blog, anyone who ever holds an opinion that differs from the echo chamber is a troll.  People here have the most outrageous inflated egos to believe that their opinions are the absolute undeniable truth. 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Blog doesn't know what a troll is. To the blog, anyone who ever holds an opinion that differs from the echo chamber is a troll.  People here have the most outrageous inflated egos to believe that their opinions are the absolute undeniable truth. 

You are a troll because you make hot takes, get owned for those takes, then hide behind the ignore feature

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

^ Trolling 101 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

^ Trolling 101 

Welcome to the blog where the only opinions that are considered non-trolling are ones where that Hurts is the worst QB in the league, Howie the worst GM in the league, Eagles haven't ever had a good draft, tight ends aren't important and whatever off the wall takes that are considered undeniable truths by the echo chamber. 

14 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Dirt coming out of Cleveland now reminds me of the dirt that came out on Wentz after his exit.  

Pretty much everyone can tell Baker was kind of a D-bag.  Didn't really need to hear ex teammates and coaches say it.  Wentz at least presented a humble, good guy attitude towards the media and fans.  How he was behind the scenes, not sure.  There have been rumors and reports that he wasn't a team guy but he never showed that if true.

10 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Flip this the other way...the defense was routinely put in bad positions by the offenses inability to sustain anything.  An improvement in the offense can cut down on putting the defense on the field 2-3 times a game.

Yeah, I got hung up into the yards discussion. I am not that into yards as the bellwether for success. For me it is whether the Eagles can put up 35 points anytime they absolutely have to. The run-focused offense kept scores lower I believe, but look no further than the Bucs playoff game to see the need to score points. I do not believe they can at this point win games at 35-34 etc

42 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Pretty much everyone can tell Baker was kind of a D-bag.  Didn't really need to hear ex teammates and coaches say it.  Wentz at least presented a humble, good guy attitude towards the media and fans.  How he was behind the scenes, not sure.  There have been rumors and reports that he wasn't a team guy but he never showed that if true.

Another example of trolling.  When it was clear Wentz was on his way out of IND, Jonathan Taylor immediately came out publicly to defend him.  Darius Leonard immediately came out publicly to defend him.  Those are the franchise’s team leaders.  Paris Campbell said on NFL Radio there is not one single player in the Colts locker room with a bad word to say about Wentz.

With Mayfield, in contrast, it was several weeks into months before Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett defended him publicly.  Two different scenarios; one franchise with a meddling owner who went off his meds to publicly criticize a player did not speak for the locker room.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Welcome to the blog where the only opinions that are considered non-trolling are ones where that Hurts is the worst QB in the league, Howie the worst GM in the league, Eagles haven't ever had a good draft, tight ends aren't important and whatever off the wall takes that are considered undeniable truths by the echo chamber. 

Kind of funny coming from the guy who has a bunch of people on ignore because their differing opinions owned him 

I took a few months off the board & it’s good to see the blog still having the same debate over Hurts we’ve had going forever 

2 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I took a few months off the board & it’s good to see the blog still having the same debate over Hurts we’ve had going forever 

Go be a redskin

1 minute ago, olsilverhair said:

Go be a redskin

oh god you’re still here 

10 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Nope.  No more discussion on him until September ….. because it’s a message board about the football team, and who wants to discuss the starting QB?

Getting real easy to pick out the posters that weren’t here for Foles/Vick 

image.thumb.png.063d49e90243af69ab2723fe77f73a0b.png

This was posted on Reddit…hilarious that even on his football card, they have him running rather than passing 

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

the battle over functional mobility...It was the first time the blog really became polarized in here. There were only a handful of us who stood by Foles at the time and got slaughtered in here. Funny how everyone now says they were always on the Foles bandwagon...selective memories...lol

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Nah I was around for that one also 

Archived