EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Kenny Pickett is #4. Clearly the Eagles are enthralled with Jalen Hurts to pass on an elite merch mover like that. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kenny Pickett is #4. Clearly the Eagles are enthralled with Jalen Hurts to pass on an elite merch mover like that. 

If only the eagles used the Steelers merchandise analytics 

7 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

It’s only a *technically in July* list. Notice Baltimore and Arizona only a few million behind with monster QB contracts looming.

How does Baltimore have that much in their offense after dumping Hollywood Brown, spending all their money on D, and NOT having a top QB contract? That’s crazy

I'm assuming he's going by cap space allocation, so Murray and Jackson extensions would likely lower their cap hits. 

Baltimore has Jackson on his 5th year for $23M and Stanley for $18.5M followed by Andrews with $9.6M and Zeitler for $9M. That's half the total alone for just 4 starters. 

It's really a pretty dumb list if they are going by cap hits since teams can manipulate it so easily. Lions are just carrying Goff at such a high number because they have no long term commitment to him, but could easily lower it if they wanted. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm assuming he's going by cap space allocation, so Murray and Jackson extensions would likely lower their cap hits. 

Baltimore has Jackson on his 5th year for $23M and Stanley for $18.5M followed by Andrews with $9.6M and Zeitler for $9M. That's half the total alone for just 4 starters. 

Now do the $115M the Patriots are spending .... on nobodys    

See the source image

55 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lions really using that money wisely 

9ABFCA40-D008-4D3B-8E47-7173C9C5D84D.thumb.jpeg.be969cbb727513b9871e7f66fa79c716.jpeg

Just quoting for reference, since the more I thought about it the more misleading this list actually is. If you look at it from a cash basis:

1. Rams 

2. Panthers

3. Browns

4. Bucs

5. Saints

6. Bills

7. Commanders

8. Raiders

9. Lions

10. Dolphins

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Now do the $115M the Patriots are spending .... on nobodys    

See the source image

When you galaxy brain Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith and Nelson Agholor to combine for $43.5M

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

When you galaxy brain Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith and Nelson Agholor to combine for $43.5M

Good thing Joe Judge is the OC ... QB Coach .... pass game coordinator ..... whatever he is.  Add Matt Patricia as run game coordinator.  

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gives new meaning to the phrase 'Standing in the Pickett line' 🤣

7 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Gives new meaning to the phrase 'Standing in the Pickett line' 🤣

Zach Wilson is going to be #1 by end of the week 

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Zach Wilson is going to be #1 by end of the week 

F6AF40FF-7844-46BE-9C24-9867CE5C2A15.jpeg

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Next few days we will see tweets on how Carson Strong has impressed the coaching staff.

14 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Next few days we will see tweets on how Carson Strong has impressed the coaching staff.

After the media gushed over Carson Strong on the first day he was throwing in Eagles practice, there has been a total media blackout on Carson Strong and Gardner Minshew.

Looks like a conspiracy...

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

I’d put his fiancée up there as elite 

16 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

After the media gushed over Carson Strong on the first day he was throwing in Eagles practice, there has been a total media blackout on Carson Strong and Gardner Minshew.

Looks like a conspiracy...

They know how Philly is with their back ups. They are trying to protect Hurts as much as possible 

Carson Strong isn't getting talked about because he's an UDFA QB and it's July. We're not getting a lotta Reed Blankenship buzz either. 

26 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Carson Strong isn't getting talked about because he's an UDFA QB and it's July. We're not getting a lotta Reed Blankenship buzz either. 

It's risk / reward. I don't want to ook back on my posts at the end of the year and realize I wasted July talking about a couple of benchriders

9 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I wouldn't put much stock in any of these reports to be honest, the rubber will meet the road soon enough.

If the water is above you...you're drowning.  

8 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Nervous about what?

Hurts is going to be the starting qb this year. Nothing you think is going to change that.

If he plays well and the team wins, I get to enjoy that. If he doesn't, the team has draft picks next year to upgrade. Either way, I am fine. Hurts haters, on the other hand, have painted themselves into a corner where the better the team does, the more miserable they become. That's a position I don't envy.

No...I just can't stomach half the season wanting to break my TV before half time.  I want the Eagles to succeed.  I want to see if we have a good HC, DC, OC, skill position players, role players, etc.  Hurts held the team back tremendously last year, and flashed no where near as much as you'd like.  I hope he takes a gigantic leap this year and I can enjoy Eagles football again.  Even being average would be much better than what we had to endure last year.

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

They know how Philly is with their back ups. They are trying to protect Hurts as much as possible 

Yeah that sounds like the media.  Trying to protect the a player and the team.  

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hmm.  I thought Barber was another one of the victims of the Covid vaccine, per Yinzercarty 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34228558/officials-say-former-dallas-cowboys-chicago-bears-running-back-marion-barber-iii-died-heat-stroke

Heat sensitivity is a side effect of it...google it, dummy!

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hmm.  I thought Barber was another one of the victims of the Covid vaccine, per Yinzercarty 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34228558/officials-say-former-dallas-cowboys-chicago-bears-running-back-marion-barber-iii-died-heat-stroke

The PFT article said he had his temp set to 91 and on heat, while a bathroom faucet ran hot water because he "was known to work out in sauna like conditions.”

What a dumb way to go.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Shut up *****.  No one was talking to you.  

❤️ you too bud

14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont think anyone is a true Hurts  Hater. I think all, or 99% of us want him to succeed. 

BUT, if you turned on just 1 game after week  youll realize that the eagles won the lest Hurts was involved. 

Think about, the less Hurts had the ball in his hand, the better...WAY BETTER the team did. 

They don't understand that. 

They think that not being sold/being critical means you want him and the Eagles to fail.

14 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Racist Steeler fans are thrilled to finally be able to replace their Roethlisberger jerseys.  

Archived