EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Swoop said:

I see the Hurts Stans are coming out of the woodwork and feverishly typing away to try and defend him. 

Like (checks notes) AJ Brown and Lane Johnson?

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But we just heard the other week, they’re likely to give him a new deal next year. 

Hard to believe someone is going to be wrong on the internet. 

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Like (checks notes) AJ Brown and Lane Johnson?

Didn't (checks notes) players like Lane, Cox, etc support Wentz for being a great leader and team guy? Only for him to be traded away and the next franchise he went to also confirm he was a turd?

Did you mean like that?

I see you're starting to get nervous.

30 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

This is where people like you lose the plot. Nowhere did I make the argument that the only reason the Eagles didn't draft Pickett was because they believe in Hurts. I made the argument that the totality of the offseason moves - the failed attempts at getting legit franchise qbs in Watson and Wilson, the trading for AJ Brown, bringing back Kelce, and passing on a decent qb prospect in Kenny Pickett, trading a first-round pick for future picks, shows everyone exactly what the Eagles think about Jalen Hurts. That they think he has the capacity to improve, but are clearly hedging their bets in case he doesn't.

But you have to misconstrue my argument because you can't argue with my position, which is the only rational position to have. Typical ignorant blog poster. Can't argue the facts so just make up crap and argue against that.

It's the reason good posters have left and all that remains is the moron crew spewing crap all day.  

They built the roster to be good this year and long term. They didn’t just build the roster for strictly due to being sold jalen hurts ability this year. They made the moves cause it set the eagles up best this and long term with or without hurts. If they had Gardner minshew starting I’m guessing they would’ve been in on aj brown cause he’s 25 and a pro bowl caliber player and they got him for value they were fine with. It helped he’s friends with hurts but that doesn’t mean the eagles would’ve been completely out of hurts was not here.

Aj brown and Hassan weren’t just signed for 2022. They were signed to be here after as they were young and positions they coveted. The only player they really signed for 1 year as bradberry because they had no one on the outside opposite of slay with any real experience besides maddox who struggled. And they got him at a good value. That wasn’t cause of hurts they signed him it was because they valued him at the price and he became available to help the EAGLES. You seem to think the eagles roster building is made for 2022 and not potentially setting themselves up good for 2022 and after even if hurts isn’t here to help make them look better to potential veteran Qb or the next Qb if it’s not hurts.

So they tried to replace hurts in two offseasons and even some parts of last season but I should ignore that because they built the roster up that helps him this year and helps the EAGLES be more attractive to potential FA/QBs going forward and help whatever the Qb is in 2023. It makes much more logical sense if the eagles believed Kenny Pickett was a QB they loved and coveted and a franchise changer they would have selected him due to actively looking into options to replace hurts in 21 and 22 offseason.  

I didn’t misconstrue crap. Everyone knows what you wrote and argued for over an hour. You change your goal posts and been called out on it by multiple people such as one of the "pillars” of the blog. my argument has consistently been the same just cause the Steelers liked/loved Pickett the eagles don’t have to share the same opinions. You have NO FACTS Pickett wasn’t drafted due to hurts and it very well could be they didn’t think pickett was a franchise QB. The eagles tried to replace hurts in 2 offseasons so if they had the chance to replace him with someone they really coveted and loved I’m guessing they’d have done it  

Typical you post where you try to belittle people like it makes your argument better. It doesn’t make you look any better. Just makes you look like you can’t have a discussion cause you are incapable if someone disagrees with you. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They built the roster to be good this year and long term. They didn’t just build the roster for strictly jalen hurts. You seem to think the only reason the moves were because of hurts. They made the moves cause it set the eagles up best this and long term with or without hurts. If they had Gardner minshew starting I’m guessing they would’ve been in on aj brown cause he’s 25 and a pro bowl caliber player.

Aj brown and Hassan weren’t just signed for 2022. They were signed to be here after as they were young and positions they coveted. The only player they really signed for 1 year as bradberry because they had no one on the outside opposite of slay with any real experience besides maddox who struggled. And they got him at a good value. That wasn’t cause of hurts they signed him.

I didn’t misconstrue crap. Everyone knows what you wrote and argued for over an hour. You change your goal posts and been called out on it by multiple people. my argument has consistently been the same just cause the Steelers liked/loved Pickett the eagles don’t have to share the same opinions   You have NO FACTS Pickett wasn’t drafted due to hurts and it very well could be they didn’t think pickett was a franchise QB

Typical you post where you try to belittle people like it makes your argument better. It doesn’t make you look any better. Just makes you look like you can’t have a discussion cause you are incapable if someone disagrees with you. 

Go easy on him, he's having a tough day.

13 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I see you're starting to get nervous.

Nervous about what?

Hurts is going to be the starting qb this year. Nothing you think is going to change that.

If he plays well and the team wins, I get to enjoy that. If he doesn't, the team has draft picks next year to upgrade. Either way, I am fine. Hurts haters, on the other hand, have painted themselves into a corner where the better the team does, the more miserable they become. That's a position I don't envy.

7 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Nervous about what?

Hurts is going to be the starting qb this year. Nothing you think is going to change that.

If he plays well and the team wins, I get to enjoy that. If he doesn't, the team has draft picks next year to upgrade. Either way, I am fine. Hurts haters, on the other hand, have painted themselves into a corner where the better the team does, the more miserable they become. That's a position I don't envy.

Game 1...yeah sure ..... 7...ehh

Nobody hates Hurts...we just seen the film and it screams...not it. Not even competitive when it counts. Hell I feel the same way about the film the DC put out last year. Am I a bad fan for expecting a similar outcome from the previous season, or am I being realistic about what he has and hasn't proven up to this point. Both DC and QB have been given everything. If there is truth about this practice, then it seems DC learned something from Tampa and QB has not

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They built the roster to be good this year and long term. They didn’t just build the roster for strictly due to being sold jalen hurts ability this year. They made the moves cause it set the eagles up best this and long term with or without hurts. 

Aj brown and Hassan weren’t just signed for 2022. They were signed to be here after as they were young and positions they coveted.

The only player they really signed for 1 year was bradberry

You forgot to include Barnett, Harris, Tartt, Edwards, White, Cox, Pascal and Kelce. But that's only 17 percent of the roster on one-year deals, and 90 percent of their free agent signings, so maybe you are correct. 

11 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Nervous about what?

Well you seem pretty nervous because now that it's become a topic of discussion you ran to defend him. 

As for the bolded, I don't recall ever making that claim?

Here's the real humor:

No matter how many times and ways the Eagles try to tell the stans that they are far from sold on Hurts, they just can't seem to accept it.

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Game 1...yeah sure ..... 7...ehh

The point that this all comes down to is the Eagles in 2021 off were active in looking for an upgrade at Qb. Even into this season Zach Ertz’s agent said they were trying to get Deshaun also. And it’s why it held up an ertz trade cause they were discussing goedert in that deal.

This off-season before they made all the moves they did they active in the Russell Wilson and watson market. Once they were informed that they were basically out cause neither wanted to come here, that’s when  decided to use the draft capital and assets to just build up the roster and set themselves up for now and the future.

So when Wilson’s done again rejected the eagles (likely the eagles didn’t think any of the QBS this year were worthy of taking in the first round), that was the point in time they decide it is better for THE EAGLES to build up the rest of the roster so that even if hurts isnt the guy long term they’d give him the best chance to prove it and set themselves up for the future. if he’s not  (they are not completely sold on him as they were active in trying to upgrade) then at least the roster is built up that we look more attractive to future free agent and more attractive to a veteran quarterback that could hit the FA or trade market.  They built up the roster because it’s what’s best for the Philadelphia Eagles shirt and long term with it without hurts. It gives hurts no excuses if he doesn’t succeed with the talent on his roster and if he doesn’t work out they are in a better position by being more attractive if a good quarterback becomes available  

37 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I see the Hurts Stans are coming out of the woodwork and feverishly typing away to try and defend him. 

"Butbut look at what his best friend had to say!"

😂

Thats My Quarterback GIFs | Tenor

34 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Yes Barnett who sat on market and no one really wanted? Yes he’s a huge play for eagles to be the backup depth guy. The only reason why Derek Barnett is back is because no one else in the league wanted him and they got him back for a value deal which gave them depth.   

see Barnett… same applies Harris. Also if they didn’t sign Harris what were they gonna do at safety? They had Marcus Epps and Wallace. that’s was pretty much it on the depth chart. Were the eagles going to have a depth chart of 1 safety with any sort of starting experience? That’s why Harris is back. Heck they wanted Williams from the saints but missed out cause they were trying to upgrade a position that’s been mediocre to below average for 2-3 years now. That’s about solving an issue that’s been a problem since about 2018 

Got white on a value contract. Again what were they gonna do sit around go back into this season with the same crap linebackers? knowing they weren’t good enough last year and one of poorest units in the league? They signed him cause their linebackers weren’t good, he was good value and improved that unit that was one of the worst on the league 

tart was out there for 2.5 months and got him for pennies on the dollar. again that’s called if there’s a guy out there that has good value at a cheap price the Eagles are always interested whether or not Jalen hurts is here or not.

Pascal a 5th wr. again got him on a dirt cheap contract. Whether or not hurts is here or not are always looking to add guys they perceive have value at a cheap price. add on has experience with sirianni and they also didn’t know they would be able to acquire Aj brown. Add on reagor and JJAW were useless so they couldn’t just sit idle with just ward, Watkins and smith as the only competent WRs on the roster. Frankly if pascal would’ve known the eagles were going to acquire brown I’m guessing he would’ve chose elsewhere  

kelce is back cause hes freaking kelce. Kelce wanted to retire he wouldn’t be here. He’s back because he’s one of the most beloved Eagles players and he wants to still play. And likely will be here whether hurts or whomever is at Qb until whenever he wants to stop playing. he’s likely gonna be back just like Jason peters. Who they kept bringing back even though he was done. 

Cox is the only one and that’s because the organization a. Wanted to treat him right for what he’s done for the franchise in the past and b. The only guys of value they had on the roster at the time at the position that were any good were Williams and hargrave. And they also didn’t know they’d get Davis at that time. 

the Philadelphia eagles make moves to help the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES. They made those moves because it either helped to upgrade positions that were bad the previous year(s), they also got a lot of them on value contracts and two beloved players in eagles history and they wanted to do right by them and they wanted to keep playing here. 

you think the eagles wouldn’t have tried to upgrade safety, linebacker and wide receiver or bring back depth or bring back two starters if minshew or whomever was at Qb? Please. Whether hurts was here or not, howie is going to try to fix issues with the roster. The eagles have and will always look to add talent and upgrade positions on the roster regardless if they have the long term Qb or not. 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

you brought the comparison up. not me.

My comp of Hurts is Mitch Trubisky. Who also out performed Hurts in his playoff games with less experience and a less pedigree 

Mitch did play well in his first and only playoff game.  He also outplayed the QB he was going against that game, Nick Foles.  Football Gods had other plans thlighveothvthe double doink finish. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the Philadelphia eagles make moves to help the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES. They made those moves because it either helped to upgrade positions that were bad the previous year(s), they also got a lot of them on value contracts and two beloved players in eagles history and they wanted to do right by them and they wanted to keep playing here. 

The whole built to win now argument is dumb.  Next year the Eagles have to potentially replace........

Kelce, Cox, Hargrave, Graham, White, Bradberry, Harris, and the following year they potentially need an entirely new secondary.

This team is not as set up for the future as some folks think.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The whole built to win now argument is dumb.  Next year the Eagles have to potentially replace........

Kelce, Cox, Hargrave, Graham, White, Bradberry, Harris, and the following year they potentially need an entirely new secondary.

Aging at the foundation and they are supported by unknowns and bandaids.... Looks like success to me. 

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Mitch did play well in his first and only playoff game.  He also outplayed the QB he was going against that game, Nick Foles.  Football Gods had other plans thlighveothvthe double doink finish. 

Glad you could find a way to put Foles down while saying Foles was 1-0 vs Mitch in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You okay, best buddy?

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Tbh i think Cox and hargrave were getting replaced regardless in 2023. I think they are going with Davis and Williams as the starters that year. Whether they are capable enough who knows. 

kelce’s replacement is likely jurgens. Whether he can be a good nfl center is another questions.

Those 3 spots they have young guys they like to step into those roles it’s more whether or not they can be good or not. 

graham they still have to find his long term replacement. which is the same issue they’ve been looking to do at safety since jenkins declined and then was let go. 

Imo Harris sucks. So replacing him shouldn’t be that hard. They swung and missed on Williams so at least they obviously know they need a massive upgrade at some point. 

With white i think the eagles are hoping i am speed taylor can replace him or even outshines him this training camp (unlikely). i think their plan is that hopefully long term it’s Hassan, dean and Taylor. not saying it’s smart but that’s their hope

bradberry if he returns to pre-2021 form is going to be hard to replace. McPherson and a bunch of just guys. And they have to start looking for slay’s eventual replacement. It’s a position like safety that long term isn’t as stable. 

the whole win now with some of these contracts is bs cause the eagles always look to add players that they think fit the system, get at an evaluation/contract they are good with whether or not the team is expected to be good or not. This goes all the way back to when reid first got here. That’s the eagles imo try to add guys that they think fits their system to help bolster the team and get on a contract they think is of value sometimes they get a long term contract with them and other times they hope they 1 year prove it type deal can lead to a second contract if they pan out. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh i think Cox and hargrave were getting replaced regardless in 2023. I think they are going with Davis and Williams as the starters that year. Whether they are capable enough who knows. 

kelce’s replacement is likely jurgens. Whether he can be a good nfl center is another questions.

Those 3 spots they have young guys they like to step into those roles it’s more whether or not they can be good or not. 

graham they still have to find his long term replacement. which is the same issue they’ve been looking to do at safety since jenkins declined and then was let go. 

Imo Harris sucks. So replacing him shouldn’t be that hard. They swung and missed on Williams so at least they obviously know they need a massive upgrade at some point. 

With white i think the eagles are hoping i am speed taylor can replace him or even outshines him this training camp (unlikely). i think their plan is that hopefully long term it’s Hassan, dean and Taylor. not saying it’s smart but that’s their hope

bradberry if he returns to pre-2021 form is going to be hard to replace. McPherson and a bunch of just guys. And they have to start looking for slay’s eventual replacement. It’s a position like safety that long term isn’t as stable. 

yup...it always was a 2-3 year rebuild. They have gotten some pieces in place with younger players and they have some clear pathways with which to plan out next steps. Most importantly they have assets in place already with the draft next year. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Jackson and Toth. No surprises here.

I would be surprised if either makes it off PUP before the season starts. No need to rush them. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I agree with this. The eagles gave Carson wentz a massive extension and then still took hurts only the second round. Which tells me even if they had a Qb that they liked they’d still would’ve taken a QB like Pickett if they believed he could be good or great. They didn’t pass on Pickett cause of hurts. They passed on him cause they didn’t believe his talent was worthy of being a first round pick and especially where they were selecting. The eagles would take a Qb if they truly think he can be a good nfl QB regardless of who they have. Heck they drafted kolb in the 2nd with mcnabb here then signed vick cause they also thought they could resurrect his career because they value the position if they believe in the player’s ability. 

Why would they be in on the Watson and Wilson talks if they truly beleived Hurts was the answer.  They didn't like Pickett which is understandable.  He isn't a sure bet prospect.  He doesn't have some monster arm or elite athleticism.  He's a an underwhelming choice.  

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Why would they be in on the Watson and Wilson talks if they truly beleived Hurts was the answer.  They didn't like Pickett which is understandable.  He isn't a sure bet prospect.  He doesn't have some monster arm or elite athleticism.  He's a an underwhelming choice.  

But they sure did put in a bunch of scouting on Pickett, they have had the line in the water for a QB since the 2021 draft.

Archived