EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly i thought it was stupid when they said he was looking great and i also think this is stupid. Cause none of it actually matters except on Sunday this year. 

0-1 in practice

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly i thought it was stupid when they said he was looking great and i also think this is stupid. Cause none of it actually matters except on Sunday this year. 

Whoa. CJ Stroud is going to be in play now 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Derrick Gun then followed up on that remark of the Eagles QB by questioning the person, "So, what are you thinking?” The person who was giving this information to Derrick Gunn left very little room for optimism as he responded, "He’s got a ways to go.” Barrett Brooks then acknowledged that he’s heard the same information from within the organization.

It matters because that is who Hurts is....an anchor on what could be a good team this year if it wasn't for him.

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

How do you go 0/10 in any scenario in a drill that's supposed to instill confidence in you and your coaching staff that you can handle what you are seeing and make the right choice? I get that next practice he will go 8/10 and then the pendulum will swing...but you can ignore 0/10...like when is rent due again?

54 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

How do you go 0/10 in any scenario in a drill that's supposed to instill confidence in you and your coaching staff that you can handle what you are seeing and make the right choice? I get that next practice he will go 8/10 and then the pendulum will swing...but you can ignore 0/10...like when is rent due again?

"Practice? Are we talking practice? Not games? Practice?" -Allen Iverson

No news and then this nugget comes out about OTAs. Where was this news during OTAs?

It was like radio silence during OTAs. Eagles were putting out hype / propaganda films.

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

Happens to all rookies man

8 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Happens to all rookies man

Good point. Forgot about that third year rookie slump they always talk about 

7 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Good point. Forgot about that third year rookie slump they always talk about 

What I wanna know is: What were they were asking him to do in the drill? 

Probably something like read the D, find the open receiver?

And, what was the D doing that was such a mystery? Zone D?

And, how did the other QBs do in the same drill?

Where is the reporting on this stuff? I'm just a hack / dumb fan. Where are the smart people?

5 hours ago, blindside said:

The state of the blog has gotten pretty sad

You think is bad.... A message board I used to be a member of is in a full mental breakdown at the moment about something - its both and sad and highly entertaining to read.  The blog has issues, but other than the constantly dull Hurts stuff, is pretty good still.  It is very different to what it was, but then the way society interacts has changed.

21 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

What I wanna know is: What were they were asking him to do in the drill? 

Probably something like read the D, find the open receiver?

And, what was the D doing that was such a mystery? Zone D?

And, how did the other QBs do in the same drill?

Where is the reporting on this stuff? I'm just a hack / dumb fan. Where are the smart people?

You know for a fact they will never let you know this. There is no competition in Philly XD they handed him a job and gawtdammit they aren't going to give up on him due to his work ethic and leadership! Who cares what the product is in the field, it's what happens in the locker room that counts!

Dak Prescott is in the best shape of his career apparently.   I'm glad he isn't an Eagle, because he'd have also put on 15lbs of muscle too; phew

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t put any stock in anonymous sources, and I have a minimal amount of concern about OTA drills other than the players staying healthy.  When training camp hits, however, if we keep seeing reports of plays being blown dead because Hurts is running out of the pocket to the right and the clock running out on the play — that would signal a big problem IMO.

If, OTOH, Hurts is developing his pocket presence in training camp and showing accuracy, quick decision making, etc., that’s what fans should want to see.  Hurts doesn’t need any practice or reps running out of the pocket.

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

You should throw this in the hurts 2022 thread. Throw some flames on that sheet lol. See how many down play it

2 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Dak Prescott is in the best shape of his career apparently.   I'm glad he isn't an Eagle, because he'd have also put on 15lbs of muscle too; phew

These guys have money. They can afford the best in nutrition and training.

Look at Tom Brady, playing into his 40's.

Makes all the sense in the world to get in shape.

Plus, Dak is conscious of how good Jalen looks in the mirror.

16 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

These guys have money. They can afford the best in nutrition and training.

Look at Tom Brady, playing into his 40's.

Makes all the sense in the world to get in shape.

Plus, Dak is conscious of how good Jalen looks in the mirror.

Brady takes care of his body in game, no flexing or running too much. Am sure that helps - Dak did hire a personal trainer too - which surprised me as I just presumed he'd do that already.

And yeah.  Hurts look good and he can eat Crawfish and Cheesteaks look great. Clearly a SB winning QB right there

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You should throw this in the hurts 2022 thread. Throw some flames on that sheet lol. See how many down play it

Piss off the church of Hurts lol 

11 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Brady takes of his body in game, no flexing or running too much. Am sure that helps - Dak did hire a personal trainer too - which surprised me as I just presumed he'd do that already.

And yeah.  Hurts look good and he can eat Crawfish and Cheesteaks look great. Clearly a SB winning QB right there

QB bulking up can interfere with their throwing. Remember when McNabb bulked up. I think he threw more worm burners as a result.

23 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Obviously Hurts is experiencing the wrath of Jonathan Gannon

Gannon was pretty good at shutting down below average QBs last year

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

anything pact the  B+ area this list is atricous. 

Lawrence has done nothing in the league, not even glimpse of being good. To have Wentz below Fields, Mills, Wilson, etc etc is laughable. 

To have Hurts, Tua and Lance at anything more than an D+ is dumb. 

Kyler Murray blows. Matt Ryan is 1000 years old, wont play a full season. Jamies Winston... Cmon MAN

Lamar Jackson looks rated too high here based on last 2 years. Yes, 2019 was great.

Very interesting to see what the Ravens do about resigning Lamar Jackson.

Because he wants to get extended and I don't think he's worth it.

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

It sounds to me like they told him he must stay in the pocket for those 10 plays, and pass the ball. He was not allowed to run when he did not know what to do. 

And what we saw in the Tampa game was if you take away his run lanes, he will fail horribly. 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

I walked by the TV this morning and ESPN or NFLN said he took the Ravens out of his Social media? or his backdrop or whatever the F these millennial passive aggressive kids do. 

Good less competition for your Steelers 

19 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Once again, Chris Long is a legend

Thanks to Zach Wilson, the Jets have finally scored 40+

Archived