EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

That below average qb can do what your femboy lover can't... win games with his arm, read a defense, go through his progressions. Should I keep going?

He won a Super Bowl which very well might be something Hurts never does.  But beyond that Nick Foles isn't a starting QB in the league for a reason.  There's no consistency to his game and more times than not he is very below average.  He's around a .500 career QB with wins/losses.  Maybe Jalen Hurts also ends up being a journeyman backup QB getting random chances to start here and there.  It's fully possible.

But the original point that Bacarty was declaring was that it's an outlier for teams to win a Super Bowl with an average QB.  Which is true but it's mostly an outlier at all to win a Super Bowl.  Plenty of really good above average and very above average QBs never even win a Super Bowl or play in one.  It's the overall team that matters.  Either you have a championship team or you don't.  

That's why if you have a great team then having a QB with great intangibles that has a tendency to play well at the end of games and do or die situations at that point in games.  And that's what Hurts provides.   So the potential for Hurts with this team and also the potential for this team with Hurts is greatness.  It's very possible this season will be very special.  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hurts is only that because of all the idiots that sunk money on him after the AJ Brown trade. He was 140/1 before the draft. 

I got my Hurts MVP bet down at +5100 odds on April 3rd.  

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Daniel Jeremiah on Will Levis:

Not too crazy about the comp to be honest.

Dak with a larger- than- wanted sprinkling of Taysom Hill mixed in.  Jeremiah is bang on about the excessive running.

Gotta get a conductor in to orchestrate this offense instead of another fiddle player 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

lol 

If Wilson figures out how to complete 8-10yd passes he should be comeback player of the year, but even Hurts has a better chance of becoming MVP, than Zach Wilson. 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I got my Hurts MVP bet down at +5100 odds on April 3rd.  

Won’t even get a vote or be in the discussion

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Won’t even get a vote or be in the discussion

While I agree, I’ve mindlessly thrown more money at dumber bets than a home run swing on +5100 odds.

23 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

While I agree, I’ve mindlessly thrown more money at dumber bets than a home run swing on +5100 odds.

The last 9 NFL MVPs have all been QBs.  I’d make a scatter-bet and put money down on Rodgers, Brady, Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert.  I wouldn’t make a ton of money, but I’d be pretty confident one of them will come in.

9 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He won a Super Bowl which very well might be something Hurts never does.  But beyond that Nick Foles isn't a starting QB in the league for a reason.  There's no consistency to his game and more times than not he is very below average.  He's around a .500 career QB with wins/losses.  Maybe Jalen Hurts also ends up being a journeyman backup QB getting random chances to start here and there.  It's fully possible.

But the original point that Bacarty was declaring was that it's an outlier for teams to win a Super Bowl with an average QB.  Which is true but it's mostly an outlier at all to win a Super Bowl.  Plenty of really good above average and very above average QBs never even win a Super Bowl or play in one.  It's the overall team that matters.  Either you have a championship team or you don't.  

That's why if you have a great team then having a QB with great intangibles that has a tendency to play well at the end of games and do or die situations at that point in games.  And that's what Hurts provides.   So the potential for Hurts with this team and also the potential for this team with Hurts is greatness.  It's very possible this season will be very special.  

The bold at the top is how I would describe Hurts lol. Jalen hardly has any great intangibles that show up on the field, and playing well at the end of games when the defense is letting you because they are up by 3 TDs...doesnt say potential for greatness. Its very possible this season will be a disaster for Hurts.

18 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Terrible place to lose him to. The Ringer is such low level content. 

The Ringer broke the Jerry Coangelo Twitter burner story.  They have had fairly serious content and it's not a bunch of hack writers.  They also cover pop culture and politics.  I wonder if Sheil thinks it will let him move into things beyond just football.  

13 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Daniel Jeremiah on Will Levis:

Not too crazy about the comp to be honest.

Levis seems like he has a stronger arm than Dak.  I think the better comp for Levis is Wentz.  

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

The Ringer broke the Jerry Coangelo Twitter burner story.  They have had fairly serious content and it's not a bunch of hack writers.  They also cover pop culture and politics.  I wonder if Sheil thinks it will let him move into things beyond just football.  

It's a very hacky site that is focused on low bar hacky pop culture writing.  Place can't also help but interject its political beliefs in everything. 

It's predecessor Grantland had some actual great content but that's not at all what The Ringer is. 

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

They must not be Hurts Squirts, so they are hacks.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

The bold at the top is how I would describe Hurts lol. Jalen hardly has any great intangibles that show up on the field, and playing well at the end of games when the defense is letting you because they are up by 3 TDs...doesnt say potential for greatness. Its very possible this season will be a disaster for Hurts.

This.

How many games did Hurts win late?  Did the Eagles have very many comeback wins last season?  The CAR game comes to mind, but that was a big ST play that turned momentum.  

I would argue Hurts hasn't shown that ability, yet.  The defense last year didn't hold the fort well enough for comebacks but we will see this year.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

This.

How many games did Hurts win late?  Did the Eagles have very many comeback wins last season?  The CAR game comes to mind, but that was a big ST play that turned momentum.  

I would argue Hurts hasn't shown that ability, yet.  The defense last year didn't hold the fort well enough for comebacks but we will see this year.

The defense being better this year will put more pressure on Hurts as he faces less of that late game prevent D from the opposing teams.

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

This.

Yep, Carolina they only had to go 27 yards to score the go ahead TD.

49ers game was there for the taking, 3 straight punts in the second half, and scored the TD to make it 17-11with a minute left, so garbage time.

Bengals alternate uniform is going to be all white. Could look pretty clean if they get the helmet right.

I wonder when the Eagles are going to unveil their all black helmet. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

There is no color that could make that Bengals helmet look good.  

I like their helmet. 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's a very hacky site that is focused on low bar hacky pop culture writing.  Place can't also help but interject its political beliefs in everything. 

It's predecessor Grantland had some actual great content but that's not at all what The Ringer is. 

Politics are injected everywhere now.  

35 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Bengals alternate uniform is going to be all white. Could look pretty clean if they get the helmet right.

I wonder when the Eagles are going to unveil their all black helmet. 

They look like zebras.  

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I like their helmet. 

Best helmet in the nfl

17 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Politics are injected everywhere now.  

They look like zebras.  

WRONG.

Zebras are black with white stripes, duh. 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Doesn't make it right and shouldn't make it acceptable.  

I mean it depends on the relevance of the issue to the article.  There are times where politics are an issue.  I think the problem is when the journalist seems to sake a side vs. reporting on it.  

12 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I mean it depends on the relevance of the issue to the article.  There are times where politics are an issue.  I think the problem is when the journalist seems to sake a side vs. reporting on it.  

The Ringer actively finds ways to interject politics into everything. There's nothing worse than people with snobby political views that view that their views are so important that the world must be smacked in the face with them at every opportunity those writers have. 

Writing about a TV show or movie? Find a way to tie in your political beliefs. 

Discussing a topic on sports? Find a way to criticize a player who expressed opposing political views than yours in the past even if it has nothing to do with the overall topic the writer is writing about. 

That's The Ringer formula along with the laziest formula articles they pump out.  Grantland was a legitimate sports journalist site, it's been clear since it's launch that Bill Simmons has no intention of The Ringer being that. 

35 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The Ringer actively finds ways to interject politics into everything. There's nothing worse than people with snobby political views that view that their views are so important that the world must be smacked in the face with them at every opportunity those writers have. 

Writing about a TV show or movie? Find a way to tie in your political beliefs. 

Discussing a topic on sports? Find a way to criticize a player who expressed opposing political views than yours in the past even if it has nothing to do with the overall topic the writer is writing about. 

That's The Ringer formula along with the laziest formula articles they pump out.  Grantland was a legitimate sports journalist site, it's been clear since it's launch that Bill Simmons has no intention of The Ringer being that. 

Translation - The Ringer does not think Jalen Hurts will be MVP

Archived