EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So a guy who cant read a defense, cant make all the throws and only succeeded when we took the ball out of his hands is now "troubling" to the front office. wTF were they doing for the last 9 months. 

I was ok with them not reaching on QB this year.  I wanted no part of Dehawn, and felt it made no sense to overpay for Wilson at this stage of his career.  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So a guy who cant read a defense, cant make all the throws and only succeeded when we took the ball out of his hands is now "troubling" to the front office. wTF were they doing for the last 9 months. 

Roseman and Lurie put on their poker face postseason and predraft with positive statements about Hurts being their guy.

But, they kicked the tires on Deshawn Watson and Russell Wilson. They would have traded for those guys.

Now, it's hearsay that the Eagles are not comfortable with Hurts as the starting QB.

Not sure what sort of game is being played.

They say all the right things to protect the reputation and feelings of their developing QB.

But, they're letting out stories about their concerns to local writers?

40 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh, I also forgot, Derrick Gunn, obviously racist.

4 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Roseman and Lurie put on their poker face postseason and predraft with positive statements about Hurts being their guy.

But, they kicked the tires on Deshawn Watson and Russell Wilson. They would have traded for those guys.

Now, it's hearsay that the Eagles are not comfortable with Hurts as the starting QB.

They say all the right things to protect the reputation and feelings of their developing QB.

They also traded a 1st this year for an additional first next year in a much deeper QB class.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Oh, I also forgot, Derrick Gunn, obviously racist.

They also traded a 1st this year for an additional first next year in a much deeper QB class.

It will be a year of rooting for the Saints to lose and watching where they land in the draft order.

12 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

When hope is your strategy 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

When hope is your strategy 

People ignored the brain part of him getting better. Josh Allen though!! 

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Frankly i thought it was stupid when they said he was looking great and i also think this is stupid. Cause none of it actually matters except on Sunday this year. 

Same site said how well he did in the open OTA practices a month ago.  Sounds like BS to me, especially since the Eagles ran no 10/10 only some 7/7, so "sacks”?  Also, and this is the problem with this type of a report, was this a drill for the D, if it actually happened?  They do that in drills where the D knows what is coming. But seeking clicks?  Success. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/7/11/23203535/jalen-hurts-derrick-gunn-eagles-not-very-comfortable-right-now-starting-quarterback-philadelphia-qb

• DGunn’s line about how "this organization is not very comfortable right now with Jalen Hurts” makes me believe the concern is not limited to one bad practice in late May. DGunn doesn’t have a reputation of being hyperbolic and throwing stuff against the wall.

I wouldn't put much stock in any of these reports to be honest, the rubber will meet the road soon enough.

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Same site said how well he did in the open OTA practices a month ago.  Sounds like BS to me, especially since the Eagles ran no 10/10 only some 7/7, so "sacks”?  Also, and this is the problem with this type of a report, was this a drill for the D, if it actually happened?  They do that in drills where the D knows what is coming. But seeking clicks?  Success. 

He was not saying they ran 10/10, he said it was a 10 play scenario, and those 10 plays were horrible.  3 sacks, 3 picks, 4 incompletions

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

I wouldn't put much stock in any of these reports to be honest, the rubber will meet the road soon enough.

They always report " would have been sacked on the play " during 7 on 7 work.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But i was told because of how much they were sold on hurts is why they didn’t take Pickett regardless if they felt Pickett could or couldn’t be a franchise QB. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

But i was told because of how much they were sold on hurts is why they didn’t take Pickett regardless if they felt Pickett could or couldn’t be a franchise QB. 

You were also told they used that pick on AJ Brown, who was at OTAs, catching passes, and directly contradicted the anonymous report.

But believe what you want. Facts are only as effective as the capability of the individual to comprehend them.

28 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

You were also told they used that pick on AJ Brown, who was at OTAs, catching passes, and directly contradicted the anonymous report.

But believe what you want. Facts are only as effective as the capability of the individual to comprehend them.

First, i posted the original comment saying i didn’t believe he was great when reports came out during that time. And i also said i don’t believe this report either. I really don’t care except for 17 Sundays and the playoffs what he looks like. So good job reading what i wrote about a page back. 

also you making up facts like the only reason the eagles didn’t draft Pickett was only due to their love/sold on jalen hurts aren’t facts. You have no factual evidence on what the hell the Eagles thought about Kenny Pickett and why they didn’t select him or what their actual view on him as a franchise QB. Just like i don’t have facts to say they didn’t or did view him as a franchise QB. However my opinion is that if they thought he could be Joe Burrow, Herbert or an elite/good franchise quarterback they’d have drafted him and he’d be on this team based off the fact they viewed him that way and tried to replace hurts for two consecutive offseasons with Wilson, watson and tried to trade up for Zach Wilson. 

You have an theory/opinion on it. Cause the Steelers liked Pickett means the eagles had to like Kenny Pickett? Because no way 2 different franchises had opposing views or evaluations on the player. I guess with your theory the Steelers must have also thought reagor was worthy of a first round grade since the Steelers and eagles have to think alike on players in a draft. 

37 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Best friend to the defense!!! Didn't see that one coming...just like Jalen against the bucs

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

the problem is, these are Hurts's numbers against the 3-14 Giants and the 7-10 Broncos. 

On a side note, Jimmy G, and his team find a way to win. Jalen Hurts got boat raced by Tampa and the game was over 7 minutes into the 2nd quarter

Thing is, Jalen was a young inexperienced in his first season starting.  Growing pains and trying to help a young inexperienced QB along with the running game should be expected. 

Those numbers from Jimmy are when he was in his late 20s with many years of expierence under his belt and he was still being shielded from throwing by his coach. 

Also, Eagles won last year with Jalen, they made the playoffs.  If you want to look at how the 49ers with Jimmy G were able to make playoff runs though and the Eagles weren't last year then a big part of that would be because the 49era have had a contending roster with a contending defense that helped carry them along with their running game.  It wasn't due to Jimmy putting them on their back. The Eagles did not have a strong contending defense last year. 

But hey, don't ever let context ever get in the way of your ignorance. 

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

also you making up facts like the only reason the eagles didn’t draft Pickett was only due to their love/sold on jalen hurts

This is where people like you lose the plot. Nowhere did I make the argument that the only reason the Eagles didn't draft Pickett was because they believe in Hurts. I made the argument that the totality of the offseason moves - the failed attempts at getting legit franchise qbs in Watson and Wilson, the trading for AJ Brown, bringing back Kelce, and passing on a decent qb prospect in Kenny Pickett, trading a first-round pick for future picks, shows everyone exactly what the Eagles think about Jalen Hurts. That they think he has the capacity to improve, but are clearly hedging their bets in case he doesn't.

But you have to misconstrue my argument because you can't argue with my position, which is the only rational position to have. Typical ignorant blog poster. Can't argue the facts so just make up crap and argue against that.

It's the reason good posters have left and all that remains is the moron crew spewing crap all day.  

45 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I would based on him not being good against good teams. He's not a starting NFL QB and some of us have been saying this for a long time.

23 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

2dc0a134-95e7-4d0b-9ed2-aaf48671f319_text.gif

you watch it pal

I see the Hurts Stans are coming out of the woodwork and feverishly typing away to try and defend him. 

"Butbut look at what his best friend had to say!"

😂

Archived