EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Or perhaps it's just the Sirianni offense operates.  Minshew's passing chart vs the Jets doesn't look a whole lot different than Hurts against the Falcons.  

pass-chart_MIN604610_2021-REG-13_1638740

image.thumb.png.53b8317e3b349318becc8b85e9da2a7e.png

It was Minshew’s first start of they year with no camp, in a new system.  It was basically his first NFL rookie start.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Or perhaps it's just the Sirianni offense operates. 

Or perhaps he's hamstrung by two QB's lacking in height & arm talent. Would be nice to see Rivers and Herbert's passing charts from 2020. 

20220714_214327.jpg

3 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Or perhaps he's hamstrung by two QB's lacking in height & arm talent. Would be nice to see Rivers and Herbert's passing charts from 2020. 

20220714_214327.jpg

You think Frank Reich was really having Nick Sirianni create the offense?  That was Frank Reich's offense in Indy.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You think Frank Reich was really having Nick Sirianni create the offense?  That was Frank Reich's offense in Indy.  

You think the offensive coordinator had no hand in the offense whatsoever? Sirianni didnt design his offense to virtually never throw over the middle of the field for no reason. It was probably designed that way because Hurts is short, doesnt have the arm talent to consistently throw into tight windows and doesnt go through his progressions well. 

36 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think Reddick will disappoint.   I say 7 sacks.  

I’m intrigued to see how Gannon uses him. But yeah, could be a huge disappointment if he doesn’t use him correctly.

This type of panic and poor decision making is what bothers me the most about Hurts

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’ll cite that Hurts can throw the ball 60 yards in the air, as evidence of his "arm talent”.  

It's like when people tell me Hurts doesnt lack arm strength because he measured 1 mph less than Herbert at the combine. Like c'mon man just watch the games and it's evident they arent on the same planet in terms of velocity and distance.

20 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Hilarious 

I see Big Ben more than Wentz

41 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

You think the offensive coordinator had no hand in the offense whatsoever? Sirianni didnt design his offense to virtually never throw over the middle of the field for no reason. It was probably designed that way because Hurts is short, doesnt have the arm talent to consistently throw into tight windows and doesnt go through his progressions well. 

Why was the Minshew passing chart against the Jets similar. 

Sirianni's role for Frank Reich would have been an errand boy.  An assistant, a lackey for Reich.  Reich wasn't deferring to any decisions by Sirianni.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Why was the Minshew passing chart against the Jets similar

1 hour ago, KDUB1510 said:

Or perhaps he's hamstrung by two QB's lacking in height & arm talent.

6 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

This type of panic and poor decision making is what bothers me the most about Hurts

Racist.

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think Reddick will disappoint.   I say 7 sacks.  

7 sacks wouldn’t be terrible. I guess it all depends on your expectations, but all and all I don’t think he necessarily disappoints. Probably not play up to his contract but overspending on a guy who can get to the QB will always be a thing. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s because he’s not a smart QB and can’t read a defense.  His first few reads are covered so his instincts to run take over. 

20220715_091522.jpg.2b9df0836ae8735de16d082bf7242892.jpg

DeVonta is open waiting to catch a TD while Hurts is running in circles in a clean pocket. The throw would've required some anticipation from Hurts but we know he doesnt do that very well. Dont mind Vincent, he's being facetious.

20220715_090853.jpg.ca069d4d038356a9aacfb89844a3d730.jpg

Here's our UDFA in a similar situation but instead of panicking for no reason, he anticipates his receiver coming open and delivers a strike. The things we want to see from our 3rd year hard working 2nd round pick, our rookie UDFA was already doing as a sophomore in college. 

17 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

DeVonta is open waiting to catch a TD while Hurts is running in circles in a clean pocket. The throw would've required some anticipation from Hurts but we know he doesnt do that very well. Dont mind Vincent, he's being facetious.

Here's our UDFA in a similar situation but instead of panicking for no reason, he anticipates his receiver coming open and delivers a strike. The things we want to see from our 3rd year hard working 2nd round pick, our rookie UDFA was already doing as a sophomore in college. 

Look at Hurts stance at the beginning of the play through the abandonment of the pocket.  He is crouched. Look at Strong, standing tall.  That is a huge flaw in Hurts game.  He tends to crouch like a runner throughout the play.  Add to that his height and he has trouble seeing the field   He has to learn to stand tall.  No reason pre play that he can’t read the defense if he stands tall.  It is one of the worst things about his mechanics.  I am glad he spent the offseason with a quarterback whisperer.  

There was a tweet about not even throwing initially, IIRC by Hurts   I hope that was because they were teaching him how to stand pre snap and catch the hike while standing up.  I hope that was teaching him about anticipating his receiver being open.

Now watch when he starts to panic and run in circles. Watch as the OL extends to full height. He is having trouble reading the middle of the field because he is still crouched at that point.  Well, at that point the ball should have been out of his hands. 

One would think that with a winning Texas high school football coach as a father, stints with some pretty good football coaches in college and two years in the pros that he would have learned this by now.  Although given his talent as a running QB, I can see where they wanted to exploit that at the high school and college level.  

His stance is correctable.  Will it fix his presnap reads and his reading post snap?  I have my doubts.  Will it fix his muscle habit of looking for running lanes too early?  I have my doubts.  Will it fix his feet mechanics, probably won’t hurt.  Can it fix his slow trigger?  Can’t hurt.  Can it help him learn to trust the pocket and deal with a small pocket.  Probably could but that is a mental thing too.  But has Hurts reached his ceiling? Possibly not.  Pre camp hope springs eternal.

Imagine if Strong is total dog crap in preseason? Not sure how this blog will be able to deal with that. 

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Imagine if Strong is total dog crap in preseason? Not sure how this blog will be able to deal with that. 

Total dog crap would still be better than Hurts

39 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

One would think that with a winning Texas high school football coach as a father, stints with some pretty good football coaches in college and two years in the pros that he would have learned this by now.  

Yep. You combine all these factors with his legendary work ethic and you'd think he would have gotten these things down by now. Either he's not working as hard as everyone says he is or he just is what he is. 

58 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

He's shown great strides and you're being a hater. He went from three pocket twirls a game to two, ffs. What do you expect? An actual QB????

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Imagine if he's not. How will you be able to deal with that? 

1 hour ago, KDUB1510 said:

20220715_090853.jpg.ca069d4d038356a9aacfb89844a3d730.jpgHere's our UDFA in a similar situation but instead of panicking for no reason, he anticipates his receiver coming open and delivers a strike. The things we want to see from our 3rd year hard working 2nd round pick, our rookie UDFA was already doing as a sophomore in college. 

blinking-guy.gif

26 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

His stance is correctable.  Will it fix his presnap reads and his reading post snap?  I have my doubts.  Will it fix his muscle habit of looking for running lanes too early?  I have my doubts.  Will it fix his feet mechanics, probably won’t hurt.  Can it fix his slow trigger?  Can’t hurt.  Can it help him learn to trust the pocket and deal with a small pocket.  Probably could but that is a mental thing too.  But has Hurts reached his ceiling? Possibly not.  Pre camp hope springs eternal.

That's alot of things that need fixin.

Archived